• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Production

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, it does make a lot of sense. Sooner or later there will be a lot of boats on the used market which will probably hurt new boat sales, which in turn will drive down both new and used prices, etc. Best approach is not to ramp and go cautiously at it from Manufacturers point of view.

Jaydubbs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I agree, and I wish I was patient enough to wait for the flood of used boats...

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i am in the marine manufacturing circle and i can tell you if the boat is built then that is a good thing. things are getting real grim for most boat builders. its not getting better, its getting worse. there is a massive shortage on fiberglass and resin right now. do you know how many boat companies have basically closed their doors right now because they cant make a hull? its crazy.
Thanks for confirming what I had thought was going on in addition to a lot of resources being held up at the ports.

603jetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I'm still waiting on my 2021 212XD from Irwin here in NH...Since July. Though, the last update from Yamaha was a couple weeks again and that it was 'built'. So fingers crossed.
Im waiting on the same boat from the same dealer. Your probably the person in front of us. I hope you get your boat soon!

tonypetro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a deposit down for an AR250 in Tulsa OK (1200 miles away). I put it down about 2 weeks ago, the guy said he had I think 8 on order. Should I have multiple deposits down? Give up and look for a different boat? This thread is depressing! :)

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have a deposit down for an AR250 in Tulsa OK (1200 miles away). I put it down about 2 weeks ago, the guy said he had I think 8 on order. Should I have multiple deposits down? Give up and look for a different boat? This thread is depressing! :)
If you have the means (and an escape clause on your orders) I am a big fan of hedging your bets with multiple dealers. If your luck is anything like mine (usually all bad) you will go from no options to having to chose between available boats once they ship.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tonypetro I guess it all depends on your comfort level with the dealer and if you want a new boat this season. Looks like you have your 24' still by your profile? If that is the case then you are in a better situation than others whom don't have a boat. Maybe just wait and see if the boats comes in. If not than you will most likely get a 2022 which should be out mid to late summer. You could be patient.

If you don't have a boat already, if it was me and I wanted a boat this season, I would probably hedge the risk and put a couple of other deposits in, as long as they are refundable.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I have two deposits, one local and one long distance. The OTD price of the long distance dealer is about $2300 dollars less. If it comes in first I could ship the boat to me and still be ahead about $1300. Have to wait and see, but getting tired of the wait.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If the deposit is 100% refundable, and I had the cash (which you should if buying a boat), I would put down a deposit at every dealer I was willing to drive to.

Jaydubbs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Im waiting on the same boat from the same dealer. Your probably the person in front of us. I hope you get your boat soon!
No way! Well, good news! My boat is at Irwin! That means you’re next 🙏🍺🍺🍺

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My recent experience is on a new Waverunner, a small yamaha jet boat, but it still applies directly here.

I just purchased a 2021 gp1800ho, $13,300 retail, just under $18k out the door. I put a refundable deposit on it 6 weeks earlier. The dealer tells me it could be on the truck now and will be delivered to them within 1 to 5 weeks. I went in at the end of week 5 to check the status and put more money on it. They tell me they will call me after they talk to yamaha. I got a call the next morning (Friday), they say that yamaha just confirmed that they are not producing anymore of 1800s this season so mine is not coming in. I could either buy what they have or wait until next year.

I called two other shops within 100 miles, both said the same thing so I had my deposit switched to the hp 1800 they had, what I wanted plus an $880 sound system that I didn’t want. I tried to get the costs down on it but they came straight out and said no, Ive just got right of first refusal, if I say no there are several others on the wait list behind me.

while completing the transaction at the dealership. The sales guys were talking about how they sold 300 pwc by may last year and have already sold more than that in early April and won’t have any stock to sell by May / the end of May. What they thought would be a killer sales year just got torpedoed.

I was told that Yamaha can’t staff the plant in Venice, TN with qualified workers because they workers are better off collecting unemployment. I don’t know if that’s true in the boating industry but I have friends in the trades said they had it better last summer collecting unemployment than working. Even if the hourly worked out to less than they made working it wasn’t much less for them and they gladly gave it up for the free time. For context, I was camping with them and said I wish I could jet ski / get on the water everyday. In response they said they did since they are unemployed and collecting off Uncle Sam. I’m not judging just sharing.

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looked for 2021 255xd all over the 50 states. Nothing available end up putting a deposit for a 2022, they said production will begin June/July, called yamaha corporate, they said the same thing, 2022 models can expect a 3-5% price increase and they haven't released the new colors. I am 2ed in list for a 2022, i hope I get it by August at least. Fingers crossed yamaha can pull it off.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
with a line tied to the cleat (IE the cleat UP), can you close the anchor locker lid?
Just FYI, added a bow cleat to my 242 a couple years ago. With cleat up and rode tied, locker closes just fine. No worse for the wear with the line coming out.

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No way! Well, good news! My boat is at Irwin! That means you’re next 🙏🍺🍺🍺
We got ours at Irwin as well, great people and they come highly recommended!

typhoon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I was told that Yamaha can’t staff the plant in Venice, TN with qualified workers because they workers are better off collecting unemployment.
I don't doubt that. Here in Florida, unemployment pays the equivalent of $13.50 an hour. I offer more than that, and can't get people in the door. It is a sad situation.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't doubt that. Here in Florida, unemployment pays the equivalent of $13.50 an hour. I offer more than that, and can't get people in the door. It is a sad situation.
Who is John Galt?

That was going on around here for a short while, but that has ended. Hopefully all these players find that when their unemployment runs out, that their old job has been taken by someone who has some self esteem and pride in themselves.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
with a line tied to the cleat (IE the cleat UP), can you close the anchor locker lid?
Follow-up on this one. Ended up adding line chocks to ensure the anchor rode doesn't rub against the anchor locker, where it seems sharp enough to eventually fray the line. I removed the ladder, since I wont use it. Was able to use 2 of the existing ladder holes, drilled two more, and just screwed back in the back two holes with the hardware left over. (I will tidy that up later)

The cleat can be used without the chocks and keeping the ladder.

PXL_20210330_220057665.MP.jpgPXL_20210330_220057665.MP.jpgPXL_20210330_220106760.MP.jpgPXL_20210330_220112890.MP.jpg

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
@Mully262 Nice set up. Did you have part numbers or links to share?
The Schaeffer line chocks:
You can certainly get cheaper on Amazon, these are $65 each. But Schaefer is "no messing around" marine hardware.
Super easy install, took me 10 minutes for both. Maybe.

As far as the pop-up cleat, I had the dealer install it, OEM to what is on the hull. It cost me about $250 labor/parts.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you consider putting the cleat in rotated 90 degrees? Wondering if it would look better like that and/or be stronger? (Not saying it looks bad....just surprised me to see it sideways.