• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Models

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
How did you like your Glastron/BRP?

Any issues with it? That looks like a nice smaller boat. What did it seat comfortably about 6-7?
It was love/hate. I think the GTS187 is a very sharp boat. We got plenty of compliments. I was a BRP fan, I grew up in Sturtevant, Wisconsin where BRP is located. I mean they make aircraft motors and bad ass cart motors.

It ran great for 49 hours. I broke her in never going over 5k rpm and varying the rpm never going a steady rpm for long stretches, just had instructed. We bought her in mid-July and it was end of season exactly at 20 hours, so we had the oil changed and had it winterized.

Last summer it was great. We just finished a great trip to Stockton Lake mid-July where we shredded the lake on wakeboards. A week later on our home lake, Blue Springs Lake, it showed a “check engine” code. I told my wife, no big deal that is usually emissions related and we were getting close to the end of the season.

Went to leave the cove and head in and I couldn’t go over 2,500 rpm without it dying. So we limped across the lake, but it just died mid-lake and wouldn’t even turnover. It was clearly not the battery and we had to be towed in.

I baby my stuff and it never ran even slightly rough, just stopped as if it were turned off at the ignition. They tried resetting the system to no avail. Their initial diagnosis was continuity across the electrical harness. They replaced that, no go. They then tried a new ECU which cleared the code, but they said it was showing a slight miss. That was late Fall and when I checked in on it Dec 12, they said they weren’t sure what to do. There was a leaky valve cover gasket so they changed that thinking somehow maybe that was fouling out a plug. Of course, that did noting except fix the leak which should never be there at 49 hours.

Didn’t hear anything until I finally got ahold of them in April. They said BRP was suggesting a leak-down test. I hadn’t even heard of that. It tests the integrity of all the seals in each cylinder. Cylinder 2 failed and they thought it might be leaking into #1, but then #1 should be showing some leakage and did not. They decided it had to be a valve issue.

The Service Manager told them to cut open the oil filter. When they did they found small metal pieces in it. They then requested a new motor. The claim sat at BRP for a month as the guy who was working it got let go as part of the Evinrude group being laid off. My dealer followed up and the new motor was instantly approved and shipped within days.

The new motor was finished last month and tested out to specs in and out of the lake. By then I’d had enough of the boat, lost confidence in Glastron and BRP. We felt we should be compensated for not having a boat for a year. I guess I am a whiner, but we’d paid $40k for 4 months of boating over two years.

I had filed a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General last September. When I was told it needed a new motor, through the AG I proposed the dealer take back our boat and get us into a Yamaha 195 as we would not ever be happy with our boat. The owner agreed.

It was tough as the new motor went in and they had no Yamahas to get us into. They said your boat is fixed, let us know when you are coming to pick it up. We were like what about the new boat. I seemed that nobody cared. I was treated like a guy who just wanted to trade his two year old boat for a new one.

So we met with a top Consumer Protection Lawyer early this week. He said he thought we had a very winnable case, we might not get a refund, but we would almost certainly get damages and attorney’s fees rewarded. However, he recommended we reach out one more time and see if we could resolve it with the dealer since we were so close. His consultation was free so that was respectable.

I sent an email to the Sales Manager, Service Manager and Owner reminding of the agreement to get us into a Yamaha. I mentioned we had a talked to the guy and we weren’t going to keep waiting. I said we needed to hear by the end of next week.

The Owner responded within 3 hours and said he told his Sales Manager to tighten up the deal and try to get us into a new boat. The SM contacted me within hours. After giving him our payoff, he came back with a offer $10,000 over listed trade (which was low, especially with a new supercharge motor, but it was at least $5,000 over). It was good enough for us to walk away from our loan without having to pay anything.

Then he said we could have the 212s they just got in for $60k OTD or we could wait for the 195s for $44k OTD that is due in by the end of the month. It was a tough decision as I’ve loved the 195 and that’s what we’d been waiting for. We chose the 212s and we pick-up her up next Saturday. She’s being prepped. So excited!!

