• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
SUPER HAPPY! installed my 8” kicker towers with the 400watt kicker marine amp. Trial run yesterday afternoon . Could hear them while wakeboarding @ 22mph behind the boat! The LEDs are nice just wished you could sync them to the music. Don’t have my woofer yet like @Hoyt , but that’s coming next. I installed amp on the board Far back of the passenger rear storage, shorter run to the fusion and the battery. I can also take the board out easily to add my upcoming 2nd amp. Just worried about when I add the perco and second battery 😬

@Hoyt thanks again for your thread here super helpful with my project! Here are some pics

View attachment 130506View attachment 130507View attachment 130508View attachment 130509View attachment 130511View attachment 130512View attachment 130513View attachment 130514
A20DC8B7-AA14-4D24-B31B-2957A95E5C60.jpeg

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
SUPER HAPPY! installed my 8” kicker towers with the 400watt kicker marine amp. Trial run yesterday afternoon . Could hear them while wakeboarding @ 22mph behind the boat! The LEDs are nice just wished you could sync them to the music. Don’t have my woofer yet like @Hoyt , but that’s coming next. I installed amp on the board Far back of the passenger rear storage, shorter run to the fusion and the battery. I can also take the board out easily to add my upcoming 2nd amp. Just worried about when I add the perco and second battery 😬

@Hoyt thanks again for your thread here super helpful with my project! Here are some pics

View attachment 130506View attachment 130507View attachment 130508View attachment 130509View attachment 130511View attachment 130512View attachment 130513View attachment 130514
When I stepped into my boat for the first time yesterday it was hard to imagine not hitting my head on a tower speaker. Those do appear somewhat offset to the side. Do you see yourself hitting your head at all on those? Or is it more of a risk vs. reward type of thing. Glad I have them. Only hit my head a few times type of deal

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I stepped into my boat for the first time yesterday it was hard to imagine not hitting my head on a tower speaker. Those do appear somewhat offset to the side. Do you see yourself hitting your head at all on those? Or is it more of a risk vs. reward type of thing. Glad I have them. Only hit my head a few times type of deal
Exactly why I placed them where I did. Lots of sitting and standing while my install buddy held the speakers. Had to get them where I could still put down the tower and where they are is out of the way of my standing up and also walking around in the boat. If I add more, I will put them Just outside these. Swivel mount is a necessity

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Unless your under 5’ 6”, seems tower speakers are always possible head knocker. I like your risk vs reward assessment, if you are able to generate very loud, clean sound, it is probably worth the risk for most.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Unless your under 5’ 6”, seems tower speakers are always possible head knocker. I like your risk vs reward assessment, if you are able to generate very loud, clean sound, it is probably worth the risk for most.
That’s a wrap. Worth the risk for me. Thanks folks.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On the boat all day - not a single noggin knock 👍😎. Even after jumping out of the drivers seat quickly. Although Won’t be adding any more speakers inside where these are 4-6 more inches would mean a few gooseggs on the noggin. . Room for one on the outside Tho 🤑

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you install them directly over the captain chairs you shouldn't hit your head at all. I'm 5'8" my son is 6'2" neither of us hit our head.

Dunno maybe yall out here jumping wakes and getting airborne in your seat?

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have the identical boat and going with a similar stereo setup:

6 channel SYN-DX - cabin
-REVO 6's bow
-REVO 8's cabin
-single REVO 10 FA (cut into glass behind cap chair)

4 channel SYN-DX - towers
- JL M6 8.8

I purchased a new Fusion wiring harness and I have a couple questions. How did you wire from the Fusion head unit to the amps? I see the Zone 1, Zone 2 and the Zone 1 sub, Zone 2 sub (and Aux). I'm guessing but we lose fade control if it's setup as "tower" and "cabin"? Any help would be appreciated so I know what to expect and where to plug the RCA's - Thanks!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the identical boat and going with a similar stereo setup:

6 channel SYN-DX - cabin
-REVO 6's bow
-REVO 8's cabin
-single REVO 10 FA (cut into glass behind cap chair)

4 channel SYN-DX - towers
- JL M6 8.8

I purchased a new Fusion wiring harness and I have a couple questions. How did you wire from the Fusion head unit to the amps? I see the Zone 1, Zone 2 and the Zone 1 sub, Zone 2 sub (and Aux). I'm guessing but we lose fade control if it's setup as "tower" and "cabin"? Any help would be appreciated so I know what to expect and where to plug the RCA's - Thanks!

That's gonna sound super good. Questioning why your going JL on towers instead of revs, but either way it'll sound great.

So I have cabin (bow, cabin, and sub) on Zone 1(renamed in fusion to cabin). So RCAs from fusion zone 1 to my syndx6 running cabin. Sub RCAs went to same amp. Then zone 2 from fusion went to second syndx6 for towers only. You do lose fade features this way though. However, in our case we often only have cabin on. Towers are rarely on. So it works perfectly.

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Great, thanks for the input! I'm using JL on the towers for sound quality - not projection. Wet Sounds was never a second thought for amps. Their speakers...well you have to find out what is preference. REVO's inside the cabin are great. For towers, I'm not wanting projection for loudness. Instead I want sound quality and JL towers seem to fit nicely. I will likely anchor and use the towers for swimming - who knows.

I like your set-up and you have a lot of time into it. I will probably mount the amps either port side helm or starboard-aft - vertically. I have a triple battery set-up on the aft port side and I like the room for other stuff.

I'm surprised you didn't change the stock WS speakers - I like them too but cabin 1st. It needs a lot of mid-bass and punch.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great, thanks for the input! I'm using JL on the towers for sound quality - not projection. Wet Sounds was never a second thought for amps. Their speakers...well you have to find out what is preference. REVO's inside the cabin are great. For towers, I'm not wanting projection for loudness. Instead I want sound quality and JL towers seem to fit nicely. I will likely anchor and use the towers for swimming - who knows.

I like your set-up and you have a lot of time into it. I will probably mount the amps either port side helm or starboard-aft - vertically. I have a triple battery set-up on the aft port side and I like the room for other stuff.

I'm surprised you didn't change the stock WS speakers - I like them too but cabin 1st. It needs a lot of mid-bass and punch.

It's gonna sound great for sure.

Only reason they are still stock recon cabin speakers is because I didn't want to cut my brand new boat. I'm sure they will get changed out in the upcoming years though for sure.

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It's gonna sound great for sure.

Only reason they are still stock recon cabin speakers is because I didn't want to cut my brand new boat. I'm sure they will get changed out in the upcoming years though for sure.
Understand that! The hole cut-out dimensions for the 5"Recons are 4.92" and the 6"Revo's are 5.0". Most likely Yamaha cut 5.0" or more so the Revo's should pop right in there.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Understand that! The hole cut-out dimensions for the 5"Recons are 4.92" and the 6"Revo's are 5.0". Most likely Yamaha cut 5.0" or more so the Revo's should pop right in there.
Ooooooooo I didn't know that. I may have to check that out. Didn't know the rev6 could fit

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i just read the JL m6 6.5 is only 5" also.
I can confirm m6 6.5 fit without modification in factory 195 speaker holes. Just require new screw holes.

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Man, I don't want to mess up this post with my set-up but I just finished my order with WetSounds with RGB lighting. It's one thing to tap off the power supply for the amps and another for a common ground - I have the common ground and it's overkill 600amp capacity. Looking at the RGB, I want to have that with the courtesy lights so I have ability to turn on/off the effect.

I'm thinking I need another buss bar to tie into the Positive side to branch. That means running a positive buss bar to feed the amps and tie off that to a separate auxiliary to run the RGB lighting to the speakers. Blue Seas has a 6 maxibus bar w/cover 2127 & 2128 rated at 250 amps. I might go with that. This requires a lot of wiring and planning but oh well...

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man, I don't want to mess up this post with my set-up but I just finished my order with WetSounds with RGB lighting. It's one thing to tap off the power supply for the amps and another for a common ground - I have the common ground and it's overkill 600amp capacity. Looking at the RGB, I want to have that with the courtesy lights so I have ability to turn on/off the effect.

I'm thinking I need another buss bar to tie into the Positive side to branch. That means running a positive buss bar to feed the amps and tie off that to a separate auxiliary to run the RGB lighting to the speakers. Blue Seas has a 6 maxibus bar w/cover 2127 & 2128 rated at 250 amps. I might go with that. This requires a lot of wiring and planning but oh well...
RGB controllers take very little power so i tapped right into the courtesy lights. No bus bars or extra wiring

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not much to update, but I did a small very needed modification.......

Spare tire holder:
20200729_155257.jpg

Mounted and covered:
20200729_161318.jpg

Super easy install, and very much needed. I feel safer now that it's there for sure. I used the stock wheel and tire that came with the trailer.

Non Boat related...... The boats best bud is looking good....
10(1).png

Rough Country step rails, flush mountTonneau cover, rubber bed floor mat installed. Then the new wheels..... Fuel Assault in 20x10 -19 wrapped in Atturo Trail Blade Xt 33x12.5 tires.
4(1).png

Not super super aggressive, but a perfect amount of poke. Sits about 1.5-2" out of fender. Loving the look...
5(1).png

He goes in for exhaust Friday. Definitely needs that. Way to quiet.

That's all I got for yall. Hasn't been a good year at all for us. With work, family deaths (yes many 😢), working like crazy, selling in laws house, etc etc, then add the Damn virus...... We ready for 2020 to kick rocks. Good news though...... 18.5 hours on the boat.... Yep that's it

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Not much to update, but I did a small very needed modification.......

Spare tire holder:
View attachment 132160

Mounted and covered:
View attachment 132161

Super easy install, and very much needed. I feel safer now that it's there for sure. I used the stock wheel and tire that came with the trailer.

Non Boat related...... The boats best bud is looking good....
View attachment 132162

Rough Country step rails, flush mountTonneau cover, rubber bed floor mat installed. Then the new wheels..... Fuel Assault in 20x10 -19 wrapped in Atturo Trail Blade Xt 33x12.5 tires.
View attachment 132163

Not super super aggressive, but a perfect amount of poke. Sits about 1.5-2" out of fender. Loving the look...
View attachment 132164

He goes in for exhaust Friday. Definitely needs that. Way to quiet.

That's all I got for yall. Hasn't been a good year at all for us. With work, family deaths (yes many 😢), working like crazy, selling in laws house, etc etc, then add the Damn virus...... We ready for 2020 to kick rocks. Good news though...... 18.5 hours on the boat.... Yep that's it
I just put on that exact tire holder it is solid if anyone looking to get one. my yamaha tire cover is not as snug as id like but it stays put. nice truck