• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Limited SE Prop

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am looking to upgrade my stock props to new Solas props.
what pitch would give best performance on stock motors ?
Thinking of 14/21 or 13/20 YV-CD

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am looking to upgrade my stock props to new Solas props.
what pitch would give best performance on stock motors ?
Thinking of 14/21 or 13/20 YV-CD
Are you having any issues with yours? I’d give Glen a call at Impros in CA, he knows his stuff and should be able to help you figure out the best impeller for your needs.

Also maybe consider Skat Trak impellers over the Solas. Skat Trak are American made impellers that honor their warranty if there is a problem.

Just ordered high altitude impellers today from Glen at Impros and I went with Skat Trak impellers. Once the impellers come in he will re pitch them for my altitude and he also pitches the port and starboard impellers to match their side.

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
thanks for the help.
I had a rock sucked up and it jammed up. I was able to get it out after a brief fight.
The boat is running fine but figured I would upgrade for better performance.
I can feel the fin on the one is tweaked though.
Impros is actually the website I was going to order from.
I was filling out the questionnaire when I thought I’d check the forum to see if anyone had installed either one.

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are you having any issues with yours? I’d give Glen a call at Impros in CA, he knows his stuff and should be able to help you figure out the best impeller for your needs.

Also maybe consider Skat Trak impellers over the Solas. Skat Trak are American made impellers that honor their warranty if there is a problem.

Just ordered high altitude impellers today from Glen at Impros and I went with Skat Trak impellers. Once the impellers come in he will re pitch them for my altitude and he also pitches the port and starboard impellers to match their side.
By the way, are you also replacing the housing?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
thanks for the help.
I had a rock sucked up and it jammed up. I was able to get it out after a brief fight.
The boat is running fine but figured I would upgrade for better performance.
I can feel the fin on the one is tweaked though.
Impros is actually the website I was going to order from.
I was filling out the questionnaire when I thought I’d check the forum to see if anyone had installed either one.
Dammit! That’s no good, but it happens if you are using your boat. I had sucked up some rocks recently but as far as I can tell there is no damage other than some scratches.

Impros will repair your impellers and will re pitch them. Yes, I‘m getting a set of new sleeves to go with the new impellers. There is a national back order on impellers and sleeves from Yamaha right now. I figured it would be nice to have a spare set of impellers and sleeves. Once I get the stockers out I will be able to see them better and see if they need to go to Glen for repairs.

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dammit! That’s no good, but it happens if you are using your boat. I had sucked up some rocks recently but as far as I can tell there is no damage other than some scratches.

Impros will repair your impellers and will re pitch them. Yes, I‘m getting a set of new sleeves to go with the new impellers. There is a national back order on impellers and sleeves from Yamaha right now. I figured it would be nice to have a spare set of impellers and sleeves. Once I get the stockers out I will be able to see them better and see if they need to go to Glen for repairs.
Great idea to have a spare set.
I took your advice and gave him a call. Unfortunately it was past 5 pm so left msg and will wait for a call from him hopefully tomorrow. I’m ready to place an order after I talk with him.
Thanks again and good luck... have a great and safe boating season!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great idea to have a spare set.
I took your advice and gave him a call. Unfortunately it was past 5 pm so left msg and will wait for a call from him hopefully tomorrow. I’m ready to place an order after I talk with him.
Thanks again and good luck... have a great and safe boating season!
You are most welcome! Same to you!

Please let us know how it turns out!