Last edited:

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I assume this was covered under the base warranty?? Is the extended warranty needed/important for a 21 ft Yamaha ?

andyE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does the 252XE have the “drive control/drive by wire”, push-button wakebooster and ballast?? I can’t seem to find that info anywhere....if it has all three that is a pretty good value......
Difference between the XD and XE is Electronic Power Steering and the Drive system.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I assume this was covered under the base warranty?? Is the extended warranty needed/important for a 21 ft Yamaha ?
Everything was covered under the base warranty, it just took a year to get it diagnosed and repaired.

Many say the extended warranty isn’t necessary for Yamahas. I agree that if you go a year without any trouble, you should be good for another 4 without; however, our boat died and need a new motor TWO weeks after the one year anniversary. We had the extended, but the BRP base warranty is three years so it fell under that. So that rule of thumb obviously doesn’t always come through. Would have hated not having under warranty and having to replace the motor in boat with 49 hours and just barely over a year old.

I think we are going with the extended (YES) on our new 212s. I’ve been told you can wait up to 9 months after the sale to add YES. So we may do that, but with two motors, I am not inclined to risk it go without after our experience with the Glastron.

That said, we had a SeaDoo with two motors that was 10 years with no hour meters. It ran great, both motors pretty much always started and we sold it 6 years later for what we paid. It was a 2 stroke with manual choke. I was pretty good at getting it to fire up even when cold or at the beginning of the season. It was nice that it was always garage in a climate-controlled environment.

TONYSSCREWS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I looked closer at the 25' line. I didn't realize the AR250 featured twin 1.8 HO motors. I thought you had to go to the 252 to get that engine package. So I do not exactly understand what you actually get for the extra $14K by going from the AR250 to the 252s. It's only two grand to go from the AR195 to the 195s and less than three to go from the AR212 to the 212s. What gives?

That said, we have worked a deal with our dealer. They are throwing us $10,000 over published trade-in on the Glastron GTS187 we want to get out of. To make that deal happen we need to execute a deal on a new Yamaha. That leaves the 212s they just got in or the 195s they are expecting in the next two weeks. Either way, neither model will fit in our garage like the GTS187 did. That was a huge reason I sought out the GTS187, supercharged jet-power and just squeaked in the garage door. I've always loved the AR195, but I really like the idea of two motors. I understand the price jump from the 195s to the 212s because you get another 1.8L HO motor which has to run at least $10K, probably more, just by itself. Add in the extra 2' of hull and $14,000 seems about right.

There are less expensive 21" boats that are nice like the Chaparral and Cobalt. Cobalt is a customer of mine and I strongly considered them, but then I wouldn't get the compensation for my Glastron being out for a year and would have to sell it outright on my own. I am excited to be a Yamaha owner.
Just to make sure you're clear ..... The difference between the AR210 and 212S is actually $11K, not $3k

The 21' AR is the AR210 and only has twin TR1 engines (130Hp x 2 = 260Hp) and is $46K

The 21' 212 does not have a tower (only has a bimini top) but has the twin 1.8L HO engines (180Hp x 2 = 360Hp) and is $53,700

The 21' 212S has the tower with twin 1.8L HO engines (180Hp x 2 = 360Hp) and is $57k

The 19' 195S is their top of the line 19' boat and has a single 1.8L SVHO (supercharged 250Hp) and is $41K

So if you want a boat with the wake-board tower and can do @49-54mph then the 19' will cost ya $41k and the 212S will cost $16k more at $57k (sticker price). And for comparison the 25' AR250 is $61k and has the same 1.8L HO engines (180Hp x 2 = 360Hp). It is over 3' longer, has a head and more storage. Hope that helps ya.

burgjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was nice that it was always garage in a climate-controlled environment.
What is your plan for storage for your new 212? i'm kinda in the same boat(195 vs 212). I've been lurking and will purchase in 1-2 years. I like that i may be able to fit the 195s in my garage, but i have a 4runner so i don't think it can tow a 212. if i lean towards the 21ft, i'd have to trade in for a full size truck and as far as storage goes, my parents have a paved area beside their garage for their 27 ft class c RV, which they'd have no problem with me using the extra area for a boat.

