• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 FSH Shore Land’r Trailer loading issues

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll join the club with my 2022 210 FSH. It's at the dealer with a list of things to check out. I'm having a problem with my live well not filling up to what I consider to be full, so I'm not able to balance the boat as of yet. I do have a trolling motor on it, and have tried to load everything heavy on the starboard side of the boat.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine lists to port as others have mentioned. The livewell evens it out when full.
Since I replaced my house battery with a LiFePO4 battery the list way less, so much so in fact that when the live well is full I have had to move my three down rigger balls into the battery compartment to even things out and I still notice an ever so slight list to starboard now with the live well full so I’m sure this helping the boat to load more evenly, but, the other day I did need to do a quick stop between the ramp and the parking area to even it out a bit, it didn’t help that the launching dock had not been put in the lake yet.

Last edited:

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have fought the left fender issue since day one with my boat. I did reach the point of being able to keep it off of it but it was still a little too close for comfort. There were times it took multiple attempts having to back in the water to adjust position and then if I wasn’t careful I could even go too far and be on the right fender. The margin for error was way too tight in my opinion. Even perfectly level there was very little clearance over the fenders on both sides. I recently added a trolling motor which made this problem even worse. I can still use my same old techniques of filling the live well and not walking down the port side to keep off the fender but after trailering it always shifts and ends up on it anyways. I have tried keeping the starboard strap tighter and pretty much everything else others have suggested and it hasn’t changed a thing. If I was the only one struggling with this then I would say it’s simply error on my part but in my opinion there just isn’t enough clearance provided for these boats and it needs to be addressed by Yamaha. Early on I tried to adjust the fenders to gain some clearance but they are essentially fixed with no adjustment. After looking at the trailer construction recently I realized that lifting the entire trailer off of the axle assembly would give me the clearance I needed. I bought some longer u-bolts and two pieces of 1 x 3 x 72 aluminum bar and lifted my trailer 1”. I now have plenty of clearance on both sides. It still needs to be tested for loading which I hope to get done this weekend but I see no reason this isn’t going to work out perfectly. View attachment 149180View attachment 149181View attachment 149182View attachment 149183
I believe this is the only way that makes sense. I was looking at mine the other day and this is exactly what I was thinking of doing. With mine is loaded. Perfect there is about a quarter of an inch of clearance on each side. It is ridiculous to think that you need to load your boat that perfectly. This is the way I will be fixing mine also. I hope it works great for you!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll join the club with my 2022 210 FSH. It's at the dealer with a list of things to check out. I'm having a problem with my live well not filling up to what I consider to be full, so I'm not able to balance the boat as of yet. I do have a trolling motor on it, and have tried to load everything heavy on the starboard side of the boat.
Is your live well not filling up to the overflow drain?

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I adjusted the left side rear trailer bunk. Bringing it towards center one notch on the back attachment bolt. After that, it usually centers up during loading, if not, it centers up over a short period of driving, every time.

Sherwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine always sits port heavy. I put boat buckles on my trailer. After I ratchet the boat buckles down, I can get another 2 clicks on the main hand winch. Tighten the buckles again, another click on the hand winch. That always shifts it over. Hit one last click on the rear buckles. Hit the road.

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I picked up my 222 FSH Sport E yesterday. Didn’t figure my first post would be about the trailer. I have the port lean as discussed. It was level leaving the dealer, but 20 minutes into the trip to the lake it was leaning. Did not touch fender but it was leaning.

This is my 4th boat plus I have had a race car for 20 years so I’m pretty experienced to dragging stuff around the southeast. I’m not real impressed with the Shoreland’r not just because if the lean.

My premium “Aluminum” trailer is only partly aluminum. All of the crossmembers are galvanized (verified with a magnet). I’m not sure the advantage of aluminum rails if the crossmembers rot out.

The manual reverse lockout is a joke. To have to get out and stick a little key in the slot that doesn’t want to stay there is goofy

It doesn’t track great at 70mph. Now it’s possible this is just due to the expansive sides that catch more wind so I guess I can’t for certain ding it for that.

By comparison my Trailex aluminum race car trailer with surge brakes is: all aluminum, has a solenoid wired to reverse light for backing and tracks better.

However, after just 2-1/2 hours I rate the boat as awesome.

Cheers

Randy