• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Production

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is Yamaha sending out boats according to dealer allocation rather than customer pre-orders? This would explain why there are 190s in California but none at my dealership in Minnesota.

Jet Boat Brant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I have a deposit on a Yamaha 255XD in Louisiana, but heard from another dealership that no more 2021 255XD boats are going to be made (they had received a 252XE that was available for sale). Called Yamaha Customer Service and they said owners who have the 255XD already on order with a dealership will get their boat but they're not producing the boats solely for dealer inventory. Does this match the information anyone else is receiving? Has anyone taken delivery of their 255XD this since January 1st? Thanks for any info you have.
Did you ever get your boat?

ChrisF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put a deposit on a 2021 AR190 back in April. I was next in line if the deal fell through and it did so I haven't been waiting terribly long. My concern is quality issues during this period but with used boats going for more than new, I fear 2022 prices are going to skyrocket. I just saw a used 2021 AR190 with 3 hrs for 46k in MI. Dealer says the boat is coming TBD and it's mine. Also I'm buying out of state so I will not have a dealer relationship after purchase. Don't know if that matters. I'm just gonna hang on. I checked on a Chaparral ssi 19ft and the dealer said that chaparral is not building 19ft boats for 2022 because demand is so high and they make more money on the bigger boats. I hope Yamaha doesn't follow suit!!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put a deposit on a 2021 AR190 back in April. I was next in line if the deal fell through and it did so I haven't been waiting terribly long. My concern is quality issues during this period but with used boats going for more than new, I fear 2022 prices are going to skyrocket. I just saw a used 2021 AR190 with 3 hrs for 46k in MI. Dealer says the boat is coming TBD and it's mine. Also I'm buying out of state so I will not have a dealer relationship after purchase. Don't know if that matters. I'm just gonna hang on. I checked on a Chaparral ssi 19ft and the dealer said that chaparral is not building 19ft boats for 2022 because demand is so high and they make more money on the bigger boats. I hope Yamaha doesn't follow suit!!
The issues you’d have with the 2021 will eventually get fixed so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I don’t think other manufacturers are going to be any different as they’re all in the same boat.

Rangerusa1111

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We placed our order in November of 2020. Dealer just called and said boat is on the road. AR190 to Houston area.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After owning this lift for some time now do you still like it? How hard is it to push off? Or do you use a wench? I’m about to pull the trigger on a wave armor X24 as I already own a wave armor dock. But it’s kind of a $10k experiment and I’m a little nervous of how it will work out getting it off!
love the jet dock. I have a line set and installed a bike flag as a guide to center the boat driving up…. Takes a few times to get the hang but I can stop it at the line with the bow of the nose and it is perfect point to make it easy sliding back off. Too far and it takes more winch action but at the line I have set usually about 30 seconds and it’s ready to slide. You feel the teeter point and can just stop… and I can fire it up and rock it inside and slide right off.

definitely uses a winch… it’s built into the jet dock specifically for launching. Rides out storms awesome as well.

Phrogmariner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just had my order for an SX190 (placed 12 Jan 2021) cancelled by Yamaha. My buddy ordered three weeks earlier and got his boat last week.

4ukwildcata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just had my order for an SX190 (placed 12 Jan 2021) cancelled by Yamaha. My buddy ordered three weeks earlier and got his boat last week.
This cancellation occurred this past week? So your dealer said you didn’t get cancelled in the May cancels, but just now came with a cancellation from Yamaha? This is significant, at least to my perception.

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
There seems to be no rhyme or reason for which boats are cancelled and which dates they were ordered. It's so random. Sorry that happened. Still hoping our boat comes, we put a deposit on a boat the that dealer already had ordered back in March.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There seems to be no rhyme or reason for which boats are cancelled and which dates they were ordered. It's so random. Sorry that happened. Still hoping our boat comes, we put a deposit on a boat the that dealer already had ordered back in March.
Well, the SX190 is the least profitable boat Yamaha makes so I’m sure that plays a part. I’m sure they look at which dealers typically orders more boats…that would be my guess.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This cancellation occurred this past week? So your dealer said you didn’t get cancelled in the May cancels, but just now came with a cancellation from Yamaha? This is significant, at least to my perception.
According to our Yamaha rep, I can expect delivery two weeks from last Thursday. I know I should probably just defer to a 2022, but I think I'll take it.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
According to our Yamaha rep, I can expect delivery two weeks from last Thursday. I know I should probably just defer to a 2022, but I think I'll take it.
I don’t think 2022 boats will be any better. They’ll start building them around August and the supply chain issues won’t be fixed by then.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
and MSRP may be even more unfavorable.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
and your 2022 boat may not show up until next July.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yup - I wouldn't be surprised to see substantial increases in pricing on 2022s....and tkeru408 is right, if I opted for a 2022, it may very well be a unicorn too.

Our company will ship roughly 70M tons of raw materials for dry bulk and chemical industries in a year and what I can clearly see is massive increases in cargo value, so add to that escalating labor costs and you have the makings for a little sticker shock....or, Yamaha will cut corners where they can. If Yamaha can keep the price increases below 5%, they will have pulled off a major victory.

4ukwildcata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup - I wouldn't be surprised to see substantial increases in pricing on 2022s....and tkeru408 is right, if I opted for a 2022, it may very well be a unicorn too.

Our company will ship roughly 70M tons of raw materials for dry bulk and chemical industries in a year and what I can clearly see is massive increases in cargo value, so add to that escalating labor costs and you have the makings for a little sticker shock....or, Yamaha will cut corners where they can. If Yamaha can keep the price increases below 5%, they will have pulled off a major victory.
I agree with this as well which is why, though with reservations, I’m hanging in on the 2021 at this time. However, if my boat isn’t here as we approach August. I may just skip over to a 2023 boat. I still think there is a good chance this swings back fairly hard, especially if the industry adds any capacity.

Phrogmariner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, they told me 10 days ago that mine should be in any time, then "boom" no boat. The dealer offered to roll my deposit to a 2022, but couldnt tell me what the pricing would be or have any idea what that production timeline will look like - no surprise. After the experience of the last 6 months, I'm out. Problem is, just about every other outdoor rec industry has its hair on fire too...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am starting too see more used boats come up. Some are ridiculously priced and absurd, some are not that bad even for a later model. May be an option

4ukwildcata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am starting too see more used boats come up. Some are ridiculously priced and absurd, some are not that bad even for a later model. May be an option
I think, as we discussed earlier, I will skip the 2022 model if the dealer doesn't hold the price at 2021 level for me. At that point it will be a newer used boat or just holding off and jumping back in with the 2023 models, as I think capacity and people realizing they bought a boat and not using it will drive promotions.

anuddereng

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Ordered 2021 SX190 on 10/19/2020. Received call today that Yamaha canceled our order.

Ordered 2022 SX190 today. My dealer doesn't think the price increase will be more than 5%. He said Chaparrals will go up ~8%.

Thankful to still have a 2000 Yamaha LS2000 and slowly continue to update it.