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
View attachment 128388

2021 SX195. I picked it up last Friday.

My garage opening is 82" and it fits.
Im new to jet boating. I Ordered the same model and color. Can you post some more pics, would love to see the interior. Also, how does it drive? power, handling, towing... would love to hear your feedback.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
It was love/hate. I think the GTS187 is a very sharp boat. We got plenty of compliments. I was a BRP fan, I grew up in Sturtevant, Wisconsin where BRP is located. I mean they make aircraft motors and bad ass cart motors.

It ran great for 49 hours. I broke her in never going over 5k rpm and varying the rpm never going a steady rpm for long stretches, just had instructed. We bought her in mid-July and it was end of season exactly at 20 hours, so we had the oil changed and had it winterized.

Last summer it was great. We just finished a great trip to Stockton Lake mid-July where we shredded the lake on wakeboards. A week later on our home lake, Blue Springs Lake, it showed a “check engine” code. I told my wife, no big deal that is usually emissions related and we were getting close to the end of the season.

Went to leave the cove and head in and I couldn’t go over 2,500 rpm without it dying. So we limped across the lake, but it just died mid-lake and wouldn’t even turnover. It was clearly not the battery and we had to be towed in.

I baby my stuff and it never ran even slightly rough, just stopped as if it were turned off at the ignition. They tried resetting the system to no avail. Their initial diagnosis was continuity across the electrical harness. They replaced that, no go. They then tried a new ECU which cleared the code, but they said it was showing a slight miss. That was late Fall and when I checked in on it Dec 12, they said they weren’t sure what to do. There was a leaky valve cover gasket so they changed that thinking somehow maybe that was fouling out a plug. Of course, that did noting except fix the leak which should never be there at 49 hours.

Didn’t hear anything until I finally got ahold of them in April. They said BRP was suggesting a leak-down test. I hadn’t even heard of that. It tests the integrity of all the seals in each cylinder. Cylinder 2 failed and they thought it might be leaking into #1, but then #1 should be showing some leakage and did not. They decided it had to be a valve issue.

The Service Manager told them to cut open the oil filter. When they did they found small metal pieces in it. They then requested a new motor. The claim sat at BRP for a month as the guy who was working it got let go as part of the Evinrude group being laid off. My dealer followed up and the new motor was instantly approved and shipped within days.

The new motor was finished last month and tested out to specs in and out of the lake. By then I’d had enough of the boat, lost confidence in Glastron and BRP. We felt we should be compensated for not having a boat for a year. I guess I am a whiner, but we’d paid $40k for 4 months of boating over two years.

I had filed a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General last September. When I was told it needed a new motor, through the AG I proposed the dealer take back our boat and get us into a Yamaha 195 as we would not ever be happy with our boat. The owner agreed.

It was tough as the new motor went in and they had no Yamahas to get us into. They said your boat is fixed, let us know when you are coming to pick it up. We were like what about the new boat. I seemed that nobody cared. I was treated like a guy who just wanted to trade his two year old boat for a new one.

So we met with a top Consumer Protection Lawyer early this week. He said he thought we had a very winnable case, we might not get a refund, but we would almost certainly get damages and attorney’s fees rewarded. However, he recommended we reach out one more time and see if we could resolve it with the dealer since we were so close. His consultation was free so that was respectable.

I sent an email to the Sales Manager, Service Manager and Owner reminding of the agreement to get us into a Yamaha. I mentioned we had a talked to the guy and we weren’t going to keep waiting. I said we needed to hear by the end of next week.

The Owner responses within 3 hours and said he told his Sales Manager to tighten up the deal and try to get us into a new boat. The SM contacted me within hours. After giving him our payoff, he came back with a offer $10,000 over listed trade (which was low, especially with a new supercharge motor, but it was at least $5,000 over). It was good enough for us to walk away from our loan without having to pay anything.

Then he said we could have the 212s they just got in for $60k OTD or we could wait for the 195s for $44k OTD that is due in by the end of the month. It was a tough decision as I’ve loved the 195 and that’s what we’d been waiting for. We chose the 212s and we pick-up her up next Saturday. She’s being prepped. So excited!!
Thanks for the reply....it sounds like in the end the dealer came though on a fair deal (although it could have been handled better, nothing with the boat was the direct fault of the dealer so it sounds like a good compromise).

