• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone felt the need to add a backup/secondary bilge pump? That’s something else I’ve been considering…
I've considered it also, but at the minimum I'll be keeping a spare onboard.
Just need more storage.
Sigh. You never have enough.

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
36volt 72"shaft lithium battery looks great mounting was not fun

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just had mine out off Tybee Island last week. It handled great! Swells were around 4 ft with 2ish ft intervals and she did fine. The wife and daughter moved to the backseats but besides that it was good.
Just came back from Galveston offshore fishing the rigs did great 3-4 footers handled it like a boss

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I ordered this really cool new anchor that fits in the 5 gallon bucket.

It seems to be only rated for boats up to 22 ft but as a secondary anchor when I'm sitting at the sandbar it's working pretty good.

If I were going to stay overnight I would probably bring a third larger anchor but for these little island trips it works perfectly.
Your as bad as I am 😂

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How do you adjust the throttle? My STBD likes to bump back slightly leaving anywhere from a 500-1500 gap in RPM's when not using Ride Steady for engine sync.
Mine does it also making dealer fix it

TexAg-00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just came back from Galveston offshore fishing the rigs did great 3-4 footers handled it like a boss
Awesome! Can’t wait to drag mine down there and do the same. I’m equidistant between Freeport and Galveston so I may go out of Freeport (but I digress). How far out did you go? Did you have a VHF? (fixed or portable). You may have posted details on that in another thread- apologies if that’s a redundant question. Any other offshore “tools/toys” you equipped your FSH with? Did you have any luck fishing? My primary goal is to locate mahi on a weedline… maybe even snag a few kings or wahoo depending on how far out I go. I definitely feel like my 255FSH is up to the task!

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well let me say fishing sucked . Portable vhf listening to the local guides chatter it was a struggle . Salinity levels where way down . Thrust vectors and motorguide xI5 was a huge help around jetties and rigs . Bought a 16lb fluke which handled anchoring great. If your going live shrimp get some mesh for live well drain it gets clogged up and runs over . We where out around 20 miles fuel mpg was better than expected . It was a great first adventure

Attachments

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Awesome! Can’t wait to drag mine down there and do the same. I’m equidistant between Freeport and Galveston so I may go out of Freeport (but I digress). How far out did you go? Did you have a VHF? (fixed or portable). You may have posted details on that in another thread- apologies if that’s a redundant question. Any other offshore “tools/toys” you equipped your FSH with? Did you have any luck fishing? My primary goal is to locate mahi on a weedline… maybe even snag a few kings or wahoo depending on how far out I go. I definitely feel like my 255FSH is up to the task!
Also added JL 10" sub JL4 channel amp and 2 more wet sounds in the side . Also added 3 and 1 transducer for side scanning . B.o.a.t. break out another thousand

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
has Anyone added a Bimini top yet?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boating Mag just had a mini review on a few of those “shades”. Per their review you can do 30 with the Taco shade installed.

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Boating Mag just had a mini review on a few of those “shades”. Per their review you can do 30 with the Taco shade installed.

Thank you

YamSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes in front of tower, and the box on the floor in bow
My head storage does not drain either.. Just a constant puddle in front of the drain. Does this flow to the engine compartment..