• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Love this setup, only legal in some of the states though
Looks like Qualified Captain content on the way. This should be illegal everywhere IMO.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow hard to follow a double trailer set-up but I just picked up this new (to me anyway 2012) Expedition EL, it should be my last tow rig. This is replacing my 2012 Expedition XLT (A/C is crapping out) which replaced a 2010 Expedition Limited (that was totaled in front of my house when a murder suspect T-boned it ending the high speed chase of him by many LEOs). I wasn’t planning on boating this weekend or at least not far away (I live a mile from the ramp) but now I feel almost obligated to tow something with it.IMG_2911.jpegIMG_2908.jpeg

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2021 SRT Durango. The 6.4L handles the AR210 with ease.
nice!
do you know your rear axle ratio? wife has a jeep gcl with the 5.7, it has 3.45 rear end. pulls fine, and feels stable, but tranny searches around a bit more and seems to need more rpm's than my previous ram truck with the 5.7 with the 3.92 rear end. they may even pair your 6.4 with diff tranny? the jeep has the 8hp75.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Love this setup, only legal in some of the states though
Lots of states allow this, some states require you to have a CDL and limit the overall length to 65’ and require the first trailer to be a fifth wheel hitched vehicle. Other states do not require a CDL and limit length to 75’ and can be done with a bumper pull ball style hitch and the primary towing ball / receiver and hitch to be be within the weight limits just like any other towing set up.. Its perfectly safe. Lots of folks do it here with zero dramas. I’m going to be putting a hitch on my toy hauler over the winter so I can tow my boat with it next year, along with a wireless camera so I can keep an eye on the boat.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

IceMan711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nice!
do you know your rear axle ratio? wife has a jeep gcl with the 5.7, it has 3.45 rear end. pulls fine, and feels stable, but tranny searches around a bit more and seems to need more rpm's than my previous ram truck with the 5.7 with the 3.92 rear end. they may even pair your 6.4 with diff tranny? the jeep has the 8hp75.
Ration on these is 3.70, 8HP70 Transmission per my window sticker. I don't know that much about the transmission but been very happy with it overall. Anti sway control, load leveling rear suspension, etc. It's rated at 8700lbs towing capacity, but this is the same rating as the 5.7 Durango RT Tow and Go that has less power and less brakes. At least I know I won't have a problem getting that boat up a hill :)

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Lots of states allow this, some states require you to have a CDL and limit the overall length to 65’ and require the first trailer to be a fifth wheel hitched vehicle. Other states do not require a CDL and limit length to 75’ and can be done with a bumper pull ball style hitch and the primary towing ball / receiver and hitch to be be within the weight limits just like any other towing set up.. Its perfectly safe. Lots of folks do it here with zero dramas. I’m going to be putting a hitch on my toy hauler over the winter so I can tow my boat with it next year, along with a wireless camera so I can keep an eye on the boat.
A lot of folks are triple towing with either a 5th wheel or travel trailer in the middle.

Perfectly safe? IDK 🤷‍♂️. With a boat I would be less concerned, but many camper frames are pretty minimal from the factory, and quite often the recommended weights to hang off the rear frame are relatively light.

Jim

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks stellar Ronnie!
Thanks, I think it will look better when I put the black cover and Bimini boot on. I use the grey stuff when the boat is stored on the side of the house, supposedly it does a better job of keeping the heat out of the cockpit.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks, I think it will look better when I put the black cover and Bimini boot on. I use the grey stuff when the boat is stored on the side of the house, supposedly it does a better job of keeping the heat out of the cockpit.
I think it will be more color coordinated and look better with the black boot and cover. And I totally agree about the grey color not getting as hot.

Whats up with the wiener dog and the cone?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think it will be more color coordinated and look better with the black boot and cover. And I totally agree about the grey color not getting as hot.

Whats up with the wiener dog and the cone?
Lol, I didn’t even see her in the pic. She is 8 months old and was recovering from “Cherry Eye” surgery. My previous minis didn’t have this problem with their third eye lids. This one had both the eyes done, at about $700 per eye. Surgery consists of pushing the eyelid back in and placing a stitch where the upper and lower lids meet to reduce the size of the opening. $700 per stitch, I’m in the wrong profession.

GatorNeedsHisGat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
A progression: my 2014 GMC Sierra SLE with my old 2007 Sugar Sand Tango SS (240hp, I miss that boat), my 2014 again with my 2022 SX195, and I recently decided to trade that truck in for a 2022 GMC Sierra Elevation. To tell you the truth, I kind of miss the '14.Screenshot_20230814_110643_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20230814_110617_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20230814_110820_Instagram.jpg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
2021 SRT Durango. The 6.4L handles the AR210 with ease.
That’s a sharp Durango. I had a 1999 Durango with the 5.9 and that engine was a monster, gas mileage was horrible though. I. Ant imagine what a 6.4 is like.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
A progression: my 2014 GMC Sierra SLE with my old 2007 Sugar Sand Tango SS (240hp, I miss that boat), my 2014 again with my 2022 SX195, and I recently decided to trade that truck in for a 2022 GMC Sierra Elevation. To tell you the truth, I kind of miss the '14.View attachment 206372View attachment 206373View attachment 206374
I tow my 2022 SX195 with a 2022 Yukon XL. Yours looks to have smaller wheels or you have bigger sidewall tires? Our 22 Yukon came with Factory 22” wheels and the tires cup pretty bad. IMG_0234_Original.jpeg70337324399__1CA7BF7F-1DF2-4394-9365-5CA84B2F67B5.jpeg

GatorNeedsHisGat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
I tow my 2022 SX195 with a 2022 Yukon XL. Yours looks to have smaller wheels or you have bigger sidewall tires? Our 22 Yukon came with Factory 22” wheels and the tires cup pretty bad. View attachment 206553View attachment 206554
Good looking Yukon. Those are the factory Elevation wheels, so probably just larger tires. I actually like the tires on this thing a lot, they're from General Tire.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It should be illegal in all 50. People can't drive, let alone tow properly. Hell even on a dual axel boat trailer its hard to tell when you have a blow out on the back tire. 65' behind you? You will be dragging rim before you have any idea.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
It should be illegal in all 50. People can't drive, let alone tow properly. Hell even on a dual axel boat trailer its hard to tell when you have a blow out on the back tire. 65' behind you? You will be dragging rim before you have any idea.
I agree, especially by Florida standards. I’m amazed on how many dual axel trailers I see here that have both front axel wheels taken off and only being used as a single axel bu just the rear set of wheels.