That Glastron sure was a sharp boat!

I haven’t owned a boat in 20 years, so just getting back into boating the last 2 Summers (we’ve rented over the last two years). So now I am doing a lot of research and hope to buy next spring (maybe new, maybe used that is why I was asking about your Glastron).

Interesting to hear your issue with BRP. I bought 3 new skidoo snowmobiles in 2017, all with the same 900ACE 4-stroke engine. All three run great, except (1) of them triggers a “check engine” message at start up when it is really cold (like 10 degrees or colder) Then shuts down on its own. The first time it happened we were on a trip that we drove 6 hours to get to, and I wasn’t sure if I should ride it or not. It shut down on its own, I restarted it and no message. It continued to happen every cold morning but each time it re-started and ran fine the rest of the day.

Long story short, I’ve taken it to the dealer 2 times for it and they clear the fault code and can’t get it to duplicate (as when I get it into the dealer the temps outside are not as cold). They have an open file with BRP on it and say that if there is a major engine failure related to this issue they will handle it even though now I am out of warranty.

I hope you enjoy your new Yamaha and give us a report/comparison when you are able to get on the water (I am curios to how the Glastron and Yamaha compare in docking/low speed maneuverability).

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
What is your plan for storage for your new 212? i'm kinda in the same boat(195 vs 212). I've been lurking and will purchase in 1-2 years. I like that i may be able to fit the 195s in my garage, but i have a 4runner so i don't think it can tow a 212. if i lean towards the 21ft, i'd have to trade in for a full size truck and as far as storage goes, my parents have a paved area beside their garage for their 27 ft class c RV, which they'd have no problem with me using the extra area for a boat.
Great question!! That is something I have been struggling mightily with. One of the reasons I bought the Glastron was it was one of three boats that would fit (the AR195 was not one of them). The Glastron has a 7’6” beam and the trailer is just wider than that. I had to make the trim of the garage door removable just to get an inch on each side. I had to have it lined up just right. Get it just in with my truck over the rain ledge and then I would push it the rest of the way.

Even with the tower down, the tow knob and the Bimini knuckles wouldnt quite clear the top; however, if I dropped the tongue all the way down, I could tuck those into the garage and then put it back on the trailer jack. No way I was going to do that by hand, first few times I dropped the tongue onto a hydraulic floor jack and used that to push it in. Then I bought a floor jack at Walmart and an extra ball. I cut the ball stem off and had the ball mounted to the hydraulic jack. Made it very slick to drop the tongue and slide it into the garage and then I could jack it up until the trailer jack swung clear. Then it was easy to push it exactly where I wanted it.

It looked like the garage was built around the boat, but it was nice. Our garage is setup with a/c and heat vents out there so it was dry and never got hot or cold.

Most standard single garage doors are 8’ and the AR195 is 8’ 2” at the beam, it just won’t go. If you have a double door it would, but you may have to be creative like I was because of the tower. I hear the new AR has a tower that folds a little lower so maybe it will be easier. If the 195 would fit, it would have been a no brained for me. You cannot beat storage in your own garage.

Since that’s not an option, we did ultimately go with the 212s as noted. My in-laws have a newer “barn” that has room in the winter, but he uses it too much in the summer and they are in the wrong direction from our “home” lake.

I had been planning to rent a 10x25 storage unit as there are several places that have those right on the way to the lake near our house. However, yesterday I went to check on that and found out they feature 8’ doors too. Seems like a 9’ door, which is a stock door for manufacturers would be used on those units Maybe they wouldn’t have so many vacant. So the boat would fit in the unit, but not in the door. Ugh. There’s a guy in the storage caves near our home for RV and boat storage, but he requires 6 day’s notice and it primarily for winter storage.

For the next months or so, we will keep it in the driveway. Over winter at the in-laws. We have a huge back yard and no HOA, so I am considering putting in a carport in the back yard in the Spring. My concern is the pests and varmints. Also I don’t want to tear up the grass in the front yard and side backing and pulling out. Perhaps if I have a slab poured under the carport it will minimize animals and pests, but I cannot do concrete all the way from the street, so lawn damage is a possibility.

