• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Production

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AR250 Delivered! Finally - Boat came in this past Saturday the 10th.... Hallelujah! Only 2 weeks off the original ship date of March 27th. Jet Dock lift setup was finished on Saturday as well - it was a good weekend!.

Scheduled my actual pickup for the 23rd. My dealer is taking their time with all the boats coming in and going over them with a fine tooth comb and fixing anything before the customer even sees it - they are scheduling 2 pickups a day (M-F) so 10 a week. They explained it is cutting down on a ton of issues - the "Prep" portion of the boat seems to really be earned right now - I feel very comfortable knowing my dealer is on top of this out of the gate. But they said they are not seeing (have not seen) any major issues with the recent 3 truckloads of boats - the ones that came in January/February had lots of issues (they declined delivery on 2 of them) - must have had some major production issues during the build on those ones - but March/April delivered boats have been back to their expected standards of Yamaha quality - minor issues only according to my dealer.

Still no covers though - so will be shipping cover for the time being until they come in. Just super excited for the boat and upcoming season!

Keep the faith if you are still waiting!
please let me know how the Jet dock lift works for you! That’s a ride on floating lift right? I’m looking at getting a wave armor lift but wasn’t sure how a jet boat would handle a ride on lift!

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will do... Yes it is a ride on floating lift. I got price quotes on just about every lift out there. Wave Armour was about $12K for a new one setup for the AR250. I preferred the Jet Dock but new price was ridiculous - I was lucky to find a used one setup exactly how I needed it.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will do... Yes it is a ride on floating lift. I got price quotes on just about every lift out there. Wave Armour was about $12K for a new one setup for the AR250. I preferred the Jet Dock but new price was ridiculous - I was lucky to find a used one setup exactly how I needed it.
How do you back off one of these with jet boats?

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reverse winch system is built in which pulls the boat backwards and slides it off - but for bigger boats they have an air assist option at the back-end that lowers the back into the water to make it easier to drive on and then launch - but they say you can go up to 24 foot and just use the winch system. Mine happens to have the air assist.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reverse winch system is built in which pulls the boat backwards and slides it off - but for bigger boats they have an air assist option at the back-end that lowers the back into the water to make it easier to drive on and then launch - but they say you can go up to 24 foot and just use the winch system. Mine happens to have the air assist.
Thanks for explaining that !!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They quoted me $21,000 for the blocks. I already have a Wave Armor dock so I think I’m going to try the Xtreme24. It’s rated for boats up to 32ft and 8k lbs. I can get it with the attachments for around $9500. I just wasn’t sure about backing off it. I’ll look into the wench but this one has rollers soooo? Idk? I guess we’ll see.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked at the Wave Armour price was like $10.5k if I recall but the dealer couldn’t get any of them. Said their distributor didn’t carry the big ones. So I stopped looking.... but without a winch/assist moving a 5k lb boat has to be a struggle! Jet Dock was crazy expensive for new - lifetime warranty I guess costs.

will be interested to see that one in action.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I don't understand. How do you get a jet boat off of those when the motors and intake will not be in the water? Also how would you get it on in the last few feet unless you are going at it pretty fast? Soon as the intakes come out of the water isn't that where it would stop? Pretty cool though. I see them all over Lake St. Clair. with outboards mostly and smaller ones with Jet Ski's.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I guess I don't understand. How do you get a jet boat off of those when the motors and intake will not be in the water? Also how would you get it on in the last few feet unless you are going at it pretty fast? Soon as the intakes come out of the water isn't that where it would stop? Pretty cool though. I see them all over Lake St. Clair. with outboards mostly and smaller ones with Jet Ski's.
From what I have read into them, there is a winch system with rollers for putting on & taking off

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree... curious for sure. All the ones I see with that style show OBs or skis. I think Jet Dock holds the patent on their style with the reverse winch and air assist.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree... curious for sure. All the ones I see with that style show OBs or skis. I think Jet Dock holds the patent on their style with the reverse winch and air assist.
EZ dock uses air assist (water pump) system too. I see jet boats on them a lot around my lake but never seen them in action. I saw a video of an AR240 using the wave armor one and might have a picture. With rollers they just pushed it off. When you ride up on it the boat pushes the back of the lift under the water and when you stop moving it floats back up...if that makes sense. I’m probably going to go with the Wave Armor Extreme 24 since I own a wave armor dock but am still a little nervous since it’s still around $10k

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have a 21ft or less the wave armor genesis G20 is a good option for $5k too.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those of you still looking for a lift here’s a “cheap” option that seems simple and interesting. Someone bought one for their 212 and swears by it! He paid about $3500

drewp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Anyone use a Sea Pen? I've looked into Fab Dock, Air Dock, etc. and Sea Pen seems to have the best solution for salt-water. On this page they show a 242 on one. Solstice Docking Solutions

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked into them but they wanted
Anyone use a Sea Pen? I've looked into Fab Dock, Air Dock, etc. and Sea Pen seems to have the best solution for salt-water. On this page they show a 242 on one. Solstice Docking Solutions
I looked into them but they wanted something like $22,000. My max budget is around $10,000. What type of dock to you have?