• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 AR250 - any owner feedback?

Erinpatricksmith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Columbus (home) and Port Clinton (lake house) OH
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put a deposit on one that just came into dealer this week. I’ll get it next week. Anyone had experience on the water with the new engines? I’ve heard it’s quicker quieter and easier to control speed. Any recommended immediate upgrades?

Attachments

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wondering if you took delivery yet and if you have any impressions to share on the new motors. If yes, what was your prior boat?

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bumping this thread!
Anyone get a new top speed in a 25’ with the 1.9L?

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bumping this thread!
Anyone get a new top speed in a 25’ with the 1.9L?
Not me personally, but on Facebook last night someone posted in a group about hitting just over 50mph with an 80% full gas tank and 5 people on board in a 2024 252SE.

That's not insignificant as I usually hear 252 SE/SD owners saying they top out at 42-45mph.

Attachments

Last edited:

ChrisX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
We have seen 50 in our 2024 AR250 with two people and under half a tank. Loaded up we are in the mid 40s

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put a deposit on one that just came into dealer this week. I’ll get it next week. Anyone had experience on the water with the new engines? I’ve heard it’s quicker quieter and easier to control speed. Any recommended immediate upgrades?

I think the Ar 250 is great as is except for the stereo. that is horrible

ChrisX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
We've had it for two weeks and that will be the first upgrade

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We've had it for two weeks and that will be the first upgrade

Also a yeti 45 fits perfectly for long outings. the Yeti roadie is my go to for most trips as we are on a lake and never too far rom the house. They should be embarrassed for what they give you with the boats. I added some clamps so I can shut of water intakes in case I ever ned to get towed. I also added a carpet knife in th4 event we suck up a rope. i will also add docking lights at soe point soon.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On board battery charger would be the first addition if it were me. So many people have had issues that were directly tied to improperly charged batteries.

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have seen 50 in our 2024 AR250 with two people and under half a tank. Loaded up we are in the mid 40s
What’s your elevation?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length