• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Funny - when the build was going, I thought to my self he is going to blow those speakers with 3/4 gain... turn to a few pages later lol. Been installing stereos for 15 years and never once has a clean gain been past half way, usually clip before that.

Anyways, how is the headroom with the REV10s?
The sub did not blow due to gain settings. The sub blew because I was sent their 2ohm free air version instead of the 4ohm, and I didn't notice. So a 2ohm sub bridged to the amp put a 1ohm load on the sub. This is why it blew. Wetsounds was actually shocked the amp isn't toast as well haha.

I have plenty of head room with the rev10s. I posted a pic in this thread somewhere of that as well. I have mine mounted directly over seats, and no one has yet to bump their head on them.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If they were more centered do you think people might hit them walking through the boat?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If they were more centered do you think people might hit them walking through the boat?
Oh yeah for sure they would. They are right at head height when hanging. So putting them in center of walkway you would for sure have to duck to get by them. Over the seats though you'll have no problem at all.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@Hoyt Are you using the same rack for both wake board and surf board. I like the option of vertical storage. Reborn has a sale going on but don't see a vertical rack for a wakeboard.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt Are you using the same rack for both wake board and surf board. I like the option of vertical storage. Reborn has a sale going on but don't see a vertical rack for a wakeboard.
Yeah I am. I wanted vertical as well so I went that route. Works just fine. Hit 45mph no problem and doesn't blow around. The straps they have can be wrapped around many times to keep it secure. If course I remove to trailer home though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Great racks honestly. Especially for the money, and they can be loosened and turned inside the tower for winter cover storage which is a plus. Boats double covered currently, and racks are still installed

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So now comes the fun part of snaking wires. I went from swim deck fusion radio hole to port swim deck cup holder. From the cup holder it's a straight shot to port aft compartment. Good ol wire coat hanger to the rescue. View attachment 106211

Here's a shot of components installed where they will go, and my wiring mess being snaked through :
View attachment 106212

She's running 2 duracell batteries, noco genius 3 Bay on board charger, stinger power distribution block with dual 300amp fuses, stinger ground distribution block, and dual wetsounds syndx6 Amplifiers. One amp powers stock Recon 5s cabin speakers with about 65watts rms power (half gain), and Rev 12" Subwoofer bridged channels 5&6 to about 500 watts rms (3/4 gain). The other amp runs Rev 10 Tower speakers channels 1&2 bridged and 3&4 bridged giving 400 watts rms (3/4 gain). Here's a night shot all powered up :
View attachment 106213

Time to prep for tower speakers install. Here I'm braiding some bailing wire to fish into tower:
View attachment 106214

Let's go :
View attachment 106215

Up through here port side :
View attachment 106216

Up through the hole in tower. Only drilling was at speaker itself to feed wire :
View attachment 106217

Boom. Mounted on bow facing bar to not impede bimini storage. They are gorgeous. Rev 10s at their finest :
View attachment 106218

View attachment 106219

View attachment 106220

So begins the sub enclosure build :
View attachment 106221

1.7 cu ft 19" vented enclosure built to be tuned at 35hz:
View attachment 106222

12 gauge wire installed :
View attachment 106223

All sealed up :
View attachment 106224

Down the depths of the vent :
View attachment 106225

That's where I'm at currently. Sub is installed, but it got dark. I'll update this tomorrow morning. Should be complete then.
So now comes the fun part of snaking wires. I went from swim deck fusion radio hole to port swim deck cup holder. From the cup holder it's a straight shot to port aft compartment. Good ol wire coat hanger to the rescue. View attachment 106211

Here's a shot of components installed where they will go, and my wiring mess being snaked through :
View attachment 106212

She's running 2 duracell batteries, noco genius 3 Bay on board charger, stinger power distribution block with dual 300amp fuses, stinger ground distribution block, and dual wetsounds syndx6 Amplifiers. One amp powers stock Recon 5s cabin speakers with about 65watts rms power (half gain), and Rev 12" Subwoofer bridged channels 5&6 to about 500 watts rms (3/4 gain). The other amp runs Rev 10 Tower speakers channels 1&2 bridged and 3&4 bridged giving 400 watts rms (3/4 gain). Here's a night shot all powered up :
View attachment 106213

Time to prep for tower speakers install. Here I'm braiding some bailing wire to fish into tower:
View attachment 106214

Let's go :
View attachment 106215

Up through here port side :
View attachment 106216

Up through the hole in tower. Only drilling was at speaker itself to feed wire :
View attachment 106217

Boom. Mounted on bow facing bar to not impede bimini storage. They are gorgeous. Rev 10s at their finest :
View attachment 106218

View attachment 106219

View attachment 106220

So begins the sub enclosure build :
View attachment 106221

1.7 cu ft 19" vented enclosure built to be tuned at 35hz:
View attachment 106222

12 gauge wire installed :
View attachment 106223

All sealed up :
View attachment 106224

Down the depths of the vent :
View attachment 106225

That's where I'm at currently. Sub is installed, but it got dark. I'll update this tomorrow morning. Should be complete then.
Does the tower still fold down with the Rev 10โ€™s in place?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does the tower still fold down with the Rev 10โ€™s in place?
Yeah it'll fold down no problem with them installed if you need to clear a low bridge or something. However, they are also super simple to remove with wetsounds swivel clamp system as well

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Hoyt - did you install an ACR / add a battery switch to your boat?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt - did you install an ACR / add a battery switch to your boat?
I switched my stock battery switch to a Perko switch. When underway I have it on "all". When at sand bar it's on #1 (sound system batteries). It's never on #2 (house battery)

