• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A couple more pictures.
Unfortunately it's going to be raining here for the next 3 or 4 days so I won't be able to take it out or take the cover off.

Attachments

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Picking my 252fsh up Next week . Has anyone looked into trolling motor mounts yet ?
So I spoke with my dealer today about it because I plan on getting trolling motor installed.

He showed me the mount that comes with the boat but it's not large enough for a 72-in shaft so they are custom-making mounts.

He's also going to install a quick disconnect so I can easily take it off to put the cover on.

Last edited:

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
So I spoke with my dealer today about it because I plan on getting trolling motor installed.

He showed me the mount that comes with the boat but it's not large enough for a 72-in shaft so they are custom-making mounts.

He's also going to install a quick disconnect so I can easily take it off to put the cover on.
Great info on the trolling motor and great pics, thanks for sharing! Can you tell me where you got the cover?

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It was around $1,200 after tax.
I'm not sure about availability.

I guess call and talk to them about it. 😉
Tell them Zack sent you.

It's actually a super nice cover, and very easy to put on by yourself.

I had to take it on and off about five times yesterday to show friends and family the boat, while it was raining.

I'm getting pretty good at it! Only takes about 5 minutes to slap the thing on for take it off.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So the Wetsounds sound system.
Let's talk about it.

It's okay but leaves a lot to be desired.
I'm going to have to add a subwoofer of some sort at the very minimum.
There is little to no bass response.
And, as others have mentioned there's really no settings, or EQ to speak of.
I'll have to install some sort of line to RCA adapter to add any type of amplifier.

I'm thinking of adding in a powered kicker 10" bazooka tube or two. Location is to be determined.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

FamFish

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On my way home!

Just want to say a big thanks to Luke and Duke over at Jetblast in Gulfport Mississippi.

They have been extremely patient and top-notch customer service.
Heck yea. Happy for you man. I been following you story as well. Cover looks great and I took note of your dealer and may ask them to build me one. My boat is scheduled to arrive in October but I know my story may be similar to yours. Fingers crossed!! I see you was not joking when you said I may buy a new Dodge.
Thanks for mentioning the trolling motor mount that comes with the boat is undersized for the 72” shaft. I want a removable mount as well and may call on your dealer for some help with that as well.
Big congratulations and look forward to seeing some pictures on the water.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Let's talk about it.

I'll have to install some sort of line to RCA adapter to add any type of amplifier.

I'm thinking of adding in a powered kicker 10" bazooka tube or two. Location is to be determined.

Thoughts?
There's a guy on YouTube ... TheFSHDude ... that has been going through upgrading and modding his 210. He did some pretty in depth videos on his sound system upgrades. I realize it's not apples to apples but you might get some good insights on where to put things and how to run some of the wires and such. Here's a link to his channel for anyone interested.

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Let's talk about it.

Thoughts?
Yes I heard at another site about stereo. I have had wet sounds on another boat I owned very tin sounding . I have JL 8" sub I will be adding to mine.

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Heck yea. Happy for you man. I been following you story as well. Cover looks great and I took note of your dealer and may ask them to build me one. My boat is scheduled to arrive in October but I know my story may be similar to yours. Fingers crossed!! I see you was not joking when you said I may buy a new Dodge.
Thanks for mentioning the trolling motor mount that comes with the boat is undersized for the 72” shaft. I want a removable mount as well and may call on your dealer for some help with that as well.
Big congratulations and look forward to seeing some pictures on the water.
The mount comes with the boat is perfectly fine for a 72 inch. I have had mine on and been fishing in significant current and chop for the past three weeks. No issues with so ever. In fact, I think it is more solid than the mount that I had on my 190 with a 60 inch motor. But I’m sure it’s the same as it is the same exact mount I believe.

as far as the removable, I’m not even sure they would make one, maybe shuttle slide? But those are pretty expensive. And I’m not sure how they would even work on our narrow gunnels. What I did on my old boat was have the cover retrofitted to go around the mount . Since it sticks out.

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I figured we would have to .

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, just took the boat out for the first time.

Overall, very happy.
I went ahead and ordered Thrust Vectors, to help with maneuverability.
glad you got out. Great isn’t it?

I was blown away by the great maneuverability. I come from a 190 that was all over the place. This boat is a joy. I’ve had zero issue in wind around the dock and lift.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thrust Vectors installed.
60" Black Guide Posts installed.
Magma Kettle 3 onboard.
VHF Radio w/GPS onboard.

Final decision on subwoofer upgrade incoming.
Drone footage this weekend incoming.

Time for fun. 😎

Attachments

Last edited:

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
glad you got out. Great isn’t it?

I was blown away by the great maneuverability. I come from a 190 that was all over the place. This boat is a joy. I’ve had zero issue in wind around the dock and lift.
The boat is unbelievable.
When I went out there was 3 ft chop, and I was cutting through it at 38 to 40 miles an hour like butter.

Last edited:

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Zackdadams a little unrelated, but I saw one post up that you have a magma kettle on board. I just purchased one too and set it up via the rod holder. I have not used it yet, but have some questions because I'm thinking about selling it and purchasing the table top version instead:

- how are you storing the grill since it does not sit flat? are you spinning it off the rod mount OR are you unscrewing the flame thing inside and takin it off the arm that way?
- the grease tray does not have a large space between the kettle so I'm wondering how are you not to getting grease everywhere? do you have to remove that too?

It seems like a very popular grill so that is why I purchased, but wrong if the table top will be easier!

MnH1325

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For those who have taken delivery. The website says the t top is outrigger ready. Does there indeed seem to be a place. I can not see where there is reinforcements.