• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 AR 250 fuel tank

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got my 2024 AR 220 and haven't put fuel in it yet but I am worried as my neighbor just bought a new 2023 AR250 which is supposed to have the same 70 gallon fuel tank but he could only fit 50 gallons in it. The guage showed 2% fuel on the 7" connex screen when he picked it up from the dealer.
Anybody else run into this issue?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think most just come to the understanding to never trust a fuel gauge on a boat. If he only got 50 in with 2% left, you should feel comfort in knowing the fuel gauge is being conservative on what's left and is leaving you enough to get home if you stop watching it.

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my ‘23 AR220 I noticed a discrepancy in the fuel gauge reading last summer. I would find that at 50% fuel it would barely take 20 gallo s to fill it up. Should have been more like 35 gallons. We even ran it down to 0% percent once, ran it for another 20 minutes at half to full throttle beyond that and then filled up on the way home that evening. It took just shy of 56 gallo s to get it back to full.

my $0.02

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is this guy absolutely certain the gauge showed 2% and not 20%? At 20% that 50 gallon fill is only 6 gallons off. I seriously doubt the dealer gave him his boat with 1.4 gallons in it, at 20% that would be 14 gallons in the tank. And if he tried to fill the tank at max flow it could have easily not taken that last 6 gallons.

There is a small flapper valve in the fuel fill line down close to the tank, this flapper is designed to keep the fuel fill tube full of gas so all of the air / vapor in the tank is forced out through the carbon canister, several people have had issues with this valve being in the line crooked, don’t assume yours or neighbors is, it’s not common. In practice, if the tank is low you can go with a higher rate of fuel fill until it clicks off the first time, then go with the slowest fill rate to finish filling the tank. Others have had issues with the carbon canister becoming full of fuel (from repeated topping off attempts) and not venting correctly, others have found theirs with water in it and not venting properly.

On your connext screen on the tab that may look like a flattened U shape, there is a fuel used line, that has proven to be far more accurate among this group than the percentage gauge, mine is accurate to 1/10th of a gallon. Be sure and reset this page to all zero’s.

What does your fuel gauge show currently?

I realize your boat is new, but, when you fill your boat up, use the slowest setting on the fill handle and don’t try and top it off by repeatedly squeezing the gas pump handle, you will hear the fuel come up in the fill tube, try it once more and if the fuel comes right up you’re done. Once that is done get in the boat and turn the batteries on and check the percentage gauge and it should read full.