• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Big changes to the pumps! Looks like in most models the whole pump is basically one piece (plus the wear ring liner and steering nozzle)
This is still not what I would think is ideal, as I agree with @SamCF
I don't see anything on the steering nozzle/bucket that would help steering at all. Even if it is flared out, equal discharge on each side will cancel any benefit.

Hard to believe the engineers refuse to put existing Yamaha steering parts on the boats.

RiDE would be very easily adapted to the boats. Can you imagine a second throttle on the steering wheel for reverse control? Makes no sense to ignore this issue. I've never been in a twin engine yamaha, but the singles are useless in reverse. My 98' Sea Doo Challenger was better. Come on Yamaha!
I was betting they will just modify the buckets, as we have drawn in many other posts here...

BUT - nevertheless - the pump redesign that I see here is a HUGE step forward in the right direction!!!!

--

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even if it is flared out, equal discharge on each side will cancel any benefit.
I don't know why they chose this design, but...
The way the nozzles are split, it would still work - as far as the nozzles are turned, the force vector will be pushing the stern sideways as the post #38 explains (different design with bucket mods, not exit nozzle, but the same principle):
https://jetboaters.net/threads/video-test-results-cobra-jet-vs-jet-boat-pilot.16559/page-2#post-288717
(albeit not as efficient as LTs in pushing stern sideways, this is still light years ahead of TDE alone)

--

Last edited:

chadweiser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When the nozzles are straight you would have equal amount of side force making you back up straight. But when you want to turn you now have half the nozzle pushing you back and the other half pushing you sideways. I hope the angle of exit is more towards the front of the boat and not so much down. This would give us a better reverse thrust.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not to mention stir up less crap on the bottom that gets sucked up.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hopefully, this is the correct picture for twins, as posted by @FLBulldogger

I assumed the internal Yamaha pamphlet posted by Cycle Spring earlier in the thread was wrong, with old style nozzles shown in twin, only the single had the new - lateral thruster style.

Finally!!!!! (fingers crossed)

Did they listen, lol? (https://jetboaters.net/threads/video-test-results-cobra-jet-vs-jet-boat-pilot.16559/page-2#post-288717)

--
It does still look like a fair bit of downward vectoring from that photo. Interested for it to get into the field and get real user reports.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It does still look like a fair bit of downward vectoring from that photo. Interested for it to get into the field and get real user reports.
I agree, I think the reverse angle is maybe slightly more aggressive but not by much. This is basically their TDE concept applied to generate some extra lateral thrust.

It's actually quite brilliant.
Albeit I would still modify the buckets, but there are things we don't know.

--

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No surf tabs??

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The image from the Yamaha info showed a twin engine as well as the single engine nozzle. The single engine nozzle appears a little different than the twin engine nozzle. Could just be the camera angle but the single nozzle looks far more pronounced to the sides. Maybe making up for more vectoring efficiency with one less engine than the twins can do?

Single engine looks flared out more...

IMG_9931.PNG

Twin engine looks less flared out from near the same perspective (perhaps because you have two engines you don't need as much influence). Or did Yamaha have an old style nozzle on but apply the new coating to it by accident lol? Hard to tell with the bucket blocking the nozzle opening. Kind of doesn't seem to have that weird, almost rotary engine profile of the single engine or other twin engine picture that @FLBulldogger posted. I swear that pic he posted looks like it's the new nozzle but doesn't have the new coating lol. So confused :D

IMG_9932.PNG

This is the image cycle springs showed from the underside. It's of the new nozzle on a twin. Notice the tie rod only found in twin engines...

IMG_9929.PNG

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The image from the Yamaha info showed a twin engine as well as the single engine nozzle. The single engine nozzle appears a little different than the twin engine nozzle. Could just be the camera angle but the single nozzle looks far more pronounced to the sides. Maybe making up for more vectoring efficiency with one less engine than the twins can do?

Single engine looks flared out more...

View attachment 81278

Twin engine looks less flared out from near the same perspective (perhaps because you have two engines you don't need as much influence). Or did Yamaha have an old style nozzle on but apply the new coating to it by accident lol? Hard to tell with the bucket blocking the nozzle opening. Kind of doesn't seem to have that weird, almost rotary engine profile of the single engine or other twin engine picture that @FLBulldogger posted. I swear that pic he posted looks like it's the new nozzle but doesn't have the new coating lol. So confused :D

View attachment 81279

This is the image cycle springs showed from the underside. It's of the new nozzle on a twin. Notice the tie rod only found in twin engines...

View attachment 81277
No.
this is new style twin (with lateral thruster):
upload_2018-8-12_17-17-2.png

This is old style reverse gate (twin?):
upload_2018-8-12_17-18-2.png

Both with the steering bar, for articulating keel (AK).

No?

EDIT: Your last pic/clip IS new twin w/lateral thruster reverse gate.
This one:
upload_2018-8-12_17-20-55.png
--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Geez man what's with the dislike lol?

Anyways I agree it looked like the old style...but it had the NEW dull/matte gray coating as seen in the single engine picture. The coating in @FLBulldogger pic doesn't look like the new coating even though it's the NEW nozzle on a twin. Maybe just the lighting Or it's overexposure but it looks significantly brighter than the single engine media pics and the "old" nozzle looks darker and more matte finish than the 2018 and older fisnish.

For reference what I'm talking about here's the 2o18 and older "current" style finish. More of a metal appearance than any coating.

image.jpeg

And here's the new coating finish. Yes I know see its in the older/current nozzle but it has the new finish and a nice little note about their new coating right next to it lol. Ride plate, intake grate and all has the same new coating finish and certainly not what my 2016 looks like (mine looks like the image above with dissimilar finishes). The image below is much darker, matte gray finish that certainly looks like a coating. See now one of the two does not match lol and is why I said it's confusing the way they put it in the marketing pamphlet? Maybe not. IDK....IMO it makes no sense to show old nozzle design but with new coating. Call it typical Yamaha goof up. In short I agree that's the new bucket I see the tie rod now. Relax lol

image.png

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Where is the Yacht with twin SVHO’s?

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow...Triple!!! That had not even crossed my mind.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow...Triple!!! That had not even crossed my mind.
I hear you can get an optional 4th SVHO mounted on a trolling motor if you opt for the FSH model. Or maybe that was the SVHO bow thruster option? :D

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
T-minus 3 days until the reveal... Then I can pick my color, setup and call Winnebagoland for a sea trial on the AR210 (and order at the boat show) . This is gonna be a long, long ass winter. I'm hoping for a full hull color like the 212x in suede grey.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length