• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wired Remote for Factory Radio?

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone found a wired remote for the Marine Audio MA200? I have looked online and can’t find anything, checked the forum as well and didn’t see a super clear answer. Thanks as always for your help!

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does yours look like the Jensen MS2013btr? I don't have one but looking at the pictures on google they look exactly alike just rebranded. If so you should be able to use a wired Jensen remote. I wired 2 of them on my previous AR190. One at the helm and one at the swim platform

Edit: does yours look like this? If so then here's the remote you need
https://www.ebay.com/i/192405286597?rt=nc
IMG_1039.JPG

Last edited:

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Exactly like that! Thanks so much for your help!

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Marine Audio does have a wired remote but you won't find it anywhere. I contacted them directly and asked if they do offer one because it does show on their website. You can only get it by buying direct from Marine Audio. It was about $100 if I remember correctly. I haven't purchased one yet but plan to do so before the next boating season.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Marine Audio does have a wired remote but you won't find it anywhere. I contacted them directly and asked if they do offer one because it does show on their website. You can only get it by buying direct from Marine Audio. It was about $100 if I remember correctly. I haven't purchased one yet but plan to do so before the next boating season.
Check out the remote in the above post. It works perfectly with that head unit

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Check out the remote in the above post. It works perfectly with that head unit
Do you have it installed Kyle or Jeep Guy? This is definitely something I want to do since i feel like im always climbing back on the boat at the sandbar to change a song or turn up the volume. Does the wired remote plug right in to the back of the radio? How much of a pain is it to run the cable from the head unit to the swim deck?

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Colin MacEachern had that setup on my 2015 AR190. I had the Jensen radio that is identical to the marine audio head unit. Also Jensen and marine audio are the same company. Running the cable isn’t difficult. I’ve had to install the remote on the swim deck of my last 3 boats until I got my 240.

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Colin MacEachern had that setup on my 2015 AR190. I had the Jensen radio that is identical to the marine audio head unit. Also Jensen and marine audio are the same company. Running the cable isn’t difficult. I’ve had to install the remote on the swim deck of my last 3 boats until I got my 240.
I guess running the cable and all that doesnt scare me nearly as much as drilling a 2-1/2" hole on my swim deck :nailbiting:

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The first hole hurts the worse. I added a remote at the helm too, that fiberglass is THICK.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_1216.JPG
Plenty of room right here. Easy to reach from the water too

Edit, sorry Viper I didn't have a pic handy and yours is super clean

redsand

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@redsand Have you installed one? I just ordered one and plan on installing it on the helm. This way I can keep my phone in the glovebox and plugged into the usb charging port while running Bluetooth.

Last edited:

redsand

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@redsand Have you installed one? I just ordered one and plan on installing it on the helm. This way I can keep my phone in the glovebox and plugged into the usb charging port while running Bluetooth.
I haven’t pulled the trigger on the remote yet. For almost $100 I might just get a new head unit that is Bluetooth compatible. Boat doesn’t come out of storage until April 6. Still weighing my options out.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been debating getting the remote in redsands post as well. I thought the "remote app" would be the hot ticket but it never seemed to work right and would usually require a lot of resets to connect, and then it would freeze up after a few hours of use. Could be an issue with the head unit I suppose.

As an alternative, I may just get a fusion head unit and the new wireless stick on remotes they came out with. https://www.fusionentertainment.com/marine/products/remote-controls/ms-arx70b

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ordered the Jensen Marc100 which the wired remote that’s capable with the MA200 stereo deck in my 2017 AR195. Currently I run Bluetooth off my iPhone most of the time and use my phone to pick and choose songs and adjust the volume. However it runs my phone down fairly fast and with my phone in the sun it’s caused it to overheat a few times. I’m hoping this will solve my problem and I can just keep my phone in the glovebox plugged into the usb charging port. The only thing after I order it I looked at my dash and I’m not sure where it will fit for mounting.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep us posted. I am guessing it is a surface mount remote and you just have to pass the wire through a small hole.

Edwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ThatJeepGuy I’m looking to run two Marc100 for my helm and swim deck as well, I was wondering how did you hook up a second remote? I only see one plug on my MA200 for a remote. If you did need any additional cables can you post a link thanks.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the parent company for the Marine stereos labeled as Marine audio, Jensen and PolK are made by ASA . My rear remote knob went bad on my 2017 242x and I ordered the MARC200 (Jensen remote ) that pugs into the the stock harness at the time amazon had them listed for $19 now they are $58 you can add remote control Y cable ad add up to 3 if needed it works . The hole needed for the marc200 is 40mm or 1 5/8'' it comes with the extension cable. These remote units seem to all work together and use the same plugs and pin out configuration and allow multiple remotes using the y cable shown below

Copy of Tuesday, January 22, 2019.jpg

below is info for the polk unit but it has other optional remotes that should work and shows the options available in wiring the MARC200 is confirmed to work with the polk unit
PA4A - pa4a_owners_manual (2) (2).jpg