• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2022 255xd LiFePo4 battery upgrade (pics)

Looks like the OP has not been around since July of this year..

Did you finish your dvsr modification to energize off an ignition hot?

I got a pm from a member the other day who is using a Battle Born 100ah battery as a start battery. BB says no to this but so far it has worked out well for this member. I also read on here recently that the starter motor draw from one of our engines is around 150 amps which is far below the BB BMS cut off level.

I’ve been running a 9ah anti gravity LiFePO4 battery in my dirt bikes for years now and they work great. As stated in my other thread our charging systems are well suited to using a LiFePO4 battery as they are always at full output.

Last edited:
Looks like the OP has not been around since July of this year..

Did you finish your dvsr modification to energize off an ignition hot?

I got a pm from a member the other day who is using a Battle Born 100ah battery as a start battery. BB says no to this but so far it has worked out well for this member. I also read on here recently that the starter motor draw from one of our engines is around 150 amps which is far below the BB BMS cut off level.

I’ve been running a 9ah anti gravity LiFePO4 battery in my dirt bikes for years now and they work great. As stated in my other thread our charging systems are well suited to using a LiFePO4 battery as they are always at full output.

Hello,

I did finish my DVSR mod, it is wired to the right ignition key. I also installed two 12v BB 100ah batteries in parallel for the house. My start battery is due for replacement next season and I'm hoping to swap that to LiFePo to save some weight. I'm thinking any 100ah LiFePo would do...

Hello,

I did finish my DVSR mod, it is wired to the right ignition key. I also installed two 12v BB 100ah batteries in parallel for the house. My start battery is due for replacement next season and I'm hoping to swap that to LiFePo to save some weight. I'm thinking any 100ah LiFePo would do...

Right on….That’s a heck of a lot of storage capacity! Did you do the smart shunt as well?

Right on….That’s a heck of a lot of storage capacity! Did you do the smart shunt as well?

Yes, I added the Victron Connect with the smart shunt. I really like knowing what I have in the batteries when I'm on the lake.

What is your experience with a LiFePo4 battery for starting a Yamaha boat motor? NOCO makes a start battery for jetski, it seems that would be very similar to starting a Yamaha boat motor.

I do not have any experience with using a LiFePO4 to start my boat, I still have a agm battery to start the boat. But, I do have a LiFePO4 battery in my dirt bike and it has worked great

Back