• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YDS error, thinks engine is running.

Bluejuice

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I'm trying to diagnose a fuel in oil issue. The engine with issues is throwing an error in YDS. Anyone get an error code like this?

Engine is running or the throttle is too open.Test again after turning engine off or closing valve.

This is the code I get while trying to do a static test of the injectors in my port engine.

Has anyone had this error?

kamilo2000

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hello I am getting the same code. Any luck figuring out what the issue is?

Bluejuice

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, it was the Throttle Position Sensor. It was off a few degrees. I'm at work now, when i get home i'll try to look up more details.

kamilo2000

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Great thanks, I'm getting the same exact code.

In May of this year my portside motor was getting fuel in the oil I went through the process of changing spark plugs, fuel injectors and it ended up being the ecu. I swapped it with my starboard motor ecu and worked perfectly.

Mailed the ecu to cali got it back and decided to just put the fixed ecu on the starboard engine and it worked perfectly. Yds read and was able to do all the standing tests.

Fast forward 2 weeks and now my starboard engine is not starting, and the yds is givingme the code engine running or throttle body open.. I figured something happened to the ecu since it's the only thing I did on this engine. Swapped ecus again and the starboard engine started right up. I figured it's the sensor so I swapped the entire railing injectors and everything from the portside to the starboard and nothing.

I doubt my issue is the tps since it does work on the portside and not the starboard.

I hope you understood my mess...lol
I'm losing my minde here.

Bluejuice

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great thanks, I'm getting the same exact code.

In May of this year my portside motor was getting fuel in the oil I went through the process of changing spark plugs, fuel injectors and it ended up being the ecu. I swapped it with my starboard motor ecu and worked perfectly.

Mailed the ecu to cali got it back and decided to just put the fixed ecu on the starboard engine and it worked perfectly. Yds read and was able to do all the standing tests.

Fast forward 2 weeks and now my starboard engine is not starting, and the yds is givingme the code engine running or throttle body open.. I figured something happened to the ecu since it's the only thing I did on this engine. Swapped ecus again and the starboard engine started right up. I figured it's the sensor so I swapped the entire railing injectors and everything from the portside to the starboard and nothing.

I doubt my issue is the tps since it does work on the portside and not the starboard.

I hope you understood my mess...lol
I'm losing my minde here.
I understand, trying to remember my issue...i had fuel in oil, port engine. Yds showed same error you have. Turned out tps some rotated a tiny bit and to the ecu the open throttle looked like a running engine. It was also the cause of fuel getting into the oil.

Once i figured it out i was able to rotate the tps to the proper spec and tighten it down. The YDS software showed what degrees it was at so i just rotated it until it was right. I'll dig more at home.

Bluejuice

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Found another post about it...

Paste this into search...

2004 sr230 Fuel in oil, been reading, have yds but gives error.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is great info you guys!!!