• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks again, that is a great suggestion on adding the RGB speakers. I will look into that. Can you add a single amp to get more power for the speakers without having to add an additional battery, change out the battery switch etc.? Or would the amp run the battery down too quickly? Maybe a smaller amp then what you installed? I know it all depends on how long you would be listening without the engine running. We will mostly be doing water sports more then partying at the sand bar. Sorry for all the questions, I am just not very comfortable playing around with the battery wiring etc.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks again, that is a great suggestion on adding the RGB speakers. I will look into that. Can you add a single amp to get more power for the speakers without having to add an additional battery, change out the battery switch etc.? Or would the amp run the battery down too quickly? Maybe a smaller amp then what you installed? I know it all depends on how long you would be listening without the engine running. We will mostly be doing water sports more then partying at the sand bar. Sorry for all the questions, I am just not very comfortable playing around with the battery wiring etc.

Yeah for sure you can add an amplifier to your stock system and battery. No problem at all. It'll be perfectly fine. Extended listening with the engine off though will definitely drain your battery. My sound system is 100% excessive. Most days we have the cabin and sub on about half volume. That's it. Towers are rarely ever on. It's built to be extremely loud if I need it to be, but doesn't have to be that way all the time. While cruising in boat we keep it to about 75% of cabin. Can't hear engine, or someone talking to you 🤣. When we do water sports we'll turn cabin to 50% and Towers to 50%. Good mix there, and we can still talk. My setup is built to last all day with boat off at full volume. So no you don't need that at all

kdezeeuw23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
SUPER HAPPY! installed my 8” kicker towers with the 400watt kicker marine amp. Trial run yesterday afternoon . Could hear them while wakeboarding @ 22mph behind the boat! The LEDs are nice just wished you could sync them to the music. Don’t have my woofer yet like @Hoyt , but that’s coming next. I installed amp on the board Far back of the passenger rear storage, shorter run to the fusion and the battery. I can also take the board out easily to add my upcoming 2nd amp. Just worried about when I add the perco and second battery 😬

@Hoyt thanks again for your thread here super helpful with my project! Here are some pics

View attachment 130506View attachment 130507View attachment 130508View attachment 130509View attachment 130511View attachment 130512View attachment 130513View attachment 130514
Did you run only your tower speakers off the amp? Leaving the cabins still directly from the head unit? If you did, any sound issues that way?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Did you run only your tower speakers off the amp? Leaving the cabins still directly from the head unit? If you did, any sound issues that way?
No there is no issues doing it this way, same way I have mine

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can easily do that. Most of us amplify the cabin as well because towers are only on when boarding or sand bar party

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
One amp for cabin speakers (X6) and sub and one amp for tower speakers.

kdezeeuw23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@Hoyt @kgower @Crob83 Thanks for all your replies!
Been following this thread for a year (since we got our 195s last March) to plan it out and hoping to get this set up for this summer. The goal is to get sound out to a skier/tuber/wakeboarder while running. We don't sand bar a lot, just to stop for food and let the doggo swim, so we're not worried about matching Hoyt 🤣 in party town! Would like to keep it to adding 2 tower speakers (Kicker 8s or WetSounds) and 1 amp. Husband had talked to rep at Fusion who said there could be a lag between the tower and cabin sound going that way so wanted to see what experience was for others

kdezeeuw23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
No there is no issues doing it this way, same way I have mine
How did you run the RCA cables? Zone 1 and 2? Do your tower speakers stay on all the time with any radio on? Or can they be turned off? Could we add a switch to turn off the amp/tower speakers if we wanted to?

What speakers/amp set up did you use?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
How did you run the RCA cables? Zone 1 and 2? Do your tower speakers stay on all the time with any radio on? Or can they be turned off? Could we add a switch to turn off the amp/tower speakers if we wanted to?

I just have 2 kicker 6.5s on the tower with a 400 watt mtx marine Amp. They are on all the time the radio is on which is how I want it. My set up is extremely simple, I'm sure you could make it so they turn off if you want. I couldn't really hear the radio under way before I had then so I prefer they stay on all the time. My head unit is in the glove box, so all I had to so was run them from the battery compartment(where the amp is) to the head unit. It was literally like 5 foot or so, I don't have a connext screen and I don't think your head unit is in your glove box, so kind of apples to oranges for your setup

kdezeeuw23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just have 2 kicker 6.5s on the tower with a 400 watt mtx marine Amp. They are on all the time the radio is on which is how I want it. My set up is extremely simple, I'm sure you could make it so they turn off if you want. I couldn't really hear the radio under way before I had then so I prefer they stay on all the time. My head unit is in the glove box, so all I had to so was run them from the battery compartment(where the amp is) to the head unit. It was literally like 5 foot or so, I don't have a connext screen and I don't think your head unit is in your glove box, so kind of apples to oranges for your setup
Thanks for the info - we do have the head unit on the back platform, with a connext screen. I was curious if you just chose a zone RCA to plug into the amp and then ran wires to the towers. I'm thinking this is how we'll start. Maybe down the road we'll go bigger (upgrade cabins, 2nd amp, etc) but just need sound out to the kids in the wake for now!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for the info - we do have the head unit on the back platform, with a connext screen. I was curious if you just chose a zone RCA to plug into the amp and then ran wires to the towers. I'm thinking this is how we'll start. Maybe down the road we'll go bigger (upgrade cabins, 2nd amp, etc) but just need sound out to the kids in the wake for now!
What's the max RMS for your speakers. You may want to get a little bit bigger amp. Honesty I can't remember I've slept and drank to much beer and it's been over a year. Pretty sure I just ran the remote wire to the head unit and ran my speaker wires to the speakers and that was it

kdezeeuw23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
What's the max RMS for your speakers. You may want to get a little bit bigger amp. Honesty I can't remember I've slept and drank to much beer and it's been over a year. Pretty sure I just ran the remote wire to the head unit and ran my speaker wires to the speakers and that was it
We haven't bought anything yet - doing so this week. Thanks for the help!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Hoyt @kgower @Crob83 Thanks for all your replies!
Been following this thread for a year (since we got our 195s last March) to plan it out and hoping to get this set up for this summer. The goal is to get sound out to a skier/tuber/wakeboarder while running. We don't sand bar a lot, just to stop for food and let the doggo swim, so we're not worried about matching Hoyt 🤣 in party town! Would like to keep it to adding 2 tower speakers (Kicker 8s or WetSounds) and 1 amp. Husband had talked to rep at Fusion who said there could be a lag between the tower and cabin sound going that way so wanted to see what experience was for others
No lag - sound matches with no issue

