• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

252 Fish Finder Install

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Anybody install a fish finder on a 252 or 255 (not FSH)? I am looking for help with power under the dash, wire routing, transducer location, etc. but can't find a thread with info for that hull.

Anybody install a fish finder on a 252 or 255 (not FSH)? I am looking for help with power under the dash, wire routing, transducer location, etc. but can't find a thread with info for that hull.

First, its a great idea! Having the mapping, 2D sonar, down imaging and side imaging is great to be able to see what’s under the boat. Get the biggest screen you can

Did you try using the search function on this site? There are a plethora of threads and posts about where to mount the transducer and how to run the coax cable.

Have a look at @Judge recent thread on mounting that set up in his 27’ boat…lots of great info there.

First, its a great idea! Having the mapping, 2D sonar, down imaging and side imaging is great to be able to see what’s under the boat. Get the biggest screen you can

Did you try using the search function on this site? There are a plethora of threads and posts about where to mount the transducer and how to run the coax cable.

Have a look at @Judge recent thread on mounting that set up in his 27’ boat…lots of great info there.
Thanks for the lead. @Judge has a good documented install. I'm still in planning mode. My boat is wrapped for the winter. I'm most anxious about the power supply . I suspect the 27' and 25' have the same guts under the dash. I've also considered an install on the passenger side. Maybe I can tie into the light in the head.

I did try the search function. I usually get good results but on this my skills failed me. I found lots of transducer locations and methods (great info), not a lot of power tie-ins, and not a lot of wire routing. Especially for the 25' models. There was a bit for the FSH, hence my "(not FSH)" specific request.

Sadly, I violated every one of your recommendations. You will be disappointed in my unit selection, Striker 4cv. A creature of habit I tend to dip my toe first. I'll make sure to give you an "I told you" opportunity when I upgrade.

Thanks for the lead. @Judge has a good documented install. I'm still in planning mode. My boat is wrapped for the winter. I'm most anxious about the power supply . I suspect the 27' and 25' have the same guts under the dash. I've also considered an install on the passenger side. Maybe I can tie into the light in the head.

I did try the search function. I usually get good results but on this my skills failed me. I found lots of transducer locations and methods (great info), not a lot of power tie-ins, and not a lot of wire routing. Especially for the 25' models. There was a bit for the FSH, hence my "(not FSH)" specific request.

Sadly, I violated every one of your recommendations. You will be disappointed in my unit selection, Striker 4cv. A creature of habit I tend to dip my toe first. I'll make sure to give you an "I told you" opportunity when I upgrade.

Look at my upgrade list in my signature section, tap on Auxiliary 12 buss, that’ll show you how I gave myself a good source of power under my dash to expand from in the future. You may want to add more stuff going forward, lights, phone chargers etc…

Since you are in the planning stages still, go and check out the Garmin and Humminbird units. I’m partial to my 10” Solix, but a lot of folks here like the Garmin. There are no Uhauls following the hearse to the graveyard, so get the best stuff you can afford.

Back