• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Is it helpful with load caused cavitation? What I mean is having a full crew and a little ballast causes a bit of cavitation on start up for me. Takes a bit for the boat speed to be enough to reduce the cavitation.
Yes, thats one of the main draws about the L13. Same performance if the boat is empty or fully loaded. I usually have 2 adults (400ish pounds) 1 kid, and two dogs (250 pounds) and I never have any cavitation. Even if its just me, no cavitation.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, thats one of the main draws about the L13. Same performance if the boat is empty or fully loaded. I usually have 2 adults (400ish pounds) 1 kid, and two dogs (250 pounds) and I never have any cavitation. Even if its just me, no cavitation.
Thank you for the reply!

mcp9044

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Holt what site sent you the wrong oil filter? want to make sure I don't order from them.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Had the whole weekend off for once in my life (had to request it off awhile back 🤣🤣🤣). We had a local boat party event that happens once I year I wanted to go to. However, didn't take our boat. Wife was preoccupied so I rode with a buddy on his boat. Great turnout for a hot day 100°.Anyway this is just a small portion of the boats....
20220716_151450.jpg

Sunday the wife and I hit a local beach we frequent. Amazing spot. Got there early and had the beach to ourselves for about an hour. Silence was amazing....
20220717_110835.jpg
20220717_110624.jpg

Did have a small issue I'll be looking into today after work though. So our Conext locked us out of all audio. Half way to beach it just lost all Bluetooth signal. Thought it was my phone, but after playing with it at beach I found we were locked out......
20220717_132113.jpg

So I didn't mess with it to much there (without the kids we really could care less if we have a radio. We normally bring a jbl bluetooth speaker on beach because it's waaayyy less obnoxious 🤣). What I did was obviously turn batteries off for a bit first. Turned them back on.... Same. So I turned them back off, and disconnected conext harness from back of conext. Turn batteries back on, and plug harness back in. Same lock out. So today I'll be trying some more stuff including pulling fusion unit out of swim deck. I'll keep yall informed on if and how I fix it.....

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Had the whole weekend off for once in my life (had to request it off awhile back 🤣🤣🤣). We had a local boat party event that happens once I year I wanted to go to. However, didn't take our boat. Wife was preoccupied so I rode with a buddy on his boat. Great turnout for a hot day 100°.Anyway this is just a small portion of the boats....
View attachment 182961

Sunday the wife and I hit a local beach we frequent. Amazing spot. Got there early and had the beach to ourselves for about an hour. Silence was amazing....
View attachment 182962
View attachment 182963

Did have a small issue I'll be looking into today after work though. So our Conext locked us out of all audio. Half way to beach it just lost all Bluetooth signal. Thought it was my phone, but after playing with it at beach I found we were locked out......
View attachment 182964

So I didn't mess with it to much there (without the kids we really could care less if we have a radio. We normally bring a jbl bluetooth speaker on beach because it's waaayyy less obnoxious 🤣). What I did was obviously turn batteries off for a bit first. Turned them back on.... Same. So I turned them back off, and disconnected conext harness from back of conext. Turn batteries back on, and plug harness back in. Same lock out. So today I'll be trying some more stuff including pulling fusion unit out of swim deck. I'll keep yall informed on if and how I fix it.....
Look forward to hearing your diagnosis- Lee occasionally have this issue intermittently, but turning off battery switch then back on seems to reset. Other times it’s just poor cell signals when streaming music.

Brett_Jeep

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
View attachment 182961

View attachment 182962
View attachment 182963

View attachment 182964

It’s probably the radio 20 amp fuse blown next to your battery. The swim deck main radio unit has no power correct? I had the same problem two weeks ago. Two minute repair. You have three fuses mounted next to your battery switch, radio is the lower of the three.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well tried diagnostic on head unit. Got nothing. Pulled unit and cleaned up.... Reinstall..... No power to unit. Checked all fuses.... Nothing blown. Damn it

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s probably the radio 20 amp fuse blown next to your battery. The swim deck main radio unit has no power correct? I had the same problem two weeks ago. Two minute repair. You have three fuses mounted next to your battery switch, radio is the lower of the three.
All three fuses not blown. Head unit powered on before I pulled it out just now. Reinstall and nothing

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All three fuses not blown. Head unit powered on before I pulled it out just now. Reinstall and nothing
Did you try to use the main menu on the HU to delete your current phone then re-pair it to the unit ?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you try to use the main menu on the HU to delete your current phone then re-pair it to the unit ?
Oh yeah. Head unit doesn't even have any phones listed anymore. That was before. Now it won't even power on

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh yeah. Head unit doesn't even have any phones listed anymore. That was before. Now it won't even power on
Oh snap!!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh snap!!