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I ran 1 zone for the front speakers and the other for the tower and rear cabin. Hindsight I may have just run the towers on one zone and the cabin on the other. But the way I have it I can still to front back balancing

kdezeeuw23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I ran 1 zone for the front speakers and the other for the tower and rear cabin. Hindsight I may have just run the towers on one zone and the cabin on the other. But the way I have it I can still to front back balancing
Thank you! Just got our Rev8s and amp this week....excited to get them placed and ready for summer!

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you! Just got our Rev8s and amp this week....excited to get them placed and ready for summer!
The REv8s should work really well for you! I agree you won't have lag.

Just make sure you have the ability to independently adjust the volume of the tower speakers. They are going to be LOUD for anyone sitting in the rear seats while underway if you are projecting to wake distance. This is fine while doing water sports but may be overkill for general cruising. Some radios do this with zone control, or at a minimum you can use an in-line RCA gain adjuster.

kdezeeuw23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The REv8s should work really well for you! I agree you won't have lag.

Just make sure you have the ability to independently adjust the volume of the tower speakers. They are going to be LOUD for anyone sitting in the rear seats while underway if you are projecting to wake distance. This is fine while doing water sports but may be overkill for general cruising. Some radios do this with zone control, or at a minimum you can use an in-line RCA gain adjuster.
Thanks for the heads up! Gonna have to play around with it when we set it up. Sitting in sub zero temps now, easy to dream about hot sun and open waters!!

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up! Gonna have to play around with it when we set it up. Sitting in sub zero temps now, easy to dream about hot sun and open waters!!
Everyone has their own experience, but in my case the one thing I would do differently is to run the tower speaker wires up each side of the tower (left channel up left side, right channel up right side). I thought it would be easy to run them both up the same side (right side, in my case) but it took *forever*. The tower tube itself is completely open, but there's this small, off angle and odd-shaped interface between the tower and where it sits against the hull. Just a quirk of how the geometries come together. One channel was ok but it was barely wide enough to fit the two sheathed wires through there. I must have spent 2 hours on just that part and wondered at times if I would damage something.

If I did it again, I would just run each channel up the left or right side, respectively. It seems more complicated but would have been so much easier.

I ran the guide wires using magnets, and that part worked well for me.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Everyone has their own experience, but in my case the one thing I would do differently is to run the tower speaker wires up each side of the tower (left channel up left side, right channel up right side). I thought it would be easy to run them both up the same side (right side, in my case) but it took *forever*. The tower tube itself is completely open, but there's this small, off angle and odd-shaped interface between the tower and where it sits against the hull. Just a quirk of how the geometries come together. One channel was ok but it was barely wide enough to fit the two sheathed wires through there. I must have spent 2 hours on just that part and wondered at times if I would damage something.

If I did it again, I would just run each channel up the left or right side, respectively. It seems more complicated but would have been so much easier.

I ran the guide wires using magnets, and that part worked well for me.
Not sure what the differences are between the two towers, but I didn't have much difficulty running both wire on the same side.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well story time.........
Last year at a local sand bar beach my sound system batteries died. Silly half drunken me decided to shut off sound system, and start boat to be sure boat would start when it was time to go (even though my batteries are not connected). 45 minutes later on dropping tide I went to shut boat off, and heard shells and pebbles being chopped up in impeller. Well shit. Fast forward two weeks to next outing and I noticed a rattling sound that's not normal, and the boat had bad cavitation getting on plane. Way worse then normal supercharged yamahas cavitation. We just dealt with it because it was the end of our season anyway (went out 1 more week and that's it). Fast forward to now...... I have the boat home and decide well Capt Leon's video is super simple...... Hahaha. Not. So our 2020 and up boats are not the same. So let's show what I did....

First you unhook steering rod and get it out way, and then shift rod on top of bucket. Super simple start. Then there are 4 bolts holding the bucket assembly on. Remove those and the whole bucket comes right off. Just like Leon's video. However, this is what you now see.....
20220316_175416.jpg

A whole new housing needs to be removed. Ok no problem. It's only 4 more of the same size bolts, and 1 little one. Done....

20220316_175422.jpg

One problem.... There's no pry points like there is on first housing. So I tried all kinds of tools with no luck. Ding ding let's buy a new tool....

20220317_152527.jpg

It's actually a nail remover, but the 90° has is key here. I put it behind housing and pryed using transom. Boom popped right loose....
20220317_152537.jpg

Now I have the whole Damn assembly in garage and ready for inspection. I don't see any major dings, chunks, or bends in impeller so that's good. However, wear ring has quite a bit of grooves or scratches in it....
20220317_153055.jpg

That's where I'm currently stuck. No clue how to pull impeller out to get to wear ring, and Damn sure no clue how to get ring out. I'm taking it to a local jet ski shop tomorrow hoping they can get it right for me. Just gonna cost me a bit more then doing myself. I'm thinking though that all this daylight I can see between ring and impeller is not good
20220317_165456.jpg