• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 AR 230 should we buy?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One other thing, dont know if its bait and switch...the picture of the engines you took does not match the add on e-bay. Different air cleaner covers, scupper hose different color.

Last edited:

Austin Ramsey

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One other thing, dont know if its bait and switch...the picture of the engines you took does not match the add on e-bay. Different air cleaner covers, scupper hose different color.
I never noticed that, but I think we are going to walk from this boat. To many unknowns. Great news is I have found another one already lol bad news is I have to wait an entire week to get to it again! Ooh well

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now thats what i was talking about, a much nicer boat with a lot of upgrades/mods done already. Hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would not wait a week to go see that boat. She is a unicorn. There are very few boats of that age or price range that are as nice.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for all of the help and input, greatly appreciated since I'm a first time boater! I have found another boat to go look at next Friday, let me know what you all think! https://greenville.craigslist.org/boa/6097606300.html
That cost of that mod list easily beats the $4500 price difference between the two boats! This looks like a great option for you. Well cared for, clean boat - the only change I would make is SeaDek instead of the Hydromat flooring.

One other thing to look at with this vintage year of boat is how the flooring feels around the table receiver in the cockpit area. A number of us have had water leak in to the flooring and rot out the wood making the floor soft. The floor should not give much when stepped on. Here is a picture of my floor early on in the repair process. I'm not brave enough to try this repair on my own like @CrankyGypsy did and so it is currently at the glass shop being repaired - I won't know until next week what the cost will be.

Here is the thread of @CrankyGypsy fixing it on his own: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2004-2006-230-floor-rot-repair.11861/

20170405_102736.jpg

Austin Ramsey

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would not wait a week to go see that boat. She is a unicorn. There are very few boats of that age or price range that are as nice.
Already made the offer! It would just be Friday until I could pick it up because of work. Offered 20k without the fish finder and she is talking to her husband and letting me know

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like that upholstery!

Are the air filter covers missing screws? I noticed it on the red one as well.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like that upholstery!

Are the air filter covers missing screws? I noticed it on the red one as well.
Those are the cover screws and I have one or two missing as well. Poorly designed, they strip out and once that happens there is no reason to keep the screw...the clips hold the cover on just fine!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
BTW, checked the floor on my 2006 tonight and all is good! Good luck with the purchase!
IMG_1858.JPG

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Seadeals how did you take that picture? In the 230s I don't think there is any way to see that.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When they added the 210 models to the early 230 lineup, they designed the floor to be removable. It is a good feature as you can easily access the fuel tank (or replace it). It also helps changing steering and reverse gate cables or adding new sounder/gps to run the new transducer cable.
IMG_0869.JPG

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I suspect that AR230 owner has been apart of our forum judging by the mods already done.
Note that the ad title says AR240 but everything else says 230. Not a biggie, just odd.
It is certainly worth far more than the other boat you were looking at.

Austin Ramsey

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So looks like I'm going to pick the boat up Thursday or Friday! Once again I'm novice when it comes to boating and this is my wife and Is first boat but I have been watching a lot of YouTube about wake surfing. Can that be done on this boat and if so what all would I need to do to make that happen?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You bet - all you need is ballast, a surfboard and a short rope!

20151017_141755.jpg

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure I could have made that picture any bigger...sorry about that!