Otherwise, it’s mooring cover and I would probably do a secondary cover of heavy-duty tarp to protect and help the Yamaha cover. I’m sure the Yamaha cover lets in some water around the tower during heavy storms. My bother in-law has a new $90k Moomba that they haven’t had issues like mold or mildew and they never had any with their Chapparal. Both kept outside in the Summer. They are super anal about their stuff like I am. He said you just keep it open after the lake for a few hours or if needed after heavy rain. Trailering uncovered on the way home helps dry it, but we are just a 10 minute drive from our lake.

I would definitely appreciate any feedback from the boat vets that store outside. I’ve heard they sell a thing/device that collects moisture that you keep under a cover. You just empty it and it is reusable. The few people who talked about using them said they worked very well and they’ve never had mildew or mold.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Im new to jet boating. I Ordered the same model and color. Can you post some more pics, would love to see the interior. Also, how does it drive? power, handling, towing... would love to hear your feedback.
This is a bit deceiving. The 82” must be height and the SX not featuring a tower should be fine as far as height. However, you’ll need a 9’ door, which aren’t very common or a double door as the 195 has a 8’ 2” beam and a slightly wider trailer at the axles.

JetBoat1521

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Yeah I love it man. Towing has been a piece of cake. I practiced in an empty parking lot, and was able to get decent at backing up the trailer. Obviously the most stressful part is retrieving. The boat handles great at 8 MPH and above, but is pretty difficult at low speeds. I am definitely going to purchase the THRUST VECTOR X. You almost have no control at 2-3 MPH. I think it'll take some practice. I've taken it out the past two weekends with 4 adults and 2 kids. Plenty of space. Overall, I couldn't be happier with the boat.

I'll take some interior pics for you tomorrow.

IMG_2599.png

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeah I love it man. Towing has been a piece of cake. I practiced in an empty parking lot, and was able to get decent at backing up the trailer. Obviously the most stressful part is retrieving. The boat handles great at 8 MPH and above, but is pretty difficult at low speeds. I am definitely going to purchase the THRUST VECTOR X. You almost have no control at 2-3 MPH. I think it'll take some practice. I've taken it out the past two weekends with 4 adults and 2 kids. Plenty of space. Overall, I couldn't be happier with the boat.

View attachment 130476
She’s a beauty! The boat looks nice too! ;)

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Follow this link and click the "compare" on the boats you want to compare the features of. It will give you the full specifications if each for you to do a full cost comparison.
That is very cool tool and probably right there on the website and I didn’t think to try it. Thank you!!

After review though, it still seems like a lot for the upgrades considering they both feature twin HO motors. I think they are really hoping people want those in water seats. It is a cool idea, but there are already a bunch of very inexpensive options for sitting in the water.

I do with the AR250 was available now. We need to get out of the Glastron and now is the time. Maybe in a few years.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just to make sure you're clear ..... The difference between the AR210 and 212S is actually $11K, not $3k

The 21' AR is the AR210 and only has twin TR1 engines (130Hp x 2 = 260Hp) and is $46K

The 21' 212 does not have a tower (only has a bimini top) but has the twin 1.8L HO engines (180Hp x 2 = 360Hp) and is $53,700

The 21' 212S has the tower with twin 1.8L HO engines (180Hp x 2 = 360Hp) and is $57k

The 19' 195S is their top of the line 19' boat and has a single 1.8L SVHO (supercharged 250Hp) and is $41K

So if you want a boat with the wake-board tower and can do @49-54mph then the 19' will cost ya $41k and the 212S will cost $16k more at $57k (sticker price). And for comparison the 25' AR250 is $61k and has the same 1.8L HO engines (180Hp x 2 = 360Hp). It is over 3' longer, has a head and more storage. Hope that helps ya.
Excellent break down! Thank you! The 3k difference I referred to was btwn the AR212 (not AR210) and the 212s. You point out that price difference in your comparison.

