• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
the race car is hobby of last 20 years. Being replaced by the Sport- E. The boat is a lot heavier but the Ranger will pull it anywhere in GA at least 70MPH. At a sweet 11 MPG thru 2.3 liters. I figure 6,000 lbs with 4 batteries and 75 gal of gas. The race car gets about 10 MPG thru 2.5 liter at WOT all day for what it’s worth.
Cheers

View attachment 206985View attachment 206986
The Ranger isn’t squatting at all with the boat on, do you have air bags? I had to go and look up the Rangers Tow Capacity, I’m impressed, 7,500# with the tow package. Turbocharging is so awesome!

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nope no air bags just the factory tow package. That has a lot to do with good balance on the trailer which I have to give Yamaha credit for. I have a little trailer tongue scale that I would use to get race car positioned well but wasn’t necessary here.
The little turbo has more torque than my old 5.4l F-150 did. Coupled with 10 speed automatic it has enough power. I will admit that a little more mass might make for more feeling of control but overall yeah it does great.

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My oldest daughter just got her license a couple of weeks ago so for her first car I gave her my 2008 Porsche Cayenne. Now I know on the surface most people would immediately think why on earth would you give a 16 year old a Porsche as her first vehicle. The realIty is it’s a base model Cayenne with 110,000 miles that is in excellent mechanical condition and is super safe for her to drive. It’s really just a glorified VW Touareg with way better body lines. Plus she works her butt off in school and has proven to be super responsible. She pays for her insurance and fuel. Overall a pretty good deal imo.

I had used the Porsche this past summer to trailer our AR 220 around the northern Chesapeake Bay area. It’s rated for 7700 lbs and did fine locally but really struggled when going out to western Maryland to Deep Creek Lake due to the elevation gain and the fact that it is a base model Cayenne with the 3.6 VR6 motor that puts out 290hp and 275tq.

I really didn’t want a full-size vehicle but really wanted to be able to fit up to 7 people comfortably. I narrowed it down to either a Dodge Durango or Audi Q7. I’ve been a German car technician for over 20 years so in the end the decision was pretty easy to go with the Audi. I found a one owner 2015 Q7 Premium Plus, 3.0TFSI motor, ZF 8HP transmission and only 70,000 miles. I’m doing a few upgrades before springtime comes to help with longevity. First will be a transmission service, then an upgraded over sized dual pass heat exchanger for the supercharger to keep IAT’s in check and lastly an APR stage 1 93 octane ecu tune to up the motor output to a conservative but respectable 370hp and 355tq. It’s rated for the same 7700lbs and came with the factory tow package. With the extra 2 gears in the transmission, an additional 80hp/75tq and increased seating capacity it should be a great tow vehicle for my families needs.E1F1C7D9-AF8E-4C43-8949-D95BB4020A73.jpeg3120DF1B-0E04-452C-A736-2DC296762985.jpeg0CC7DD97-8088-4E23-AE04-9F602EE74C7B.jpegBCF7EE36-CD5B-4277-9A2A-C3FE932F89CD.jpeg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My oldest daughter just got her license a couple of weeks ago so for her first car I gave her my 2008 Porsche Cayenne. Now I know on the surface most people would immediately think why on earth would you give a 16 year old a Porsche as her first vehicle. The realIty is it’s a base model Cayenne with 110,000 miles that is in excellent mechanical condition and is super safe for her to drive. It’s really just a glorified VW Touareg with way better body lines. Plus she works her butt off in school and has proven to be super responsible. She pays for her insurance and fuel. Overall a pretty good deal imo.

I had used the Porsche this past summer to trailer our AR 220 around the northern Chesapeake Bay area. It’s rated for 7700 lbs and did fine locally but really struggled when going out to western Maryland to Deep Creek Lake due to the elevation gain and the fact that it is a base model Cayenne with the 3.6 VR6 motor that puts out 290hp and 275tq.

