• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Revo 6s sound incredible. I didn’t hook up the RGBs yet either but I will at a future time with the RF controller.

They do indeed sound great. We never boat at night so rgb does us no good at all

NSpradley

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They do indeed sound great. We never boat at night so rgb does us no good at all
Honestly dusk is as dark as we get on the water as well. That said, the LEDs pulsing with the music seems pretty sick.

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Very nice. Now I'm adding this upgrade to my list!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Here's where the sub ended up finished. It's wired to the cabin syndx6. Channels 5&6 bridged. Giving it about 500 watts at 3/4 gain. I may end up rebuilding the enclosure. I wanted it against the back wall instead of against seat. It works, and great. However, I may rebuild and move it:
View attachment 106291

View attachment 106292

Here's the video to the sound and description of sound system. True potential of course is only what you're listening device will allow, but it sounds great. As you can hear when I turn the towers up, and your behind the boat you get blasted with sound. Sub is still there, and you can hear it:

Also added heavy duty industrial velcro to my anchor cushion to keep it from potentially blowing out while trailering. Same for starboard aft cushion. The only two not hinged basically. No issues so far at 70-75 mph:

View attachment 106293

View attachment 106294
Hoyt going to be doing my audio upgrade on 7/19 & 20. Will be be bridging channels 5 & 6 on my WS HTX-6 for the sub, only problem is I don't know how. Advice, pictures, needed wires/harness?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hoyt going to be doing my audio upgrade on 7/19 & 20. Will be be bridging channels 5 & 6 on my WS HTX-6 for the sub, only problem is I don't know how. Advice, pictures, needed wires/harness?
Super easy. Just take positive wire and hook to channel 5 positive. Then take negative wire and hook to channel 6 negative. That's it for amp. Then take other end of wires and hook positive to positive on sub, and negative to negative. Done. If it's a wetsounds sub only use one of the sets of sub terminals. They have two, but you only need one hooked up

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Super easy. Just take positive wire and hook to channel 5 positive. Then take negative wire and hook to channel 6 negative. That's it for amp. Then take other end of wires and hook positive to positive on sub, and negative to negative. Done. If it's a wetsounds sub only use one of the sets of sub terminals. They have two, but you only need one hooked up
Easy enough, thanks Yes it's a WS Revo 10" free air.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Well I took the plunge on the reborn rack and it looks like I can make it work with out removing it to put the tower down. Like with everything else with this boat the clearances are tight.
Have the same rack and swivel mount, but haven't installed yet. Does the swivel get mounted from the inside of the fixed mount on the tower itself?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks guys - i think i can hit 44 with two people. about 7400 RPM. Seems like i may have lost some RPMs, not sure, i seem to remember 7800 in the past.
Wonder if this is something happening with this engine. Only topping at 7000rpm now after my 100hr service 😡🤬 lost 8-9mph. Anyone else experiencing rpm loss?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
SUPER HAPPY! installed my 8” kicker towers with the 400watt kicker marine amp. Trial run yesterday afternoon . Could hear them while wakeboarding @ 22mph behind the boat! The LEDs are nice just wished you could sync them to the music. Don’t have my woofer yet like @Hoyt , but that’s coming next. I installed amp on the board Far back of the passenger rear storage, shorter run to the fusion and the battery. I can also take the board out easily to add my upcoming 2nd amp. Just worried about when I add the perco and second battery 😬

@Hoyt thanks again for your thread here super helpful with my project! Here are some pics

View attachment 130506View attachment 130507View attachment 130508View attachment 130509View attachment 130511View attachment 130512View attachment 130513View attachment 130514
The board you attached the amp to is the rear of the battery compartment?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The board you attached the amp to is the rear of the battery compartment?
Yea correct - I removed it, mounted everything then screwed it back in

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt any new upgrades this year? Missing your posts
I honestly ain't done nothing bro. Upgraded the rear speakers to revo. Just replaced the Duracell batteries because we killed them. Other then that ain't done nothing but enjoy it. Did suck up a bunch of shells on a beach. Sooooooooo..... Wear ring needs to be replaced. That'll be coming over winter probably. I'll document that. No huge deal just cavitates pretty bad at a dig, and losses some top end (43ish now). So wear ring and maybe solas impeller coming in off season. Probably will upgrade front speakers to Revos as well. Other then that we just enjoy what was built. Might do the Cobra fun upgrade Jeff been telling me about as well. Still love my set though. Must say I've become quite the pro. 50 hour service I'll probably do this spring as well. Still only at 35 hours, and we go out every Sunday. Basically though.... We just love it

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
This is a great thread, thanks. I assume you can upgrade the speakers without adding the amp/extra batteries etc, and if so do/would they sound better then the stock speakers?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a great thread, thanks. I assume you can upgrade the speakers without adding the amp/extra batteries etc, and if so do/would they sound better then the stock speakers?
Yes you can easily upgrade without amp. You will notice a difference, but without an amp to push them you won't notice a "louder" difference. If that makes sense

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks Hoyt. One more question as I have just ordered a Blue 2022 195S with no delivery date. The interior lights in the boat on the 195s, how many are there and where are they located. I think I read that they are white, and I would assume LED, are they easily changeable to be a color?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Hoyt. One more question as I have just ordered a Blue 2022 195S with no delivery date. The interior lights in the boat on the 195s, how many are there and where are they located. I think I read that they are white, and I would assume LED, are they easily changeable to be a color?
I'm pretty sure there is only 3. One in each drink holder cubby. They are white led that's correct. They aren't very bright at all though. Enough that you don't trip at night, but that's it. If you're looking to light it up with a bright color then changing your stock speakers to a RGB version is your best bet, or just run LED strip lights all around the boat.