• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 FSH190 Sport Bilge Question

GPWBOATER#22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New owner here. I have been running the boat and have the bilge switch on. Even though the boat has an automatic bilge pump I have never heard it kick on nor seen water exit from the outlet. What am I doing wrong or is the pump or float bad? Thanks for your help…

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
If the switch is on it will cycle every minute or 2 to sense if water is present. It's a very quiet pump and you will only hear a slight buzz for a few seconds. You can pop it loose from the base and turn on the switch you should see the little pump blades turn on for a few seconds if it's working.

You can always put some water in the bilge and test that way too. Takes a good bit of water for it to pump overboard.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My understanding is that if the rocker switch is turned on the pump will run continuously. With the battery switch on the pump will cycle as @dlkhmk mentions.

The later year boats like mine have the auto side of the pump always on whether or not the battery switch is on, and it does not cycle it has an internal float.

You should put the plug in on dry land and put a hose in the engine bay and turn it on, fill it until the water gets over the bilge pump then stop adding water, more than likely the pump will turn on before you get the water over the pump. This is to test the auto function. Refer to your owners manual on how the bilge pump works.

GPWBOATER#22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If the switch is on it will cycle every minute or 2 to sense if water is present. It's a very quiet pump and you will only hear a slight buzz for a few seconds. You can pop it loose from the base and turn on the switch you should see the little pump blades turn on for a few seconds if it's working.

You can always put some water in the bilge and test that way too. Takes a good bit of water for it to pump overboard.
Can I pull the pump loose from the engine compartment and not worry about water coming up? The boat is in the water at my marina..thx

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes you can remove the bilge pump. As long as you put it back in working order.
Removing it from the engine compartment will not allow water from outside the hull to enter the bilge. The bilge pump only removes water that is in the bilge.