I really didn’t want a full-size vehicle but really wanted to be able to fit up to 7 people comfortably. I narrowed it down to either a Dodge Durango or Audi Q7. I’ve been a German car technician for over 20 years so in the end the decision was pretty easy to go with the Audi. I found a one owner 2015 Q7 Premium Plus, 3.0TFSI motor, ZF 8HP transmission and only 70,000 miles. I’m doing a few upgrades before springtime comes to help with longevity. First will be a transmission service, then an upgraded over sized dual pass heat exchanger for the supercharger to keep IAT’s in check and lastly an APR stage 1 93 octane ecu tune to up the motor output to a conservative but respectable 370hp and 355tq. It’s rated for the same 7700lbs and came with the factory tow package. With the extra 2 gears in the transmission, an additional 80hp/75tq and increased seating capacity it should be a great tow vehicle for my families needs.View attachment 213125View attachment 213126View attachment 213127View attachment 213128
Nice first car for your daughter! My niece is learning to drive now and next year will need a car. She wants a Jeep Cherokee XJ lol I told my sister "that's great! she can build character the same way as I did.. in the garage at 2AM working on rusty s**tboxes"

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I really didn’t want a full-size vehicle but really wanted to be able to fit up to 7 people comfortably. I narrowed it down to either a Dodge Durango or Audi Q7. I’ve been a German car technician for over 20 years so in the end the decision was pretty easy to go with the Audi. I found a one owner 2015 Q7 Premium Plus, 3.0TFSI motor, ZF 8HP transmission and only 70,000 miles. I’m doing a few upgrades before springtime comes to help with longevity. First will be a transmission service, then an upgraded over sized dual pass heat exchanger for the supercharger to keep IAT’s in check and lastly an APR stage 1 93 octane ecu tune to up the motor output to a conservative but respectable 370hp and 355tq. It’s rated for the same 7700lbs and came with the factory tow package. With the extra 2 gears in the transmission, an additional 80hp/75tq and increased seating capacity it should be a great tow vehicle for my families needs.View attachment 213125View attachment 213126View attachment 213127View attachment 213128
Welcome to the Q7 team. They're great tow vehicles in my opinion. I've had my '17 Prestige for almost 3yrs now, and it's treated us really well. Tows way better than I expected, and honestly, better than the Sierra I traded in on it.

I got a bad example from an abused home. Been calling it the Zero F's Given Audi since right after we got it. Took some refurbishing to rid the vehicle of previous owners neglect. The 3.0T and ZF8HP are a great combination. The air suspension and 4WS makes both trailering and daily life a breeze. I need to get some work done on mine as well (Have the 3.0T oil burn that I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on), but overall it's been a great vehicle thus far.

Here's mine bringing home a cheap pickup I bought.
1703776576152.png

Also tows the little AR190 all over the place with ease. Even made two trip to FL like this with great results.
1703776738866.png

I find it amazing that we both landed on a Durango or a Q7, and came home with a Q7. the 7,700lb tow rating in a "mid-size" SUV makes it work really well daily and as a tow vehicle.

Also, great job trusting your daughter with a nice ride. its good to see parents rewarding kids for hard work instead of falling into the "I had to suffer so they should too " trope that I'm finding far to common now-adays.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
'23 Tahoe. Opted for the 6.2L and Air Ride Suspension. Sucks up the Gas but isn't that what we are all here for?!

Taking her out tomorrow. Will be a brisk 71 degrees!

Attachments

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice first car for your daughter! My niece is learning to drive now and next year will need a car. She wants a Jeep Cherokee XJ lol I told my sister "that's great! she can build character the same way as I did.. in the garage at 2AM working on rusty s**tboxes"
Pretty sure there’s still some tools on my dad’s roof from me learning to work on cars with a hot temper.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just installed a hitch on my Son’s car today so he can haul his bikes and snowboards around. It may do some time towing a or the skis in the future so I’m counting it. It’s a class 1 so 2,000 lbs. limit and 200 lbs. tongue limit so definitely light duty.

The real story was installing it alone (while my Son was cross training for a marathon). I used my gut (aka mid-body energy storage container) to hold it in place while I worked the mounting bolts, six bolts, three on each side so I had to do some contorting while my back was fully arched already to make this happen.
IMG_4399.jpegIMG_4400.jpegIMG_4406.jpegIMG_4401.jpeg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty sure there’s still some tools on my dad’s roof from me learning to work on cars with a hot temper.
yeah when I was 19 I had a seriously neglected supercharged grand prix that I bought for $1000 in the hood of NYC. When I was young, unexperienced, and elevated testosterone, the tools used to fly often 😂 but it definitely teaches patience. Now when something doesn't go my way, it could literally be a dropped timing chain and needs an engine and I'll just shrug it off, grab my bigger tools, and get to work

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
yeah when I was 19 I had a seriously neglected supercharged grand prix that I bought for $1000 in the hood of NYC. When I was young, unexperienced, and elevated testosterone, the tools used to fly often 😂 but it definitely teaches patience. Now when something doesn't go my way, it could literally be a dropped timing chain and needs an engine and I'll just shrug it off, grab my bigger tools, and get to work
The GTP was a bad ass car. My neighbor had a two door and a four door version. Why GM kept Buick but killed off Pontiac I will never know. They brought back the GTO and G8, both affordable performance cars.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I just installed a hitch on my Son’s car today so he can haul his bikes and snowboards around. It may do some time towing a or the skis in the future so I’m counting it. It’s a class 1 so 2,000 lbs. limit and 200 lbs. tongue limit so definitely light duty.

