• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Production

drewp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
None yet--still waiting on my '21 252SE. I've reviewed Sea Pen, Dock-Blocks, Versadock, Jet Dock, Air Dock, Fab Dock, EZ Dock, Barnacle Barrier, Docky Dock and Sea Pen seems to have it figured out.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
None yet--still waiting on my '21 252SE. I've reviewed Sea Pen, Dock-Blocks, Versadock, Jet Dock, Air Dock, Fab Dock, EZ Dock, Barnacle Barrier, Docky Dock and Sea Pen seems to have it figured out.
@Julian has and uses the air dock. I looked at that option heavily but hated the idea of having to pull it each season and looking for holes/patching it. - but looked simple and very cost effective versus your other options. I was able to find a used jet dock set up for my boat already and paid $6K used for it - cost for new from jet dock was over $20K. If you can find a used jet dock I highly recommend - love it. Easy to drive up and launch - no scratches on the hull and rides up and down with the water levels - also no need to pull it in the winter - it stays in the water year round.

Also, the huge storm this past weekend up at the Lake had me nervous - had 12-15 foot waves out in Lake Erie - and the water literally submerged our break-wall... the jet dock rode the storm beautifully - boat was safe and secure the entire time. This was a once in 40 years type storm on LE but it was nice to see it perform that way - their were several boats up at Put in Bay that were heavily damaged and 1 mega yacht sunk from hitting the docks during the storm.

IMG_6420[1].JPG

drewp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thanks. There are so many options! I spoke to a dealer today who said that all boats ordered last year will deliver, perhaps as late as July. Anyone have any first-hand information on Yamaha's production? I saw this was just posted recently:
I'm considering buying a used boat in the interim.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewp Not all boats ordered last year will be delivered. Cancellations of those have occurred and keep occurring and there will be more. Lot's of info on it here on the forums.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Agree with HangOutdoors on this. Not sure why that dealer is saying all boats ordered last year will be delivered as that's clearly not the case. Yamaha has been cutting production and informing dealers of cancellations of orders for months now; at least 30-50% of boat orders have already been canceled.

That being said, if you have a deposit with your dealer then your dealer should know if that boat has already been canceled or if it is still planned to be delivered. The caveat, of course, is that even a boat that is currently scheduled to be delivered could ultimately get canceled before it gets made. I hope yours come through, drewp!

drewp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thanks. I spoke with my dealer today. They are getting deliveries--a few in the last week: a 19, a 27, some skis. He did confirm that my order has not been cancelled, but could not say anything about when it might deliver and what the rhyme or reason is for orders that are being cancelled. He mentioned that the only info the get is a shipment notice about 4 days prior to arrival, and that they are in the dark otherwise.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Good news that it hasn't been canceled.

His statement about only getting info when a boat ships and is in the dark otherwise is exactly how my dealer described it, too. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is with the Yamaha factory. I had no idea when my boat was going to arrive. My dealer called me on a Thursday morning, said he just got notification my boat was being shipped to him., It was sitting in the parking lot Friday morning when he got to work. 24 hours notice (we're only a 1 day drive from the factory in TN to here in NC).

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer just found out today that they’re getting their last 2021 orders in by the 26th if you’re still waiting for your order and it hasn’t cancelled yet maybe there’s still hope for ya!

drewp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

Phrogmariner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A friend ordered an SX190 in December 2020, and it just came in this past week in Waco, TX. I ordered three weeks later in January but still waiting.

Tiff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We ordered a 2021 Yamaha AR190 last August of 2020, and are still waiting. The dealer said the finish date at the factory says possibly June 29, 2021. The dealer also said Yamaha made them call a bunch of people and cancel their orders off the list because they won’t be able to manufacture them.