I just don’t see value for the upgrade from AR250 and they 252s without an engine upgrade. In the 19’ and 21’ models when you upgrade to the s, there’s also no motor upgrade and it’s just $2-3k more. When you hit the 25’ line, it’s over $10k. The 252s has a galley and underwater seats which isn’t applicable on the shorter boats, but that’s a significant price jump IMO. I wish the AR250 was available now and we’d be getting that.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent break down! Thank you! The 3k difference I referred to was btwn the AR212 (not AR210) and the 212s. You point out that price difference in your comparison.

I just don’t see value for the upgrade from AR250 and they 252s without an engine upgrade. In the 19’ and 21’ models when you upgrade to the s, there’s also no motor upgrade and it’s just $2-3k more. When you hit the 25’ line, it’s over $10k. The 252s has a galley and underwater seats which isn’t applicable on the shorter boats, but that’s a significant price jump IMO. I wish the AR250 was available now and we’d be getting that.
Man! That’s a tough one. If it was me I’d wait a few months for the AR250. I think you’d be much more happy overall. I’m mean next year when you’re boating and you see someone pull up next to you in a AR250 you might be wishing you would’ve waited...unless storage is an issue and the AR250 will be a few MPH slower. Keep us posted on what you decide.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Man! That’s a tough one. If it was me I’d wait a few months for the AR250. I think you’d be much more happy overall. I’m mean next year when you’re boating and you see someone pull up next to you in a AR250 you might be wishing you would’ve waited...unless storage is an issue and the AR250 will be a few MPH slower. Keep us posted on what you decide.
We went with the 212s. It was between the 195s and the 212s. I got my dealer to take back our 2018 Glastron in trade. They gave us $10,000 over listed trade. We need to get a new boat to make the trade-in (sign over title, apply trade and execute sale).

The deal is now, so we can’t just sit on the Glastron until a AR250 shows up. I hear you on if someone shows up with a 25 footer, but I think we will be ecstatic with our new Yamaha.

TONYSSCREWS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We went with the 212s. It was between the 195s and the 212s. I got my dealer to take back our 2018 Glastron in trade. They gave us $10,000 over listed trade. We need to get a new boat to make the trade-in (sign over title, apply trade and execute sale).

The deal is now, so we can’t just sit on the Glastron until a AR250 shows up. I hear you on if someone shows up with a 25 footer, but I think we will be ecstatic with our new Yamaha.
I think you'll be very happy with the 212S. Especially if you were happy with the smaller 2018 Glastron. I really like the 212S or even 2019-2020 212S or 212X. But my wife insists that we have a head. I really don't understand why Yamaha didn't put a head on the 21' boats. I'd gladly give up a few inches of seat to have a head (or for some a larger storage space). Best of luck with your 212S. Post pics when you pick her up :)

TONYSSCREWS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
As for storage, I'm planning on getting one of these car ports to keep the boat under. It'll protect it from the rain, snow and sun. You can customize these in any width, length and height. You can select a bunch of colors for the roof, sides, trim, etc to match your boat or your house...LOL You can choose partial sides, or fully enclose them with any size garage doors if you want a garage/pole barn style building. You can add windows, one side gable, etc. They offer free shipping and installation. Prices don't look all that bad.

Something like this would work (but taller to accommodate the boat on the trailer)

Last edited:

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
As for storage, I'm planning on getting one of these car ports to keep the boat under. It'll protect it from the rain, snow and sun. You can customize these in any width, length and height. You can select a bunch of colors for the roof, sides, trim, etc to match your boat or your house...LOL You can choose partial sides, or fully enclose them with any size garage doors if you want a garage/pole barn style building. You can add windows, one side gable, etc. They offer free shipping and installation. Prices don't look all that bad.

Something like this would work (but taller to accommodate the boat on the trailer)

Thanks for sharing Tony! I will definitely consider that too. What is that floor? It’s not concrete, is that like a composite tile or panel system? That could definitely help some with critters and pests w/o having to pour a slab. I’m okay with in the drive for the next month and then inside over the winter. But come Spring, I may have to put one of these in our backyard.

Last edited:

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

View attachment 130476
Congrats, that is a AWESOME looking boat. Cant wait for more pics. I am used to driving a 06 Nittro 288 sport with a merc 150 OB. This will be my first jet boat. I was expecting it to drive completely different. I appreciate feed back from guys like you regarding the boats characteristics.