• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 Teetop Removal

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have any of you removed your Tee Top to store your boat? Was it difficult? Where did you store the Tee Top after removing?
I'm asking because there is a drawbridge a few miles south of us that has a 7 foot closed clearance. The Tee Top measures out at just under 8 feet. My thought is if I can drop and reinstall the Tee Top I can go under the bridge while it's closed and easily save an hour when going South. Did I mention the bridge is currently broken and only opens for 1 hour a week.
Thanks.

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have any of you removed your Tee Top to store your boat? Was it difficult? Where did you store the Tee Top after removing?
I'm asking because there is a drawbridge a few miles south of us that has a 7 foot closed clearance. The Tee Top measures out at just under 8 feet. My thought is if I can drop and reinstall the Tee Top I can go under the bridge while it's closed and easily save an hour when going South. Did I mention the bridge is currently broken and only opens for 1 hour a week.
Thanks.
It’s a bitch!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve taken the T top off and reinstalled it numerous times… I can get it off and stowed in the shop in less than 30 mins. You only need three wrenches, a big Allen head for the uprights, another Allen head and a 9/16” box end for the very top piece. Take the rag top off before you start.

It’s harder putting it on than taking it off. I don’t know that I’d want to attempt it on the water without help.

Once you’ve done it once it’s pretty straight forward.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone somewhere either here or on another board/article was going to cut and put in stainless steel tube hinges and locks on the T Top supports so it could be unlatched and flipped over the front seat. Can't seem to find where I read this and I don't know if they every tried.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I saw that thread as well ,.. same as you, don’t recall what the outcome was. I looked at doing that as well but it still wouldn’t be low enough for my needs.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm no help, but the T top I just installed in the Whaler folds forward.

20220729_062509.jpg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty sure that’s how the original 19’ FSH models were…. I had thought about making a clamp on hinge to fold the top forward, but the height of the folded T top would still be too high to get through the shop door.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I store my boat in the garage and take the Ttop off every time... It gets old quick but I have it down to about 5 min taking it off and 10 at the most putting it back on depending on who helps me. I do not remove the top or the fabric I just removed the 6 bolts that connect it to the frame next to the helm. I use these Husky Long Ball End Bit Socket Set Metric (7-Piece) H3DMMLBBS7PCNN and my drill to make a quick work of it.