• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

'18+ 242 se / Xe 212x With wet sounds amp / Fusion HU getting the best sound with near stock setup.

SunnyD

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great thread @jacoviii! and @Maxdog21 . I've done step 1 on my 2020 SE, adding an Audio Control Epicenter. What a difference! 😁
Next step will be to secure the sub. How did the noodle do? I'm a bit worried about putting any brace against the outer hull.

I was thinking the best option would be to cut a subwoofer size hole in some plywood and see if I can get it behind there.

Now that there's enough base to bring out all the rattling. Anyone have tips or laundry list of rattling fixes they've done?

SunnyD

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Update. I added the noodle behind the sub and the line driver. Epicenter. Each helped somewhat.

I'd really like to find a way to brace the sub. Right now I'm considering either adding a bunch more noodles to a wider area around the back of the sub bracing the interior wall with plywood. Basically try mounting the sub to the plywood.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Update. I added the noodle behind the sub and the line driver. Epicenter. Each helped somewhat.

I'd really like to find a way to brace the sub. Right now I'm considering either adding a bunch more noodles to a wider area around the back of the sub bracing the interior wall with plywood. Basically try mounting the sub to the plywood.
Get 3/4" PVC board and make a ring to mount to the backside of the sub.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Picked up a '22 212xe last fall and put it right into storage and didn't grab the manuals. I am doing some preseason research on how to get the most out of my factory system and came across this thread. I will look into the line driver to wake the sub up but have a question involving the transom control unit. You guys have spoke of the fusion unit, but it appears Yamaha has switched to a different unit. I have been unable to find any info on the unit. Wondering if anyone has some insight into if the unit has an app like the fusion units did. Thanks!

Attachments

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The newer boats have moved away from the Fusion( big mistake) to a half a$$ radio made by the manufacture of the Conext screen in the E sires boats. Our new boat is waiting till the weather clears up. so it can come home. After that I will be digging into the audio on it. But the is is the best info out as of now.VVVV

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I did away witg the connex completly
Nice does the raymarine have NMEA 2000 / is it able to control the Fusion? I like the Fusion app on the phone it makes adjustments so ease on the fly

Last edited:

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Compatible AccessoriesRadar
Sounder
Weather & Radio
Autopilot
AIS
VHF
Camera
Thermal Camera
Connection InterfaceMicro SD
Ethernet
NMEA 2000
NMEA 0183
SeaTalkNG
WiFi
Video
Networks Multiple Displays

SunnyD

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Picked up a '22 212xe last fall and put it right into storage and didn't grab the manuals. I am doing some preseason research on how to get the most out of my factory system and came across this thread. I will look into the line driver to wake the sub up but have a question involving the transom control unit. You guys have spoke of the fusion unit, but it appears Yamaha has switched to a different unit. I have been unable to find any info on the unit. Wondering if anyone has some insight into if the unit has an app like the fusion units did. Thanks!
Hmmm, that new remote makes me sad. Why would they do that?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Cost saving. The manufacture of the conext screen already had a radio built in & remotes available. Also the conext software never really controlled the Fusion Head units well. There were a lot of bugs.

bobholthaus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The 2018 doesn't have an amp or a sub... It does have the tower tweeters and lights. I also have JBL's on my tower. As described in another thread, the brochure stated the E series came with tower speakers and we told the dealer we wanted them or we weren't buying.

I'm in the process of planning some upgrades and everything runs off the Fusion unit. I just had to replace it since the volume knob broke off my old one. I took a couple pictures of the harness if that helps. I don't know how the tweeters are connected.
View attachment 148881

View attachment 148882
Are these harnesses I can buy, and do they make my 2020 242SE wiring plug and play for either a line booster or a new amp? Where do I buy those if so? Thanks.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are these harnesses I can buy, and do they make my 2020 242SE wiring plug and play for either a line booster or a new amp? Where do I buy those if so? Thanks.
I'm honestly not sure if you can buy the harness separately or not. I assume you could.... I had to buy a complete new unit because my volume knob was broke off. New harness came with hit.