• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Shorlandr Leaf Springs

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need help finding alternative to Shorelandr leaf springs 4610048 . They are 25 1/4" and have single eye one side and open eye on the other. I need 4 and the ones I can find are around $150 a piece. I just can't seem to find something similar on etrailer. Anyone replace the leaf springs on the trailer for 2015 242?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
About 2 years ago I had my 2012 21footer Shorelander trailer serviced by David’s Trailers here in Orlando. I had the leaf springs replaced, as well as all the U-Bolts.

They appeared to have a rather large inventory of parts - maybe give them a ring?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I just bought 4 of them from bents rv. They were significantly cheaper than anywhere else and i got them the same week.

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just bought 4 of them from bents rv. They were significantly cheaper than anywhere else and i got them the same week.
Damn still $110 a pop. Seems steep per leaf when you need 4. Plus the middle mount thing (not sure what it's called 🤣)

Edit* see you called them equalizer bars

Last edited:

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Floridaman79 I'm also in the Florida salt water. What material did you go with for the hardware. Galvanized hardware to go with the galvanized trailer?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Floridaman79 I'm also in the Florida salt water. What material did you go with for the hardware. Galvanized hardware to go with the galvanized trailer?
I am doing a whole trailer makeover as we speak. The problem is we wont know if it works for another couple years!
I will do a write up on it on what I did and what I liked and didnt like about it.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My disc brakes only lasted 2 years, calipers, pads and actuator all rusted to shit. Despite relentless rinsing with salt away at the ramp, and hose ay home.Rebuilt them last year with all stainless. I couldnt find a stainless actuator though. I soaked the heck out of it with lps3. Do yourself a favor and soak those springs in corrosionx hd. I put it on with a paint brush.

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am doing a whole trailer makeover as we speak. The problem is we wont know if it works for another couple years!
I will do a write up on it on what I did and what I liked and didnt like about it.
I was on my phone before but now I see you're local. Hi neighbor! For the equalizer, did you happen to get this kit? Shorelander 6238600 C-Hook Style Tandem Suspension Kit

Nothing about it says stainless or galvanized or anything of the sort? It would be nice to get a kit like this plus the ubolts and leaf springs and just call it a day.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I was on my phone before but now I see you're local. Hi neighbor! For the equalizer, did you happen to get this kit? Shorelander 6238600 C-Hook Style Tandem Suspension Kit

Nothing about it says stainless or galvanized or anything of the sort? It would be nice to get a kit like this plus the ubolts and leaf springs and just call it a day.
Thats the kit but I got it from Eastern Marine and recall it was a bit cheaper. Part number 6238600

It is just zinc plated steel. I coated everything with inorganic zinc prior to assembly, hopefully it will hold out longer.

Last edited:

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My disc brakes only lasted 2 years, calipers, pads and actuator all rusted to shit. Despite relentless rinsing with salt away at the ramp, and hose ay home.Rebuilt them last year with all stainless. I couldnt find a stainless actuator though. I soaked the heck out of it with lps3. Do yourself a favor and soak those springs in corrosionx hd. I put it on with a paint brush.
My calipers and brake lights only lasted a few months!

Edit - Ok I lied, I just pulled up the history on the calipers and I replaced them at 15 months

Last edited:

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The brakes on my trailer didn't even last 12 months before seizing completely and I do the same thing, salt away, water rinse and even scrub the trailer after each use. Saltwater is a nasty Mother......

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I went through the same thing during the Summer. I needed the same spring. Unfortunately you have to use the shorelandr springs. I tried ordering some springs, Dayton US-2016, they fit, but they were questionable so I returned them and waited for the original springs. I ended up ordering them from a small local shop who was very knowledgeable about Shorelandr parts and informed me that the price of parts has increased a lot since 2020 (something crazy like 2-3x the price). My springs get dipped in salt water a lot so I sprayed WD40 on the springs, to get the grease between the springs, and then coated them with marine wheel bearing grease.

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went through the same thing during the Summer. I needed the same spring. Unfortunately you have to use the shorelandr springs. I tried ordering some springs, Dayton US-2016, they fit, but they were questionable so I returned them and waited for the original springs. I ended up ordering them from a small local shop who was very knowledgeable about Shorelandr parts and informed me that the price of parts has increased a lot since 2020 (something crazy like 2-3x the price). My springs get dipped in salt water a lot so I sprayed WD40 on the springs, to get the grease between the springs, and then coated them with marine wheel bearing grease.
I ended up buying the Shorelandr's as well. Easy install but man we had a blast removing the old stuff....