• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YS-CD-13/19 or YG-DF-14/20 <what impeller pitch?>

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski and @not2fast , I dinged my starboard side impeller. 2007 AR210. I do not understand the differences in pitch and all that. Can I not just order a replacement impeller from what swatski posted above? The number on my impeller seems to match.

Also, here is a pic of my impeller. Does this look fixable? Or am I gonna be ordering a new one. I don't get cavitation unless I really get on it to take off (which I don't do often) or towing/wakeboarding on take off.

Thanks in advance

20180706_153729.jpg 20180706_155534.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski and @not2fast , I dinged my starboard side impeller. 2007 AR210. I do not understand the differences in pitch and all that. Can I not just order a replacement impeller from what swatski posted above? The number on my impeller seems to match.

Also, here is a pic of my impeller. Does this look fixable? Or am I gonna be ordering a new one. I don't get cavitation unless I really get on it to take off (which I don't do often) or towing/wakeboarding on take off.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 78400 View attachment 78401
You can file it out as best as you can a temporary solution. COuld be back to normal, possibly, the damage does not look terrible albeit any dings on the leading edge can cause cavitation, trailing edge damage is more forgiving.

I think you can start by fixing it yourself, you already have the impeller out! That time of year fixing them - it could be 4-8 weeks wait...

I have not checked prices for 230 impellers, they use different shaft, for my current boat the impeller are $150 a piece - at that price I would NOT bother trying to fix them.

Fixing them, w/s&h you will be $150 out before you know it for any worthwhile repair which involves at least some welding.
If the new impelelrs are $250+ then it maybe worth it. I would send to Impros before I would send to SBT.

--

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks!