• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Danforth/Fluke Anchor for a 222

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Need help finding a Danforth anchor for our new 222SE. The Yamaha accessory book shows a 14 lb anchor #SBTYS9200019 $340.99, but does not show the width in the description.
I bought a 13lb anchor on Amazon Amazon.com : 13lb Heavy Boat Anchor Kit Fluke Anchor with Anchor Chain and Boat Anchor Rope Set for 20' - 32' Foot Including Boat Anchors for 21' and 25' Pontoon, Deck, Fishing, and Sail 100FT Rope : Sports & Outdoors . It's not wide enough as it measures 16 inches (description says 17). I think if it was 17' that it would work. At 16" it could slide sideways and fall out of the mount.
3 questions;
1. When looking at anchors I typically find 8/8.5slb for boats 15' to 24" and 13lb anchors 20' to 32". Our Primary anchor off the bow is a 13lb box. I'm thinking that an 8lb off the back would suffice. Am I correct?
2. Does any have brand that will work?
3. Different all together for off the back running to the beach primarily?

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FWIW. I bought this one and I had to trim the cross rod a tiny bit to make it fit in the holder.

I have 20’ of 3/16” chain and a swivel at the anchor shank…once set this anchor has held in some pretty ferocious wind / waves and still came right out when I went to leave thanks to the slip ring.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I too cut an inch off either end of the stock to fit it in the anchor locker on my AR230. It was an 8# Danforth style from West Marine. If yours is too short, could the anchor resting chocks/lock be moved inward to fit the anchor? I know it is a new boat, but a couple of new holes there will not sink her. A picture may help.

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It didn’t come with one??? Is Yamaha getting that cheap?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I too cut an inch off either end of the stock to fit it in the anchor locker on my AR230. It was an 8# Danforth style from West Marine. If yours is too short, could the anchor resting chocks/lock be moved inward to fit the anchor? I know it is a new boat, but a couple of new holes there will not sink her. A picture may help.
I thought about moving the locks. I will have to look at it again. Then the U-bolts for my trailer guides didn't fit. That what happens when you order stuff before you get the boat.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My 255XD didn’t come with an anchor kit either. Got the dealer to throw it in with purchase. Yea me 😏🎉 Lol. Can’t believe they don’t come with it. Honestly can’t believe yamaha/shore lander are still shipping their trailers without Stoltz rollers too…

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
My 255XD didn’t come with an anchor kit either. Got the dealer to throw it in with purchase. Yea me 😏🎉 Lol. Can’t believe they don’t come with it. Honestly can’t believe yamaha/shore lander are still shipping their trailers without Stoltz rollers too…
This is our second Yamaha and both times I've had the dealer install a Stoltz roller before pulling out of their parking lot.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Same… brought it with me and it was installed while we did the test drive.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
FWIW. I bought this one and I had to trim the cross rod a tiny bit to make it fit in the holder.

I have 20’ of 3/16” chain and a swivel at the anchor shank…once set this anchor has held in some pretty ferocious wind / waves and still came right out when I went to leave thanks to the slip ring.
Tried the Five Oceans the stock is 17.5", really needs to be 18". The real problem is the hatch/door can't close.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
This is the one I trimmed the stock down on to fit the anchor resting locks. It's stock is 18.5".

The stock width was the problem with the first anchor. See photo for problem with 2nd anchor. SandShark has a good-looking aluminum anchor, but the stock is to short. I might buy it and have a machine shop lengthen the stock form 16" to 18".

Amazon.com : SandShark Shark-Bite Fluke Boat Anchor Retractable Heavy-Duty Aluminum Shaft w/Auto-Holding Serrated-Fins. : Sports & Outdoors

Attachments

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length