• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha FSH 255 E center console vs comparable prop model?

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like the 255. Dual motors, 500 hp, no propeller, rear seating /swim platform make it seem like a no brainer. However I am surprised that the performance doesn't compare better to a normal center console with an outboard. Top speed on the FSH looks better but acceleration looks quite a bit better on the outboards even with 250 or 300 horsepower instead of 500. Am I missing something? I will not be on glass smooth lakes. what other boats did you consider? what made you pick the FSH?

Howdy!

Here is a thread from a guy that was in your position. https://jetboaters.net/threads/255-fsh-sport-e-feedback.36355/#post-586348

Have you checked out the tests at boat test .com or boating on the 255, then looked at other comparable boat tests? Usually the 255 FSH Sport E is a lot quicker than it’s outboard powered counterparts.

I do not have the 255 or the 252, I have the 210 FSH sport. There are many reasons that I bought this boat over your typical Warrior, Lund etc… or even another CC, the one thing that really stands out is the bang for the buck aspect.

I read about all kinds of boats, I really like the twin outboard CC boats, but what I always come back to is the swim deck.

You said you won’t be on glass smooth lakes, so where are you going to be using your boat?

I really like the 255. Dual motors, 500 hp, no propeller, rear seating /swim platform make it seem like a no brainer. However I am surprised that the performance doesn't compare better to a normal center console with an outboard. Top speed on the FSH looks better but acceleration looks quite a bit better on the outboards even with 250 or 300 horsepower instead of 500. Am I missing something? I will not be on glass smooth lakes. what other boats did you consider? what made you pick the FSH?

The 255 fsh will blow away any comparable center console outboard. Just make sure everyone is sitting down and they are ok losing their hats.

mostly on the chesapeake bay and the surrounding waters. maybe some ocean....i think the 255 would be just as good as a 239 fs key west or sportsman 234 ultra for chop

Back