• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
my stereo shop installed a new marine battery ( i think the same as stock) after adding just 1 amp. However, the switch has OFF, 1 and 2. 1 is for the stock battery that runs everything. 2 is the second battery which also runs everything. 1 dies switch to 2. Sooo, is that ok? or does it matter? obviously we don't want to kill the second battery
The switch probably has a 1, 2, both & off I would think. And yes that's how mine is, but I have a crank and a deep cycle. I use the crank when just cruising around, then when I set up shop for the day and throw anchor I switch to 2(deep cycle) to crank my tunes. Half the time I forget and leave it on battery 1(crank) and the boat still fires up everytime even after listening to music for 6 hours straight. But all I have is one 450 watt amp and 2 tower speakers added

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I spent some time yesterday at the dealer discussing the install for the ACR. Yamaha certified mechanic was very hesitant about anything that would change all the standard systems from the start battery. He recommended I only run the amps directly to the stereo battery deep cell. He definitely recommended a gell cell blue top. Also showed me the start wiring diagram for the automatic isolation during start.

I really like the onboard charger idea! Much better than clip on trickle charger process I am currently using
This is why I kept my sound system on separate batteries. I did however pull the Fusion head unit from swim deck, cut its power and ground wires, and rewire it to sound system batteries as well. So I can use it independently with sound system only batteries. Leaving house battery for starting and running.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
my stereo shop installed a new marine battery ( i think the same as stock) after adding just 1 amp. However, the switch has OFF, 1 and 2. 1 is for the stock battery that runs everything. 2 is the second battery which also runs everything. 1 dies switch to 2. Sooo, is that ok? or does it matter? obviously we don't want to kill the second battery
As long as both batteries are run independently your fine. If they are run in parallel then your draining both at the same time

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After bouncing around and hitting some hard chop, any evidence the 3/4" screws holding the fire extinguisher are pulling out?
Not a single problem at all with them. We don't go into hard chop, but had her in 1' chop end of the season still no issues at all.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is why I kept my sound system on separate batteries. I did however pull the Fusion head unit from swim deck, cut its power and ground wires, and rewire it to sound system batteries as well. So I can use it independently with sound system only batteries. Leaving house battery for starting and running.
Makes sense - using that configuration are you still able to use the fusion screen in the dash, or only the swim deck head unit?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Makes sense - using that configuration are you still able to use the fusion screen in the dash, or only the swim deck head unit?
The conext screen is not on. Only the Fusion Swim deck head unit. I also use the Fusion app on my phone. I never use my conext for audio. Conext turns up all volume not zones. The Fusion app, and swim deck head unit allow me zone control. Rev10s are loud 🤣🤣

PastMaster32

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hoyt,
Gotta thank you for sharing your sandbar Spotify... Everyone seems to dig it. A real crowd pleaser

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hoyt,
Gotta thank you for sharing your sandbar Spotify... Everyone seems to dig it. A real crowd pleaser
No problem at all. It's a super long playlist. Daughter has created a Sand Bar 2.0 version. Gonna have to see how it goes. Alot of the same, but she took out my hick hop 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well it's time to bring her home. Hooked her up to my beater truck, pulled her out of storage, and brought her home.....
20210429_135225.jpg

She's in her weekend home waiting to get right for the season....
20210429_140959.jpg

So first and foremost..... I broke a light with my boat buckles, and the light stopped working about end of season last year. So let's get that fixed....
20210429_150407.jpg

Replaced with all LED taillights and bottom strip bar.....
20210429_174716.jpg

I drilled new mounting holes for the lights, and moved them over an inch to clear the boat buckles. I like where the buckles are because I don't need to go full under it to attach or release.....
20210429_174724.jpg

Doesn't really bother me sticking out, and only yamaha people notice 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Then I fixed something that has always drove me nuts. The Damn hook on the end of the break away cable. First and foremost it pricks the crap out my finger energy single time. Then it always comes off. So problem fixed with this contraption.....
20210429_174750.jpg

Now she's somewhat cleaned, safety gear, tool box, fenders, blah blah loaded, and ready for her first trip of the year.......
20210429_180339.jpg

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Well it's time to bring her home. Hooked her up to my beater truck, pulled her out of storage, and brought her home.....
View attachment 148305

View attachment 148306

So first and foremost..... I broke a light with my boat buckles, and the light stopped working about end of season last year. So let's get that fixed....
View attachment 148307

View attachment 148308

I drilled new mounting holes for the lights, and moved them over an inch to clear the boat buckles. I like where the buckles are because I don't need to go full under it to attach or release.....
View attachment 148309

Then I fixed something that has always drove me nuts. The Damn hook on the end of the break away cable. First and foremost it pricks the crap out my finger energy single time. Then it always comes off. So problem fixed with this contraption.....
View attachment 148310

Now she's somewhat cleaned, safety gear, tool box, fenders, blah blah loaded, and ready for her first trip of the year.......
View attachment 148311
is that the shorelander LED replacement? I read that it was a direct swap out and got some, have not done it yet. on my to do list.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
is that the shorelander LED replacement? I read that it was a direct swap out and got some, have not done it yet. on my to do list.

These are just regular led lights that were the same measurements. Nothing specific to shorelander. Much needed upgrade though

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@Yamahaul I have these earmarked for when and if the boat ever arrives.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
thanks homie, I have the brake lights, have not put them on yet, i did grab that light bar. :cool:

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

$50 each.... Oh hell no. Not for lights. We used Blazer led trailer lights. Commonly available at most big box stores. $100 is rediculos then add $35 for strip.... No thanks. Here is a link from Amazon. Much better, and take your savings and get more beer.....

These are what we used. We use them on all our boat trailers at work (marine construction and diving)
20210430_160632.jpg

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
$50 each.... Oh hell no. Not for lights. We used Blazer led trailer lights. Commonly available at most big box stores. $100 is rediculos then add $35 for strip.... No thanks. Here is a link from Amazon. Much better, and take your savings and get more beer.....

These are what we used. We use them on all our boat trailers at work (marine construction and diving)
View attachment 148370
Will check them out, thanks Hoyt.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 148305

View attachment 148306

View attachment 148307

View attachment 148308

View attachment 148309

View attachment 148310

View attachment 148311
Same problem with that damn breakaway hook!!! I’ve just coated it with duct tape :) lol - looks a bit ghetto but no more wire pokes.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same problem with that damn breakaway hook!!! I’ve just coated it with duct tape :) lol - looks a bit ghetto but no more wire pokes.
The struggle is real, but not anymore 🤣🤣

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
View attachment 148305

View attachment 148306

View attachment 148307

View attachment 148308

View attachment 148309

View attachment 148310

View attachment 148311
I like that spot for the buckles too. They mount perfectly to the factory tab and the hole is perfect to mount the buckets. I haven’t broke a taillight yet, but since they are right on them I am worried it will happen at some point. I may have to find some LED’s that fit and provide a little room for the buckles. Enjoy the season!!!

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just swapped out led tails. Literally unplug and plug in. 5 minute job. Looks great and no cutting Any wires.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Just swapped out led tails. Literally unplug and plug in. 5 minute job. Looks great and no cutting Any wires.
Probably worth the higher price for just that reason. No news from either dealer on either deposit/delivery. getting nervous. Have a big family vacation planned in July around the boat. Won't be the same without a boat.