• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Abaco trip?

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing Berrie. This would be a great trip...and Im definitely up for “intense” lol
It’s a little weird when you’re on your own boat, no other boats in sight, heavy cloud cover, and nothing to see but water. And a storm cell straight ahead that you know you have to go thru. Once all the water around you changes to white caps, you know you’ll have a good time... :D

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Betik That was also in 2017, right? LOL
I think you guys had it a lot worse than me.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It’s a little weird when you’re on your own boat, no other boats in sight, heavy cloud cover, and nothing to see but water. And a storm cell straight ahead that you know you have to go thru. Once all the water around you changes to white caps, you know you’ll have a good time... :D
We boat Lake Michigan and know how to watch a forecast but sometimes they are wrong and you face horrid conditions. What people don't think about is on the bimini run you can't just beach it somewhere and walk away.
Our return trip from bimini was far rougher but my kids loved it... for about 15 minutes. We got pretty wet. It's a looong ride in the rough!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik That was also in 2017, right? LOL
I think you guys had it a lot worse than me.
the only thing I could make was reflection from a type I lifejacket on @Bruce boat ( I think it was Emma’s ). So my crew stood up eating the rain in the face to maintain visual contact while I glued my nose on the GPS.

I am not sure if it was 5 minutes or 20 minutes but it felt like an eternity.
To make things worse until that time we had kept an eye on @Valerie and her ski but she disappeared real fast. Kind of heart breaking knowing that you cannot turn around and simply hope that she will just keep up. And boy she kept up as if it was a walk on the park. sure enough we exited the storm and all vessels were accounted.

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
the only thing I could make was reflection from a type I lifejacket on @Bruce boat ( I think it was Emma’s ). So my crew stood up eating the rain in the face to maintain visual contact while I glued my nose on the GPS.

I am not sure if it was 5 minutes or 20 minutes but it felt like an eternity.
To make things worse until that time we had kept an eye on @Valerie and her ski but she disappeared real fast. Kind of heart breaking knowing that you cannot turn around and simply hope that she will just keep up. And boy she kept up as if it was a walk on the park. sure enough we exited the storm and all vessels were accounted.
A group of us went to Bimini in 17 also. All on jetskis, 16 total. It gets real freaky knowing you’re in 2500ft of water and as far as the eye can see there’s nothing but water and white caps. reports said 3-5ft seas. that turned into 6-8 And took about 4.5 hours.
the worse part for me was that my 51yo wife was on her own ski and I was afraid that any minute she was going to give up Or get taken off her ski by one of the many waves we ate that day. but she toughed it out and like she says, she earned her man card.
once there we had one of the best trips ever from what we’ve heard. Seas died down to probably no worse than 1-2ft. Had a blast and for the rest of that week and hit many other islands. The ride back to Miami was a breeze. Maybe 1.5 hours.
all in all, I would do it again weather permitting, but This time it will be on the new 24ft ski 👍

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If youre looking to do Abacos 2022, my family would be in. We've already done Bimini several times. Twice with this group and solo another 3 times. Bimini is beautiful, but getting stale for us, we'd like to explore more of the Bahamas.
I’d be interested in a 2022 crossing. Keep us informed.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I attached an aeronautical chart showing the routing Robert. Its 175NM all the way to Marsh Harbor and 154NM if you just go to Treasure Cay. Definitely doable.
What are we going there by VORs now?