• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 210 Leaning Post Upgrade?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone done, seen or researched upgrading the Stock Leaning Post to a bucked style leaning post seats? My wife has hip issues and I trying to help make her ride a little more comfortable since we only boat in the Ocean.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was looking at an aftermarket leaning post that had built in storage for tackle etc. This company will make a leaning post to your spec. I’ll try and find the company and post here.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone done, seen or researched upgrading the Stock Leaning Post to a bucked style leaning post seats? My wife has hip issues and I trying to help make her ride a little more comfortable since we only boat in the Ocean.
here you go!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just saw this old thread…. What did you end up doing ??
We just moved the cooler to the floor which has helped a lot. It looks like my wifes hip replacements are happening soon too which is going to be a game changer.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Best wishes for your wife’s hip replacements! My friend just had his second. He’s already walking without any assistance after only a couple of weeks

While working on my boat this weekend my friend and I were discussing building an insert to go under the helm seat that would be a tackle center.. it would hold 8-10 Plano 3600 tackle trays horizontally with a drawer or two in the center or maybe a trash can. Then there would be a pull out tray across the top for rigging

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Best wishes for your wife’s hip replacements! My friend just had his second. He’s already walking without any assistance after only a couple of weeks

While working on my boat this weekend my friend and I were discussing building an insert to go under the helm seat that would be a tackle center.. it would hold 8-10 Plano 3600 tackle trays horizontally with a drawer or two in the center or maybe a trash can. Then there would be a pull out tray across the top for rigging
sounds like something I might want to try and copy...get busy!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
sounds like something I might want to try and copy...get busy!
Its either that, or built in set of shelves in the starboard storage pod where the trash can is, I was thinking that area could be made more useful, with the same set up in mind, except I don’t think it would hold as many trays. The advantage of that area is the padded top of the storage pod and the cc seat. I usually sit there when I’m tying up leaders or rigging something up. I currently keep a four tray tackle bag in that area and that works out good, I have another identical bag that’s in the head compartment with extras and different lures. I had thought that if I could come up with a tray type of storage, when my fiends came fishing with me they could just bring a couple of trays and put them there and it would eliminate everyone bringing their own tackle bags / boxes.

The other thing I have the parts for but have not got around to installing is rod protectors inside those storage pods.