• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Factory Boat Cover Protection

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lots of sun in SWFL and my boat is stored outside. I’d like to protect the cover and T-top fabric if that’s possible. I have seen some conflicting posts on using 303 products.
What’s your experience/recommendation?

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The consensus has been that fabric protectants and waterproofing agents will rapidly degrade the premium mooring cover.

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Works excellent - have used it for many years on the bimini top, boat cover, grill covers and the deck furniture. Keeps it like new - applied once at the begining of the season Wallyworld ~$8 a can.
1649897911676.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lots of sun in SWFL and my boat is stored outside. I’d like to protect the cover and T-top fabric if that’s possible. I have seen some conflicting posts on using 303 products.
What’s your experience/recommendation?
I have the factory mooring cover but this is the cover I use 99% of the time.

This cover goes over the entire boat and I find it easy to put on and take off, about 8 minutes to put on and about 5 mins to take off and put away. I look at this cover as sacrificial, if I can get 4-5 years out of it I’ll be happy.

If I’m going to travel for a ways, like a hour I will put the factory cover on.

Last edited: