• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Had a great day on the water yesterday. Spent most the time at the cove, but did get to go out on boards. Gotta love the swivel feature on the rev10s
View attachment 121784

Surfboard finally came out. Got my brother in law up no problem. Didn't go so well for me. I need to teach someone to drive the boat. They either drowned me, or didn't give it enough power. All good though.

View attachment 121785

Did figure out the wave sucks for the most part. Stock that is. We had people on board, but not much weight. Ballast is definitely needed to full surf, but we are still learning so it'll come eventually.

Did suck my Damn surf rope up yesterday. Full suck. Got it cut out though. Little through the port cutting, and a little diving. No worries. Need a new rope though. Still gotta work out the kinks with the crew, and me.

View attachment 121786

All in all..... Good day on the water. Hope you all had a great weekend as well
Glad you had a good outing! Getting hot, so more to come I’m sure. Definitely takes a routine or at least a good wing person who can keep track of the rope at all times when boarding.

We sucked up the rope in our SeaDoo, but never the Glastron. We should be good on the AR as I think I’ve driven home the point on rope management to the entire family. LOL

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Glad you had a good outing! Getting hot, so more to come I’m sure. Definitely takes a routine or at least a good wing person who can keep track of the rope at all times when boarding.

We sucked up the rope in our SeaDoo, but never the Glastron. We should be good on the AR as I think I’ve driven home the point on rope management to the entire family. LOL
It sucked, but I guess we all have to do it eventually. Worst part was diving under boat with a knife right on the side of a busy channel. Pretty sure we still have a headache lol

Foxtrek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Got her out yesterday. Started out looking ugly cloudy, and 69°.......

View attachment 121125

Turned out gorgeous though at the party cove. High of 76° 9+UV index. Water temp 75°. Still too cold to try surfing, but good for cove chilling.....

View attachment 121126

Ran in to the reason I went to the dealer I went to. This guy bought his 2019 212X and highly recommended the dealer. Now I highly recommend the dealer 😍....

View attachment 121127

Front end looking good...

View attachment 121128

All in all a good day. Make up for not being able to go out holiday weekend due to a death in family. Looking forward to next weekend already
Nice set up. Where did you get the trailer glides and the Wakemakers sleeves for them?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice set up. Where did you get the trailer glides and the Wakemakers sleeves for them?
Thank you. The guides came from Overton they are the Fulton curved 50". The pads came from Wakemakers website. They are 48"

Foxtrek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you. The guides came from Overton they are the Fulton curved 50". The pads came from Wakemakers website. They are 48"
Perfect, thank you!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry for the lack of updates. Had a very shitty three weeks. However, get to hit the water tomorrow. So that's good. Now on to what I have done......

Trailer got new wheels. Brother in law got them for me for my birthday. Surprised me with them already installed. Same style wheel, but polished. Good tires though instead of the Carlisle junk....
20200614_190608.jpg

Looking good....
20200614_190425.jpg

Bought a new tow vehicle. Traded in our 2011 Traverse for this 2019 Chevy Trail Boss. It was a dealer demo vehicle so we got a good price....
20200609_212515.jpg

2" Lifted from chevy, and upgraded "Trail" suspension. Of course yall know.... It's got a killer Bose stock sound system with sub. It bumps hard. We were greatly surprised to hear that. No need for upgrades there. Full leather of course as well as sunroof, and many other bells and whistles. Took it to Hilton Head this week (no boat), and it performed flawless. 19mpg Avg (same as traverse). Except this bad boy is rocking the 5.3V8 with towing capacity of 11,600 😍.....
20200624_220415.jpg

Had to get a drop hitch for him. Super nice (another bday present from brother in law). Adjustable, and flips in to save my shins....
20200620_233845.jpg

And as usual...... Let the mods begin. So he went and got ceramic tinted on front two to match backs today.....
20200626_101647.jpg

20x10 -19 with 33x12.5 coming real soon. Bed cover, and probably step rails coming soon as well. Meantime photo shoot....
20200626_222016.jpg

Damn he looks good pulling her....
20200626_222053.jpg

Oh and last thing..... This part is amazing....
20200626_201235.jpg

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Sorry for the lack of updates. Had a very shitty three weeks. However, get to hit the water tomorrow. So that's good. Now on to what I have done......

Trailer got new wheels. Brother in law got them for me for my birthday. Surprised me with them already installed. Same style wheel, but polished. Good tires though instead of the Carlisle junk....
View attachment 124124

Looking good....
View attachment 124125

Bought a new tow vehicle. Traded in our 2011 Traverse for this 2019 Chevy Trail Boss. It was a dealer demo vehicle so we got a good price....
View attachment 124126

2" Lifted from chevy, and upgraded "Trail" suspension. Of course yall know.... It's got a killer Bose stock sound system with sub. It bumps hard. We were greatly surprised to hear that. No need for upgrades there. Full leather of course as well as sunroof, and many other bells and whistles. Took it to Hilton Head this week (no boat), and it performed flawless. 19mpg Avg (same as traverse). Except this bad boy is rocking the 5.3V8 with towing capacity of 11,600 😍.....
View attachment 124127

Had to get a drop hitch for him. Super nice (another bday present from brother in law). Adjustable, and flips in to save my shins....
View attachment 124128

And as usual...... Let the mods begin. So he went and got ceramic tinted on front two to match backs today.....
View attachment 124129

20x10 -19 with 33x12.5 coming real soon. Bed cover, and probably step rails coming soon as well. Meantime photo shoot....
View attachment 124130

View attachment 124131

View attachment 124132
Bad Ass truck brother! Nice combo you have there. My tow vehicle is a 2018 Nissan Titan XD LE. Used to have a 2013 Explorer that we towed our SeaDoo jet boat with. Got to love V8 power to tow your boat. I wish I had the Diesel version, but my guy pulls a boat like there’s nothing back there. I sell nails and staples and packaging. Sometimes I put some heavy loads in the bed and I put on a lot of miles, but I haven’t had any issues, knock on wood.