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I switched my stock battery switch to a Perko switch. When underway I have it on "all". When at sand bar it's on #1 (sound system batteries). It's never on #2 (house battery)
Thanks - I purchased the blue seas add a battery kit. Have not installed yet.. supposedly it takes the need to switch back and forth on batteries and automated it. Little nervous about the install and wondering if anyone else has used the system on a 195. Almost boating season for you! Looking forward to your updates as usual. Best 195 thread out there!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks - I purchased the blue seas add a battery kit. Have not installed yet.. supposedly it takes the need to switch back and forth on batteries and automated it. Little nervous about the install and wondering if anyone else has used the system on a 195. Almost boating season for you! Looking forward to your updates as usual. Best 195 thread out there!
I as well looked at that blue seas kit. I didn't like how it would draw equally between the batteries. I wanted sound system separate. That way if I kill sound system batteries after a super long day on water I know I always have the house battery 100% and ready to start for me.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I as well looked at that blue seas kit. I didn't like how it would draw equally between the batteries. I wanted sound system separate. That way if I kill sound system batteries after a super long day on water I know I always have the house battery 100% and ready to start for me.
The blue seas kit doesn't draw equally but it does charge equally when underway without having to switch. My stereo is hooked up to my house battery so when using that, it is drawing from the house. The starter is hooked to the starter battery so that is what is used when starting unless you override using the blue seas switch which allows you to join power from the 2 batteries in the case you some how draw down your starter (?).

I like the blue seas add a battery. I was just looking for simplicity in charging while running the boat

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The blue seas kit doesn't draw equally but it does charge equally when underway without having to switch. My stereo is hooked up to my house battery so when using that, it is drawing from the house. The starter is hooked to the starter battery so that is what is used when starting unless you override using the blue seas switch which allows you to join power from the 2 batteries in the case you some how draw down your starter (?).

I like the blue seas add a battery. I was just looking for simplicity in charging while running the boat
Aww I see. Maybe that's why I didn't get it. Our boat rides are very short (like 5-10 minutes). Then it's all day at the sand bar. I went Noco Genius for charging I plug in after each trip

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
There is something I am not clear on. This thread (and others) seem to want to combine two batteries by adding a deep cycle battery (for running accessories when the engine is off) to the existing battery. However, starting batteries are quite different from deep cycle batteries. Wouldn't their different use cases, discharge characteristics, and charging profiles be a problem when combining?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is something I am not clear on. This thread (and others) seem to want to combine two batteries by adding a deep cycle battery (for running accessories when the engine is off) to the existing battery. However, starting batteries are quite different from deep cycle batteries. Wouldn't their different use cases, discharge characteristics, and charging profiles be a problem when combining?
I'm not the most knowledgeable on batteries. So I'm not the best to answer your question. However, I added deep cycle batteries as a stand alone to sound system only (2 Duracell Group 31 in parallel). They power my amps and head unit only. All my stock wiring is still on stock interstate battery that came with boat. So the interstate starts and parts the boat. My Duracell batteries only power the sound system. Perko switch replaced stock battery switch so I could switch between the two systems. So my systems are not connected at all. Noco on board charger is the only way to charge sound system batteries

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not the most knowledgeable on batteries. So I'm not the best to answer your question. However, I added deep cycle batteries as a stand alone to sound system only (2 Duracell Group 31 in parallel). They power my amps and head unit only. All my stock wiring is still on stock interstate battery that came with boat. So the interstate starts and parts the boat. My Duracell batteries only power the sound system. Perko switch replaced stock battery switch so I could switch between the two systems. So my systems are not connected at all. Noco on board charger is the only way to charge sound system batteries
I spent some time yesterday at the dealer discussing the install for the ACR. Yamaha certified mechanic was very hesitant about anything that would change all the standard systems from the start battery. He recommended I only run the amps directly to the stereo battery deep cell. He definitely recommended a gell cell blue top. Also showed me the start wiring diagram for the automatic isolation during start.

I really like the onboard charger idea! Much better than clip on trickle charger process I am currently using

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
my stereo shop installed a new marine battery ( i think the same as stock) after adding just 1 amp. However, the switch has OFF, 1 and 2. 1 is for the stock battery that runs everything. 2 is the second battery which also runs everything. 1 dies switch to 2. Sooo, is that ok? or does it matter? obviously we don't want to kill the second battery

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Well got a little extras done today other then just detailing. So here goes it......

Removed the Mirror because I didn't like that it's black. So taped it off, and painted White to match rest of boat. Should help with rusting as well. Not a great job though. I can see this getting lightly sanded, and hit with more coats soon....
View attachment 117633

Decent tape work at least.....
View attachment 117635

Yep that's more better ๐Ÿ˜œ.....
View attachment 117637

Got the fire extinguisher mounted under driver helm...
View attachment 117639

Then I spent some time on this site....
View attachment 117641

The card that came with my boat was actually empty. Like nothing on it at all. No clue how the conext had maps at all, but it did. My brother in law gave me an actual Navtronics card. So I put it into program, and started the slooooow download process of my area. Boom. Works beautifully. I now have channels (light colored areas), buoy markers, fuel stops, etc etc listed on map. Unfortunately conext Actia does not support sonar. So no depths listed, but I least I have channels now. Anyway here's a look....
View attachment 117642

She's loaded and ready for tomorrow. Can't wait.
After bouncing around and hitting some hard chop, any evidence the 3/4" screws holding the fire extinguisher are pulling out?