• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 walkthrough door ideas

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
By the time you’re done you are gonna make her into a cabin cruiser!

Funny thing I was debating on getting one before I decided on the Yami.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can order plastic cutting board type material in different dimensions and colors. I was thinking of ordering a piece 3’ x 4’ to create a wind breaker for my boat.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking about doing that actually.

Have you ordered before?

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No not yet. I bought a bunch of stuff for the boat last year, and I haven’t gotten the okay to buy any more stuff for the boat yet.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cutting board material with some sort of hinge cut like the plywood example in the thread will be awesome, may have to build one myself , great ideas everyone.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cutting board material is usually HDPE (high density polypropylene). It is VERY heavy. If you get it for a divider I would probably get a thin slab albeit it will deform easily.

For a divider, even bulkhead, starboard material may be a better choice, it is very light and very easy to cut and chamfer, yet very stiff.
I bought a bunch at Home Depot of all places when I was playing with various surfing attachments, was surprised HD carried it, but they did. It was cheap, too.

--

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a friend that will cut me some foam infused with fiberglass resin, just spoke to him after reading this thread.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cutting board material is usually HDPE (high density polypropylene). It is VERY heavy. If you get it for a divider I would probably get a thin slab albeit it will deform easily.

For a divider, even bulkhead, starboard material may be a better choice, it is very light and very easy to cut and chamfer, yet very stiff.
I bought a bunch at Home Depot of all places when I was playing with various surfing attachments, was surprised HD carried it, but they did. It was cheap, too.

--
I’ll have to look that up at the depot. I was looking at getting a 1/2” thick piece of the hdpe material for the divider. I didn’t know it deformed so easily. Isn’t that what the door to the storage area under the dash on the passenger side is made out of? I was also looking a plexiglass. For something easy to cut and throw in there. At this point though I don’t know if I need anything at all. We weren’t able to get a ride in this past fall, and I can only hope we get a couple of rises in before Memorial Day.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We went out today, just through that piece of plywood in as is and went full throttle.

Made a HUGE difference for the kids on the left side. It wasn’t very cold today but the wind was almost gone sitting in the cockpit area.

Since it’s likely to be used a handful of time, I will prob just cut it down the middle and hinge it and call it a $3 wind blocker.

I did see that Home Depot locally showed to have Starboard in stock.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

--
I was unable to find starboard at my local Home Depot. Is starboard the same as frp or wall protection?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
--
HDPE (high density polyethylene) bought mine on Amazon. A little spelling error perhaps or auto correct. A short explanation of the difference. https://www.globalplasticsheeting.com/our-blog-resource-library/polypropylene-is-it-different-from-hdpe

https://www.amazon.com/Polyethylene-Off-White-Standard-Tolerance-D4976-245/dp/B00CPRDN3W

Last edited:

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There wasn’t any starboard within 50 miles on me.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There wasn’t any starboard within 50 miles on me.
IIRC picked mine in Crestwood, MO location off of Watson Rd. Did you try to order for store pickup? Hope they didn't just stop carrying it... HD prices are way lower than West Marine prices for these boards.

--