• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
This mirror is from Reborn. Only had it on a month or so now. Quality seems great. Fits gorgeously. Perfect view out of it. I can see way off to the side of the wake behind the boat. I can adjust it lower or higher if needed. For $125 it's great for me. Plus it matched the board racks
How does it fit with the tower folded down? Problem I had with my speakers is I have to loosen the driver side to be able to turn it to not rest on the steering wheel. Trying to avoid having to disconnect/tweak multiple things when tucking the boat into the garage.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How does it fit with the tower folded down? Problem I had with my speakers is I have to loosen the driver side to be able to turn it to not rest on the steering wheel. Trying to avoid having to disconnect/tweak multiple things when tucking the boat into the garage.
Now this I could see being a problem with where I have it mounted. I don't fold the tower down but once a year. It will probably hit the steering wheel for sure. You'd have to mount it elsewhere so it doesn't if you fold every time

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well first official day on the water was GORGEOUS. Started out with a heart attack, and forgot to put drain plugs in. I know super rookie move. Not like I haven't boated for 10+ years. Doesn't help that they are right next to the Damn boat buckles I had to take off. No worries. Remembed it quickly and laid on swim deck to put them in. Heart attack over. Let's go. Super packed today which was a great site. Broke in the sound system right today. Learned it needs some tweeking. Wetsounds Amps do get hot..... Regardless of what anyone tells you. They do. Sub is definitely up too loud. Driveway tests sound great, but actually out on the water it's too much. I'll be turning that down for sure. Other then that it was a gorgeous day. Both beer coolers came back empty. So success. Couple pics for yall....
View attachment 117774

View attachment 117775

View attachment 117776
I left my plug out for about a half hour on my first trip on the water, right after picking it up from the dealer. When I finally figured out why the bilge pump was running so much I jumped right in to plug it. My wife immediately went from scared that I fell in to pissed that I tried to sink our new boat. Luckily I donโ€™t have two plugs or I might have succeeded.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I left my plug out for about a half hour on my first trip on the water, right after picking it up from the dealer. When I finally figured out why the bilge pump was running so much I jumped right in to plug it. My wife immediately went from scared that I fell in to pissed that I tried to sink our new boat. Luckily I donโ€™t have two plugs or I might have succeeded.
It really sucked. First time I've ever done that. I've been boating a long time. Needless to say.... I need a few beers after that for sure

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well sad day..... My sub is blown ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜”. Took it out today, and tested a garage sub. Amp works, and wiring works. 12"wetsounds sub..... Nothing. Damn. Nothing visibly wrong or blown. No loose wires. Just straight up nothing. 20200509_182901.jpg

So for now I'm running no sub. Did retune the system today though. Turned down gains a touch as well. Sounds great with help from @redthumper. Still super loud, but hopefully more efficient. Still need to raise amps a touch off the carpet for air flow, but that'll be simple. I didn't want to stand in line outside of Lowes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully they'll warranty it. Strange that you're not getting anything from it.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well sad day..... My sub is blown ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜”. Took it out today, and tested a garage sub. Amp works, and wiring works. 12"wetsounds sub..... Nothing. Damn. Nothing visibly wrong or blown. No loose wires. Just straight up nothing. View attachment 118349

So for now I'm running no sub. Did retune the system today though. Turned down gains a touch as well. Sounds great with help from @redthumper. Still super loud, but hopefully more efficient. Still need to raise amps a touch off the carpet for air flow, but that'll be simple. I didn't want to stand in line outside of Lowes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Man that stinks! Hope you can get them to take care of it. Those things should be able to be run loud and for a long time!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man that stinks! Hope you can get them to take care of it. Those things should be able to be run loud and for a long time!
I had the gain turned 3/4 up. I'm thinking that was too much. Well clearly it was. It's rated at 400 rms 800 peak. The way it was setup was probably pushing 500 rms and 1000 peak. My kids were out with us, and they pumped hip hop alot. Sooooooooo this is probably the cause. I'm going to replace it, but turn it way down. It was too much for sure. I mean sounded great in the boat riding, but outside at the bar the rattling was annoying AF. Behind the boat with towers is awesome. Anywhere else and the rattling is annoying.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hopefully they'll warranty it. Strange that you're not getting anything from it.
I may actually try a sound shop and see if it can be rebuilt first. They're not going to warranty pushing too much power to it. I can say that I retuned system, and it sounds great. Even without the sub. Plenty of mid bass. I may end up leaving the sub out. Highly doubt that though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may actually try a sound shop and see if it can be rebuilt first. They're not going to warranty pushing too much power to it. I can say that I retuned system, and it sounds great. Even without the sub. Plenty of mid bass. I may end up leaving the sub out. Highly doubt that though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Did you test the ends of speaker wire feeding sub and confirm you are getting signal? Have you tried the sub on another stereo (home or other)? It could be the amp channel or maybe even a fuse depending on what amp(s) you have??

