• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252/255 FSH Mooring Cover

Roger Vrooman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Team Center Console---

Feeling like a total dumb a$$ as this OEM mooring cover is whupping me right now... Love the cover, instructions have some serious room for improvement!!! For those that have this cover, my main issue is on the rear anti-pooling pole and HOW it attaches to the steering wheel...

Here are the instructions:
IMG_5889.jpeg

Okay, zero ways to tighten webbing unless you goober it like I did, pics to follow...

IMG_5884.jpegIMG_5886.jpegIMG_5887.jpegIMG_5888.jpeg

Comes with "1" white strap attached to pole, and a second strap which is approx 36"... Seems like I am missing a piece of webbing/connector that would allow me to tighten it, but it did NOT come in my box... Am I missing a piece, or just not following the directions, or both ;-)

Even watched this one video on Youtube, and while she connects said white webbing to the steering wheel, you can't see how she attaches it on the vid... Pretty good vid, except THE part I was looking for help on is not visible, UGHHHH!!!!

Thanks much

vr
Rogman

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On the white strap it looks like there is a male and female connector.. I’m going to assume that this white web goes around the grab bar and the male and female connectors …. Get to together. You can see one of the connectors hanging in the middle of the white webbing mid way in the white web at 1:11… that’s probably not all that helpful… I can’t see all of the white webbing perhaps another pic of the white webbing pieces?

I see you posted the question there on the youtube vid, hopefully the poster gets back to you quickly.

I had a bugger of a time putting mine on at first. On the bright side it looks like a nice cover… mine did not come with instructions.. had to watch a vid.

Roger Vrooman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
On the white strap it looks like there is a male and female connector.. I’m going to assume that this white web goes around the grab bar and the male and female connectors …. Get to together. You can see one of the connectors hanging in the middle of the white webbing mid way in the white web at 1:11… that’s probably not all that helpful… I can’t see all of the white webbing perhaps another pic of the white webbing pieces?

I see you posted the question there on the youtube vid, hopefully the poster gets back to you quickly.

I had a bugger of a time putting mine on at first. On the bright side it looks like a nice cover… mine did not come with instructions.. had to watch a vid.
Her strap looks different than mine after you point that out... Seems like her's is one piece where as mine is two separate straps that won't allow me to connect like she can... Give me a few and I will get a better pic of my white straps...
IMG_5894.jpegIMG_5893.jpeg

It's like I am missing a fitting on that second piece... Either way, all four ends of the white webbing are sewn down and there is no avenue to tighten or loosen any of the connections....

Thanks much

vr
Rogman

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think what’s missing is a short one sewn into the one from the pole that has a male snap on it that has enough length on it to be adjustable so you can cinch it up?

How frustrating!

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport is right. At about the 1:10 mark of the video you get a good view of the white strap attached to the pole. You can see a black connector dangling in the middle of the length between the pole and the seat.

Roger Vrooman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Yepper, will shoot a message to the dealer that got this for me to check it out, and possibly order a new strap (or entire pole assembly... Glad I am not going crazy...

Thanks much, vr Rogman

justincinmd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm having exactly the same problem. There doesn't seem to be any way to connect the webbing to the steering wheel or back to itself aside from tieing it to the steering wheel.

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I dont even use the rear anti-pooling pole, and i have never had it pool nor did it affect towing at highway speeds.

Roger Vrooman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I dont even use the rear anti-pooling pole, and i have never had it pool nor did it affect towing at highway speeds.
If I put the pole on the engine compartment, the cover is wayyyy too tight, but I don't see any other place it would go... Almost like it needs a couple of more adjustment holes in the outer pole...

Thanks much

vr
Rogman

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What was the outcome ?

Roger Vrooman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Thanks for checking... I "usually" double cover, so I normally don't put the pole in the rear anymore, and haven't checked with dealer about the steering wheel connection... Reading this, I had to "think" where I put that pole and straps... On a normal day, I will put the OEM cover on, front pole in, and strap attached to T-top rod holder, and then I have an over the T-top cover from OceanSouth, as the lot next to where I park the boat has a lot of pine trees, so I try to keep sap and pine needles off the top of the T-top, and a little protection for the OEM cover ;-)... "IF" I decide to put it up for the winter for a couple of months, I will put some damp-rid inside, a cheap box fan, and then put a 50x30 HD tarp over those two covers... I usually go "way" overboard trying to keep it clean and dry while under 3 covers (no pun intended)!!!

I was VERY upset when the dealer in Michigan told me they "threw" away the shipping cover, as I asked from day 1 when I put the deposit down, that I WANTED the shipping cover!!! I almost did not get the boat when we got there and he didn't have the shipping cover... I still need to try and pick one of those up from someone that gets it with their boat and they don't want it!!!

Thanks much

vr Rogman

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right on! OCD’ers of the world unite! LOL! Love to see the pride in ownership! It’s nice heading out on a clean boat!

I can see why you’d be not happy about not getting the shipping cover… I got mine with my boat but not sure if it will go on over the T top or not. I have an over the top of everything cover I got from Empire covers ( sometimes known as Budge covers), it’s easy to put on and take off, I wouldn’t tow with it on though, pretty sure I got the 600 weight nylon one.

Keeping in mind I don’t live by the ocean like you do, I have found that after washing the boat if I put the cover that goes over the entire boat and I open all the compartments for a couple of days everything dries out then I go and close up the compartments and there no issues with mold or dampness.