• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why should I not just tape my throttles together....WTF Throttlesync

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here, waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the Throttlesync, or another wife!!! 8” of 1 1/4” PVC, cut and smoothed. Less than $1.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice mod @Dixie Highway. It’s interesting to hear how people want a single throttle since the original yamis didn’t have the ability to control the gates separately on the twin engines and some people went as far as spending $1000 on custom throttles that would provide this function. Now some of us are trying to tie the throttles together.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Honestly I use it strictly for cruising. Once I approach a docking, anchor, or other precision maneuver I pop that thing off for independent throttle control.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 106444
Here, waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the Throttlesync, or another wife!!! 8” of 1 1/4” PVC, cut and smoothed. Less than $1.
That’s quite brilliant, actually!
You could be marketing those as ThrottleSync2.0 for a low, low price of $150. Lol.
In the meantime I’m stealing your idea, before you have a chance to patent it!

I hardly ever split throttles but most definitely like to have the option and not want to loose the independent binnacles. Use RideSteady for the real (electronic) sync.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
To be honest if there was an aftermarket device I could have purchased I would have dropped the $150 on it. I’d love the Ridesteady, but would likely only use the throttle sync portion never the cruise control, so I have a hard time justifying the price. I don’t plan to patent this awesome device, so by all means please use it. Unfortunately I don’t have dimensions, it was a trial and error process. Necessity is the mother of invention....

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have had dual engines in my home for 25 years...I don't fully understand the need to physically sync them. I generally interact with the throttles very little, compared to how long I'm on the boat, and when I do I always adjust RPMs to sync, so I need and want them to be disconnected so I can fine tune to the exact match across both engines. What am I missing that makes this such a need? Why not just grab both horns towards the middle and push both together?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Because then you spend some time paying attention to syncing the rpms that would be better spent watching the water ahead, when they’re somewhat synced from the jump it’s much quicker to get them spot on. Personal preference I’d say.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had dual engines in my home for 25 years...I don't fully understand the need to physically sync them. I generally interact with the throttles very little, compared to how long I'm on the boat, and when I do I always adjust RPMs to sync, so I need and want them to be disconnected so I can fine tune to the exact match across both engines. What am I missing that makes this such a need? Why not just grab both horns towards the middle and push both together?
It comes in handy with guest captains.
Just one less thing to worry about.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got a text from someone a few days ago looking for the throttle sync I made years ago. Since the 3d printers are getting so popular now. I attached the files here. these were for my 2009 212x. Not sure if throttles have changed at all over the years. The file is Native Creo if anyone wants the master to edit

reference: https://jetboaters.net/threads/3d-printed-parts.605/

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The 2018 and up throttles are different. Hence the lack of JBP parts for the new one.