I’ve always loved Chevy trucks. I miss my old 2 door lifted Tahoe. That Vortec was nice, but your motor is even nicer. Congratulations on the truck and enjoy you time in the boat tomorrow. I’m jealous and can’t wait!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

View attachment 124124

Looking good....
View attachment 124125

View attachment 124126

View attachment 124127

View attachment 124128

View attachment 124129

View attachment 124130

View attachment 124131

View attachment 124132
That truck is screaming for some black rims..IMHO!!!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bad Ass truck brother! Nice combo you have there. My tow vehicle is a 2018 Nissan Titan XD LE. Used to have a 2013 Explorer that we towed our SeaDoo jet boat with. Got to love V8 power to tow your boat. I wish I had the Diesel version, but my guy pulls a boat like there’s nothing back there. I sell nails and staples and packaging. Sometimes I put some heavy loads in the bed and I put on a lot of miles, but I haven’t had any issues, knock on wood.

I’ve always loved Chevy trucks. I miss my old 2 door lifted Tahoe. That Vortec was nice, but your motor is even nicer. Congratulations on the truck and enjoy you time in the boat tomorrow. I’m jealous and can’t wait!
Thank you my man. I really appreciate ya

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That truck is screaming for some black rims..IMHO!!!
Exactly. They are coming real soon for sure. The stocks are a good size, but the machine face drives us nuts.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
awesome thread. Iv'e looked high and low for good pics of this boat. This by far is the best. Thank you

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
awesome thread. Iv'e looked high and low for good pics of this boat. This by far is the best. Thank you
Your very welcome. I post on my insta as well @_riverlyfe_
I've been slacking on this thread, but been a crazy few months for us as well

Cainon01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Here's a shot of components installed where they will go, and my wiring mess being snaked through :
View attachment 106212

@Hoyt I see you screwed these down. What is down below this floor? Did you use little short screws? Securing my amp is the last thing I need to finish my budget build.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's a shot of components installed where they will go, and my wiring mess being snaked through :
View attachment 106212

@Hoyt I see you screwed these down. What is down below this floor? Did you use little short screws? Securing my amp is the last thing I need to finish my budget build.
Below the floor is your bilge area. So yeah I used short screws. However, I have since built a rack to hold them up off the floor, and is way cleaner looking now.

Cainon01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Below the floor is your bilge area. So yeah I used short screws. However, I have since built a rack to hold them up off the floor, and is way cleaner looking now.
Thanks man. Your thread has been my go to for info for my build. I just want to attach the thing for the rest of summer then clean it up better when I have time. ( and run the rgb wires for the speakers). Yamaha didn't crimp my rca cables! I ordered a set and didn't need it lol.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks man. Your thread has been my go to for info for my build. I just want to attach the thing for the rest of summer then clean it up better when I have time. ( and run the rgb wires for the speakers). Yamaha didn't crimp my rca cables! I ordered a set and didn't need it lol.

No problem my guy. Glad I could help. I did the exact same thing. Over the winter is when I do most of my work. Summer time is for pool swimming, beer drinking, and boat riding.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Dean P Did you add that white board to the existing cabin wall or was it already part of the stock boat? Also if so, what method was used to mount it?

Typically they use 3m 5200 to bond the starboard to the boat walls. Then mount amps to the starboard once dry

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Typically they use 3m 5200 to bond the starboard to the boat walls. Then mount amps to the starboard once dry
awesome - Thank you. Doing my amp install tomorrow. Kicker amp with 2 8' tower kicker cans. Will see how it goes. sure it wont touch your bad ass system

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
SUPER HAPPY! installed my 8” kicker towers with the 400watt kicker marine amp. Trial run yesterday afternoon . Could hear them while wakeboarding @ 22mph behind the boat! The LEDs are nice just wished you could sync them to the music. Don’t have my woofer yet like @Hoyt , but that’s coming next. I installed amp on the board Far back of the passenger rear storage, shorter run to the fusion and the battery. I can also take the board out easily to add my upcoming 2nd amp. Just worried about when I add the perco and second battery 😬

@Hoyt thanks again for your thread here super helpful with my project! Here are some pics

174C482F-B990-4CF7-A668-A684792E2BA9.jpeg68D6BFAB-F3B5-4944-AB52-96213F205252.jpegA38D776C-B6B3-4EF9-ADCC-C2B6BA1A84B0.jpeg79DA6556-C554-476E-9CA5-37699BB5C69B.jpegC7AB966E-6171-4FD7-B6C7-46B866138055.jpeg44A30E06-EC63-4242-B2C1-86282DE19C76.jpegA1268DCA-9ED9-47EF-AFD2-71EB6CAA470A.jpegB42C3A54-53BB-4078-914B-6EBFB9CB8CAC.jpeg