The Mia Fay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I have a deposit on a Yamaha 255XD in Louisiana, but heard from another dealership that no more 2021 255XD boats are going to be made (they had received a 252XE that was available for sale). Called Yamaha Customer Service and they said owners who have the 255XD already on order with a dealership will get their boat but they're not producing the boats solely for dealer inventory. Does this match the information anyone else is receiving? Has anyone taken delivery of their 255XD this since January 1st? Thanks for any info you have.
I am still waiting for a 252S. Since December 1st. 2020

drewp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Ordered mine in October...

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just picked up my AR250 other then the table mount was missing and the head door was warped it checks out. I ordered towards the end of November. Cover got pushed back to sometime in July though.

Phrogmariner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just picked up my AR250 other then the table mount was missing and the head door was warped it checks out. I ordered towards the end of November. Cover got pushed back to sometime in July though.
The starboard cockpit door on my buddy's SX190 was also warped. I noticed the non-skid above the glove compartment was also not sticking well. I'm concerned that maybe their QA at the factory is suffering through this inventory shortage...

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The starboard cockpit door on my buddy's SX190 was also warped. I noticed the non-skid above the glove compartment was also not sticking well. I'm concerned that maybe their QA at the factory is suffering through this inventory shortage...
QA has suffered, I got a new door ordered so I’m sure in the end it will all work out. Probably be another week or two before I can water test it.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian has and uses the air dock. I looked at that option heavily but hated the idea of having to pull it each season and looking for holes/patching it. - but looked simple and very cost effective versus your other options. I was able to find a used jet dock set up for my boat already and paid $6K used for it - cost for new from jet dock was over $20K. If you can find a used jet dock I highly recommend - love it. Easy to drive up and launch - no scratches on the hull and rides up and down with the water levels - also no need to pull it in the winter - it stays in the water year round.

Also, the huge storm this past weekend up at the Lake had me nervous - had 12-15 foot waves out in Lake Erie - and the water literally submerged our break-wall... the jet dock rode the storm beautifully - boat was safe and secure the entire time. This was a once in 40 years type storm on LE but it was nice to see it perform that way - their were several boats up at Put in Bay that were heavily damaged and 1 mega yacht sunk from hitting the docks during the storm.

View attachment 152103
After owning this lift for some time now do you still like it? How hard is it to push off? Or do you use a wench? I’m about to pull the trigger on a wave armor X24 as I already own a wave armor dock. But it’s kind of a $10k experiment and I’m a little nervous of how it will work out getting it off!

idahoskiguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ordered my 255XD August 26, 2020. To date I have been given 5 different ship dates, the latest being June 4, 2021 and the boat has still not been delivered. The dealer is more than frustrated with Yamaha as am I. Yamaha tells my dealer that the order has not been cancelled and the boat will be here before the end of June. Since Yamaha has not fulfilled the other 5 delivery dates I am not expecting the end of June to be any different.

The boating season here in Idaho is only four months long so the "end of June" is almost half way though our season.

Do not understand how a company can expect to have any credibility when they keep giving false or misleading delivery dates to customers. Just never imagined it would so hard to purchase a new wake boat as other manufactures don't appear to be doing much better.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Ordered my 255XD August 26, 2020. To date I have been given 5 different ship dates, the latest being June 4, 2021 and the boat has still not been delivered. The dealer is more than frustrated with Yamaha as am I. Yamaha tells my dealer that the order has not been cancelled and the boat will be here before the end of June. Since Yamaha has not fulfilled the other 5 delivery dates I am not expecting the end of June to be any different.

The boating season here in Idaho is only four months long so the "end of June" is almost half way though our season.

Do not understand how a company can expect to have any credibility when they keep giving false or misleading delivery dates to customers. Just never imagined it would so hard to purchase a new wake boat as other manufactures don't appear to be doing much better.
It is every industry that is affected. Most boats are only missing a few parts but are mostly built. Yamaha is probably getting the same thing as us. They expect part A to be here by XX/XX so they say delivery YY/YY - but then part A doesn't show up and is delayed.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

If they didn’t cancel it then it’s coming! It’s probably already built and just waiting on a part. I think you should have it within a couple weeks