The real story was installing it alone (while my Son was cross training for a marathon). I used my gut (aka mid-body energy storage container) to hold it in place while I worked the mounting bolts, six bolts, three on each side so I had to do some contorting while my back was fully arched already to make this happen.
View attachment 213228View attachment 213229View attachment 213230View attachment 213227
I used to tow a 2019 Sea Doo RXT-X 300 with a Hyundai Veloster.....lol Definity got some looks at the ramp.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used to tow a 2019 Sea Doo RXT-X 300 with a Hyundai Veloster.....lol Definity got some looks at the ramp.
The guy I bought my first yamaha jet boat from used to tow, launch and recover it with a 40” RV (sometimes), I would loved to have seen that at the ramp.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The GTP was a bad ass car. My neighbor had a two door and a four door version. Why GM kept Buick but killed off Pontiac I will never know. They brought back the GTO and G8, both affordable performance cars.
I had mine for some years and did some mods. The car was quick for the time. The G8 GXP was a crazy nice car, but they weren't pontiac.. They were imported and rebranded Holden cars from australia. And I agree with you, who is buying Buick??? lol I don't recall seeing a Buick in the past 10 years. They were the old mans car back in the day. Same with oldsmobile. And pontiac was still making cool stuff like the firebird, GTO, G8. They were saying that they didn't want to take away sales of Cadillac CTS-V and Chevrolet corvette. The GM brand was overloaded and their quality sucked for the longest time. Can't forget northstar engines!

1703895695574.png

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I had mine for some years and did some mods. The car was quick for the time. The G8 GXP was a crazy nice car, but they weren't pontiac.. They were imported and rebranded Holden cars from australia. And I agree with you, who is buying Buick??? lol I don't recall seeing a Buick in the past 10 years. They were the old mans car back in the day. Same with oldsmobile. And pontiac was still making cool stuff like the firebird, GTO, G8. They were saying that they didn't want to take away sales of Cadillac CTS-V and Chevrolet corvette. The GM brand was overloaded and their quality sucked for the longest time. Can't forget northstar engines!

View attachment 213251
I have a couple right hand drive Holdens in my neighborhood, I’m guessing imports for military personnel at the Air Force base. Pretty cool to see, kinda like spotting a unicorn. Buick has come a long way with design, but I’m not seeing kids in their late teens or even 20s lining up at the dealership for one. I also agree that GM had just to many brands and were top heavy. At some point in time, you are competing against yourself for sales, probably one of the reasons GM was in the financial crisis they were. Ford did it right, have a couple brands, stick with what works and kill off over time what isn’t (Mercury). This is a pretty cool article on the Firebird WS6.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picked up a new hauler! Goofy excited and can’t wait for boating season. Found out quickly that it’s great in the snow.IMG_1176.jpegIMG_1178.jpeg

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just upgraded from a 2023 SR5 Crewmax 4wd 6.5ft bed with air suspension to a 2024 Limited Hybrid Crewmax 4wd 6.5ft bed with air suspension and just about every option besides the panoramic roof.

I loved the truck. It was quiet and had a smooth ride, but I wanted the memory seats, ventilated seats, and hybrid powertrain because I don'tlike the turbo lag (similar to my 2018 F150 3.5EB before it). Just picked it up today from the dealer. The power is noticeably smoother, all the lag is filled in after shifts, and it has a more aggressive exhaust note. I'm hoping for a better towing experience with the more even torque curve and extra torque, but we'll see in the spring. Very happy so far. Just need to figure out what tonneau cover to get.

Of course, as soon as I got home, I saw a commercial for GM's new Supercruise with hands free towing feature. Toyota's steering assist shuts off when the trailer is plugged in and makes you touch the wheel every 20 seconds during normal driving.

Please excuse the garbage cans. It's garbage day and I was half way through bringing them back in.

Attachments