Yep sucks. I'm dripping wet in sweat so no more today. Tomorrow I'll try messing with it again, but may end up needing new fusion unit

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey man.... Have no answers for you but I'd thought I'd let you know. The MAPA Powerboating for a Cure poker run is in Northfolk/VA Beach this weekend. I'll be there with a big group. Boats will be docked at the Waterside District.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey man.... Have no answers for you but I'd thought I'd let you know. The MAPA Powerboating for a Cure poker run is in Northfolk/VA Beach this weekend. I'll be there with a big group. Boats will be docked at the Waterside District.
I did hear about it. We had a local boat party last weekend and a bunch of the go fast guys were taking about it. We stay away from those type "washing machine water" events 🤣🤣🤣. Our boats way to small to run with the big boys. I may try to check it out though via truck. We'll be at the Narrows Sunday celebrating my daughter's bday.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well it's definitely my Fusion head unit. I've checked every fuse on this boat, and nothing blown. Pulled head unit, cleaned all pins and connections..... Nothing. Yesterday I disassembled the whole unit, and found some salt water corrosion. I'm guessing that's it. Guessing. I even straight wired it directly to battery. Nope. Multimeter tested harness, and I do indeed have power to the unit. So I have a new fusion unit (exact same) coming. Should be here by end of the week. Guess we'll see if that fixes the issue 🤣🤣🤣. Anyway here's some pics from the inside of the unit. Not horrible at all. Definitely gonna seal the new unit better. 5200 that bitch 🤣🤣

20220719_151746.jpg

20220719_151803.jpg

20220719_152639.jpg

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well it's definitely my Fusion head unit. I've checked every fuse on this boat, and nothing blown. Pulled head unit, cleaned all pins and connections..... Nothing. Yesterday I disassembled the whole unit, and found some salt water corrosion. I'm guessing that's it. Guessing. I even straight wired it directly to battery. Nope. Multimeter tested harness, and I do indeed have power to the unit. So I have a new fusion unit (exact same) coming. Should be here by end of the week. Guess we'll see if that fixes the issue 🤣🤣🤣. Anyway here's some pics from the inside of the unit. Not horrible at all. Definitely gonna seal the new unit better. 5200 that bitch 🤣🤣

View attachment 183123

View attachment 183124

View attachment 183125
Thanks for all the great updates as usual! Wow not much corrosion at all. Pretty clean! Not dealing with salt so fingers crossed mine holds up

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for all the great updates as usual! Wow not much corrosion at all. Pretty clean! Not dealing with salt so fingers crossed mine holds up
Salt or no salt is definitely worth pulling it and resealing it.

Jashworth03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Little update on what I finished yesterday after work. Forgot to post this in original post, but did the JBP Seadek walkover pads and engine hatch pad. The engine hatch pad was removed on test drive at dealer, and will probably never go back in the boat. Our old boat you had to walk on rear sun deck, and step on rear seat to get in the boat. Hated that. Cushions always ripped. So love the yamaha walkover. These make it even better :
View attachment 106341

Now to the fun stuff. So my port rear under seat is full of electronics as you all see. It's great to have it all in one spot. Lose storage space, but we have all we need in the other compartments anyway so no big deal there. Now I did something from my old car show days :
View attachment 106342

Spayed the legs with this stuff to prevent water from eating up the MDF. This is a temporary solution, and may rebuild this over the winter and fiberglass it (same as sub box). We shall see how this holds up next couple outtings:
View attachment 106343

Anyway, here's what I've done. I made a two part false floor for that compartment. Long part goes in first, and then smaller upper section goes in. The whole area gets covered still leaving access to perko switch. Easily fits our 2 neoprene wakeboard jackets, and some extra lines for mooring :
View attachment 106344

Here's a shot of the step up system. It literally lays on top of the big section. Super easy removal and installation. No screws :
View attachment 106345

Back side view showing speaker still exposed :
View attachment 106346

Top view is now super clean :
View attachment 106347

Great way to hide the electronics, and still keep some storage space :
View attachment 106348
I know you don’t use the cushion at all on the engine compartment, but with the sea deck on it, could you still attach and snap the cushion?

id like to have the option of either or!