• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just installed a Kicker KMC5 this past weekend and it's amazing. Surprizingly it adds bass to my poor man's Kicker speakers. I had issues with the unit powering up and then off so I had them send me a replacement but was too impatient to wait so I got it to work. Anyway, they let me have the second unit for a discount so I purchased to install it on my brother's Pursuit. However these fancy boats use a remote unit at the helm (the main headunit is mounted inside the cabin) so the KMC5 does not fit where his current unit is.

Anyway, if any of you are interested I am going to list this second unit in the classified ads section later this week. The unit is new, wiring harnesses are all new except for the adapter where I trimmed back the 12v/ground and 1 set of speaker wires. It also comes with only the chrome faceplate and no backing sticker since I used it on my boat. That said I am going to let it go for around $400-450 or pretty much what they sold it to me for.

IMG_5827.JPG

Last edited:

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
One more thing.
The included ice chest is really nice but also really small. Barely holds one large bag of ice.

I was in a hurry to get out this weekend so I ran by Walmart and picked up a Yeti knockoff.

It's 77 quarts, was only $170 and has held the ice for about 4 days now. It said on the description that it held ice for 9 days but I find that hard to believe.
However for the price, Super happy with it!
It fits perfectly under the seat.

I believe the brand was called Lifetime.
Hey Zack - are you talking about the ice chest up front under the seat being small? Does the boat come with the Yamaha cooler shown in most pictures under the captain's chair? Thanks for keeping us posted!

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My dealer is incredible.
Dropped off the boat Monday morning for its 10 hour servicing and I'm heading to go pick it up right now.

Most of the time for 10 hour servicing it's at least a week or two.

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I took delivery of a 255 a couple of weeks ago. Are used the factory mount that comes with the boat and it worked perfectly. Minnkota 112 pounds 72 inch. It is the perfect size, I wouldn’t go any smaller than that.
I'm going to take your guys word on the shaft length. My dealer put 60" on the order, so I'll get it changed. I wont be seeing anytime in the next month anyway according to the backorder problems.

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On my way home!

Just want to say a big thanks to Luke and Duke over at Jetblast in Gulfport Mississippi.

They have been extremely patient and top-notch customer service.
Great to see it with the cover! I have one but don't expect to ever use it unless I travel with the boat. Mine stays in a garage all year.

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have you gotten a good feel for your range/gas mileage? I know the FSH has the biggest tank of all the Yamahas.....was just curious what real world stats you are seeing.
I was able to get roughly 29 hours out of my first tank. Now thats very subjective to how II drove the boat. The first 10 hours were quite calm. The next 20 were trolling, and running around the lake looking for fish to drop or troll over. I did have 14 gallons left when I filled it back up based on pump amount. I will say this, I filled up on the trailer at a "normal" gas station, not on a marina dock. It took 3 credit cards and $60 cash to pay for filling it up since the pump limits were $65 for a debit card, and $85 for a credit card! 100 gallons of gas at one time aint easy to do!

MnH1325

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Gentlemen, Thoughts on outriggers..Is the top reinforced to add them as the website mentions. Haven’t seen any talk about them.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The website does say it's outrigger ready.
You would have to ask one of the dealers for a definitive answer though.

When jet boat pilot did a test on the 255 FSH, they mentioned something about not connecting a wakeboard to the Tower until they heard from Yamaha if it was indeed braced up for it.

That's not something I'm going to be doing on my boat.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Kicker KMC5 installed!
It sounds amazing!
Very good mid and bass response now!

It was quite complicated to install and I will be posting the thorough walkthrough very soon.

This also allows me to do my next upgrade:
Wet Sounds 12" subwoofer and amp.
I've already ordered it should be here next week.

Attachments

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Kicker KMC5 installed!
It sounds amazing!
Very good mid and bass response now!

It was quite complicated to install and I will be posting the thorough walkthrough very soon.

This also allows me to do my next upgrade:
Wet Sounds 12" subwoofer and amp.
I've already ordered it should be here next week.
Will you be utilizing the NMEA capabilities to hook it up to the Simrad? I’m wondering what the interface might be like there. If there’s an option to display a rear facing camera on the simrad for random water sports days, it might be much cooler than the several hundred dollar rear view mirror Yamaha is peddling on their site lol. At least that’s how I would justify it to my wife ;)

Looking forward to the full write up. I’m1st on the list for a 2022 252 FSH at Cycle Springs in Clearwater FL and they’re telling me anywhere between August and October for delivery but I might pull the plug and grab this while they’re available.

Last edited:

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Will you be utilizing the NMEA capabilities to hook it up to the Simrad? I’m wondering what the interface might be like there. If there’s an option to display a rear facing camera on the simrad for random water sports days, it might be much cooler than the several hundred dollar rear view mirror Yamaha is peddling on their site lol. At least that’s how I would justify it to my wife
Hmm. I'm not sure I'll have to investigate!
Yeah the rear view camera is something I'm going to do soon!

But before that I'll be adding my solar panel system. 😎

Last edited:

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I’m so fricking jealous. Still waiting.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length

I was thinking about that as well to offset the power consumption on the sand bar after a morning of trolling. Looking forward to your insight there with your expertise and all!

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nope!
Ordered from BoatUS.

If you have a membership, it's an additional 5% off.