• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 222SE fuel percentage gauge

Surface-interval

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
My percentage gauge seems to be calibrated for a50 gallon tank instead of 70. It hit 0% when I used about 50 gallons. I’m at 53 gallons used now and plan on burning it on down as close to 70 gallons used as I can. Is there a way to recalibrate the percentage gauge to be accurate with the 70 gallon tank?

OCDoug

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
the connext might be set for a different model. Mine was missing the shower button and I found the software was set for a 255 which does not have a shower. That was an easy fix. Quick software model update and I was set. Just my possible thought on what could be wrong. There are plenty of intelligent folks on here that should chime in.

Surface-interval

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Thank you Doug, kinda what I was thinking as well.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sometimes just running the tank down and filling it back up can correct issues with the percentage gauge.

Try this,
Try filling your gas tank slowly until it is full.
Go into your connext screen and re set the fuel used gauge, and your percentage gauge should read 100%.
Then run your boat around, burn a half tank, then compare the fuel used gauge to the percentage gauge and see what the results are.

Surface-interval

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Thank you, I’ll do that first.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just an FYI, these gauges are noxiously out of whack - the easiest way to deal with fuel is to fill up regularly. For me, it's a stop on the way home, so anytime we want to go out, we've got full fuel.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you, I’ll do that first.
As a fyi, I have found my “fuel used” to be accurate to within 1/10th of a gallon, all the time. I use that so I know how much should be going into the tank.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
As a fyi, I have found my “fuel used” to be accurate to within 1/10th of a gallon, all the time. I use that so I know how much should be going into the tank.
Good call!

Surface-interval

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I agree with both of you guys. I’ve been going by fuel used and also fill up after almost every trip that’s why it’s taken over a year to really notice that it’s definitely set for a 50 gallon tank. I got down to about 45 used and got the low fuel warning and light. Pushed it to almost 54 used now and I’m going to keep going to close to empty. It’s more annoying than anything.

Sherwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine gauge has always read heavy.
Now appears to be getting even worse. Today the gauge said 49% and I put 33 gallons in 50 gallon tank.