Where was your sub located that it was vibrating so much?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you test the ends of speaker wire feeding sub and confirm you are getting signal? Have you tried the sub on another stereo (home or other)? It could be the amp channel or maybe even a fuse depending on what amp(s) you have??

Where was your sub located that it was vibrating so much?
Channels on amps (checked both amps) are just fine. Running two syndx6 amps for entire system. I hooked a garage sub (random sub from a car sitting around in garage) to the channel and it worked no problem. It's the sub. It does nothing. Doesn't register ohms either with a meter. Weird because visually there's nothing wrong with it.

The sub was in a custom built tuned and vented enclosure inside passenger helm area. It hit extremely hard. Which rattled everything in the boat.
20200209_140025.jpg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Most of the time you'll never see anything "visually" wrong with a blown speaker. I can usually smell them ๐Ÿ˜‚. The voice coil in the motor of the speaker is most likely cooked. I'd be willing to bet you didn't blow it because of too "much" power. With what you told me over the phone, I think it was probably over driven into distortion. For reference, I had my SD6 (185wx6) on 6 JL MX650's on the last boat. They are 75w RMS per coaxial. Gains were set up like I spoke to you about. Never blew a speaker. I'd replace that thing asap and get back to rocking!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Most of the time you'll never see anything "visually" wrong with a blown speaker. I can usually smell them ๐Ÿ˜‚. The voice coil in the motor of the speaker is most likely cooked. I'd be willing to bet you didn't blow it because of too "much" power. With what you told me over the phone, I think it was probably over driven into distortion. For reference, I had my SD6 (185wx6) on 6 JL MX650's on the last boat. They are 75w RMS per coaxial. Gains were set up like I spoke to you about. Never blew a speaker. I'd replace that thing asap and get back to rocking!
I do very much appreciate ya for the tuning help. Sounds so much cleaner now. Night and day difference. I'll be replacing the sub for sure. Just not gonna run it as loud. It's just obnoxious.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ok on the tuning, did you adjust the wet sound amp? I have messed with the fusion head unit and seemed to get things good but didnโ€™t realize there were some amp settings that may help also. Dealer put it all in for me.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok on the tuning, did you adjust the wet sound amp? I have messed with the fusion head unit and seemed to get things good but didnโ€™t realize there were some amp settings that may help also. Dealer put it all in for me.
Yes I tuned both. So the amps I followed @redthumper9 advice. So what you do is set your head unit volume to 85%. Then set your tone settings. I did 3 bars up on bass, 5 up on mid, and 4 up on treble. Then you turn amp gains all the way down. Set frequency or hz to 110. Then be sure high pass filter is switched on. After all that you turn head unit volume to the set 85%. From there you slowly turn amp gains up until you hear distortion. Use a song with good mids, bass, and treble to test. Once you reach distortion slightly turn gain a little back down. Then your done. For me the high pass filter and setting at 110hz was key

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes I tuned both. So the amps I followed @redthumper9 advice. So what you do is set your head unit volume to 85%. Then set your tone settings. I did 3 bars up on bass, 5 up on mid, and 4 up on treble. Then you turn amp gains all the way down. Set frequency or hz to 110. Then be sure high pass filter is switched on. After all that you turn head unit volume to the set 85%. From there you slowly turn amp gains up until you hear distortion. Use a song with good mids, bass, and treble to test. Once you reach distortion slightly turn gain a little back down. Then your done. For me the high pass filter and setting at 110hz was key
Iโ€™ll have to try that out and see if there is a difference. Thanks!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Iโ€™ll have to try that out and see if there is a difference. Thanks!
For sure. I noticed a big difference in clarity.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have that wet sound amp and the 4 kicker tower speakers with the 4 wet sounds in the boat and the the bazooka with its built in amp. I might see if I can adjust it as well.