• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why should I not just tape my throttles together....WTF Throttlesync

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Three questions -
Why is the throttle sync so expensive?
Why is the throttle sync so hard to find?
Why should I not just connect my throttles together (tastefully) with a home grown solution?

Is there any reason I should have individual control of my throttles? Am I missing something?
In time, you will learn how much control you can have over your boat. I had throttle sync on one of my boats, I bought it directly from the guy that made them when he first started selling them, before he sold them through distributors. It was ok for cruising but around the dock or trailer, forget it. If you haven't found a need for two independent throttles with these boats yet, just wait, you will.

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for all the input - after some experimentation with some home grown solutions last night (and even despite the price) I have decided to pull the trigger on one. This will allow me to lock the throttles and also unlock to maximize the full capability of my boat.

a big thanks to @Drift Away for the heads up on spotting those at Cycle Springs

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They had quite a few from what i could tell when i was down there if anyone else is looking for them
I know there are a few people out there looking for them. If I had an E throttle on my 212x allowing single lever operation like the 242x I would not have a need... however with my wife driving while I am surfing it is worth the money to me.

Its all about decreasing the frustration factor while my wife is driving :)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I often forget I have it installed. Bought it for my wife though she rarely drives the boat, it does make things a little easier for new / guest drivers. Mine was a scratch and dent item direct from the inventor, I paid under $100 for it at the time, if I had to do it all over again I'm not sure if I would. $150 isn't a lot of money when it comes to boats. At over $3 per gallon of gas $150 would not fill the tank. Wake boards are usually two to three times and much.

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have them and I love them! Think of it like cruise control. When I hit the throttles I slide the lock, and when you pull the throttles back flip it off. It became second nature.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just use my hand as throttle sync. Maybe the newer boats are spaced farther away?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
See for my normal boating I have no need for throttle Sync but I did purchase it this year during the sale they were having back in December for I think just under $100. I only plan to use it offshore though that's were I find this would be most useful to me is in rough conditions where I don't have to worry about moving both throttle levers I can just grab one and control both and not worry about it.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bet you could cut a slit in 2 or 2.5" abs pipe and make one for a buck. Or a piece of leather with one snap that goes under the throttle.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the inexpensive alternative better than tape.

Whether you use it or not, the throttle sync is a great product in my opinion. It’s comfortable, always available and easy to engage and disengage and looks like an oem assembly. If you don’t point it out nobody will know it’s there. Yes it is the most expensive alternative available on the market (actually its the only product available on the market) next to buying an eseries boat with the single throttle function but you get what you pay for, especially in this case. I can’t or won’t afford an eseries boat but $150 for a useful feature/ function that my boat does not have will never be a problem if it is I have bigger financial problems to think about. Relatively speaking, $150 wouldn’t fill the gas tank, is less than a pair of speakers with LEDs and some without, far less than a magma bbq set up, or underwater LEDs. How much did the boat cost again? The out the door post finance total life of the loan cost?

I think some of the brp powered jet boats like chaparral or scarab May only have a single throttle for two engines but I could be wrong. If I am right that might keep me from considering purchasing such a boat now that I’ve had independent throttles. I don’t often have to spin the boat in tight spaces but when I do, I simply (most of the time) do it and could not do it without independent throttles.

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
would you be willing to make another sell? i have 2018 SX210 and the JBP throttle sync does not work on my boat.
Hi @Peter Alonso I'm not sure I still have the 3d file for those. I do have a couple somewhere in my garage. I'll find those, or duplicate from those and see if I can score some secret time on the company's printer. All we have right now is white material, but it is paint-able...... stay tuned

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi @Peter Alonso I'm not sure I still have the 3d file for those. I do have a couple somewhere in my garage. I'll find those, or duplicate from those and see if I can score some secret time on the company's printer. All we have right now is white material, but it is paint-able...... stay tuned
@justason Yes! ill take the white ones! just let me know and ill throw you a couple of bucks.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Three questions -
Why is the throttle sync so expensive?
Why is the throttle sync so hard to find?
Why should I not just connect my throttles together (tastefully) with a home grown solution?

Is there any reason I should have individual control of my throttles? Am I missing something?
If I had 10 things to worry about on my boat throttle sync would be on or near the bottom.

EyeSeeU

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@justason....Can you please post a pic of what you made? (2011 SX210)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

EyeSeeU

Reaction score
Boat Make