• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Who is ready to kick winter in the ass and boot it out?

The weather finally warmed up enough to go outside in only a sweatshirt this week. I was "dealing" with winter O.K. but now that we've had a little taste of warm weather, I'm REALLY ready for it to be summer.

All the snow went away this past week so today I was able to get the last of the Christmas stuff down (it was frozen in the snow and therefore impossible to remove prior to this week). This means a trip to storage - and a longing look at my boat.

I must say though, the signs of spring are arriving quickly at my house: My Daughter's Dance Recital is just around the corner, the Boys' are all through with Monday Night Catechism, State Forensics for both girls is coming up quick... These are all signs of impending summer. Bring it on!

• 20150314_122322 (640x480).jpg There is light at end of the tunnel. Standing on a ramp on the Wisconsin river watching ice float by this afternoon

From my understanding the bigger lakes actually warm up quicker when they have ice because of something like a greenhouse effect under the ice. Don't know how true that is, but one can hope.

Kick it in the ass... Hell I was ready to punch it in the nose when it came knocking. I hate the winter.

We packed our boat yesterday for the dealer to pick it up as a trade in. While in the boat I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tempted to take her out one last time for a quick run. I might have had it not been raining and cold. I am so ready for nicer weather.

My boat and waverunner will be docked out back ready to go by May 1st, it doesn't matter what the weather is.

I retired this past October after 25 years in Law Enforcement. My son started college in Charlotte NC, about the same time. I started with a new P.D. as a second career and now have to listen to him tell me how warm it is every day at the school I'm paying for. I am looking however at the nice lakes in that NC/SC Lake Wylie area. Just have to convince the wife the schools down there are just as good for the two little ones. One of my friends stated that lake has a Nuclear power plant and are having troubles with the water?

@2devine I live on Lake Wylie and have been boating on it for the last 4 years. We love it here and would be a good place for you to relocate. We were just out on the lake last weekend. The weather has been great the last week or 2. Let me know if you have any questions about the area.

We are presently in MN on Spring Break (hanging out at the beach, you betcha). Most of the lakes are still frozen over here! It was weird it being 84 out and seeing that!

Soon, folks!

I visited the boat, had morning coffee while looking across the concrete jungle, and fired up the engines for the first time this season. I couldn't be more ready to kick winter good bye.

Back