• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 FSH Model H No Wake Issue

Legionnaire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I hope that I can describe what I experienced yesterday to gain some understanding if this has happened to anyone or if it was operator error.

Model: 2024 255 FSH Model H (10 hours)

This isn't my first FSH and I an experienced with No Wake, Cruise assist and Yamaha functions although on a 2018 210 FSH SPT with cables

While running at operating speed using single throttle function, I came into a no wake zone, brough both throttles to the neutral position to engage no wake mode. When I engaged no wake mode (verified on Connext), the boat began to turn to the right in circles and provided me no ability to correct the steering. I quickly engaged both throttles to correct the steering although realizing that I was still in single throttle mode. I disengaged the single throttle mode and attempted to engage No wake mode and again the boat began a hard turn to the right with no steering ability.

I went back to using the throttles and went about my day at the sandbar. I intentionally turned off both batteries while anchored. and when leaving attempted to recreate the issue using no wake mode and again the boat turned hard right with no steering.

Getting ready to take it in for its 10 hour maintenance and will have them investigate although wanted to check with the forum.

Thanks

I’ve always engaged the no wake mode while in TDE position… Your boat is a whole different animal with the electric steering, with each nozzle having independent steering to boot. Your issue sounds like a software issue, should be interesting to see what the dealer comes up with. Please keep us posted. I haven’t heard of anyone else having this issue @TeenGee

Other than that issue how is the boat working out for you so far?

Sounds like a software issue. Were you in single throttle mode the second time?
I don't like single throttle mode. It's too difficult to go back to normal mode and the engines sound synchronized when in normal mode.
Did you get any errors? I once got a BCU error when transitioning from Joystick to normal mode. The screen said to contact Yamaha service immediately. I could not get the Connext to change screens. I think I still had steering and throttle control. I cleared it by turning off both batteries.

I’ve always engaged the no wake mode while in TDE position… Your boat is a whole different animal with the electric steering, with each nozzle having independent steering to boot. Your issue sounds like a software issue, should be interesting to see what the dealer comes up with. Please keep us posted. I haven’t heard of anyone else having this issue @TeenGee

Other than that issue how is the boat working out for you so far?
We love it. Going from 210 SPT to this is a game changer. The amount of power, height of gunnels and rigidity is amazing. Not so keen on radio running through connect, a little difficult to use when underway but sound is great for stock. Rear seat is amazing and 110 gallons is awesome

Sounds like a software issue. Were you in single throttle mode the second time?
I don't like single throttle mode. It's too difficult to go back to normal mode and the engines sound synchronized when in normal mode.
Did you get any errors? I once got a BCU error when transitioning from Joystick to normal mode. The screen said to contact Yamaha service immediately. I could not get the Connext to change screens. I think I still had steering and throttle control. I cleared it by turning off both batteries.
Second time is was in two throttle mode . Received no errors . I am almost sure it’s a software issue. Hopefully the push an update soon. I have captured a log for all of my punch list items for them to fix on first service.
Thanks for the feedback

Having all electronic control is a scary thought to me. Its awsome when it works but you are beyond screwed with just a computer glitch

Second time is was in two throttle mode . Received no errors . I am almost sure it’s a software issue. Hopefully the push an update soon. I have captured a log for all of my punch list items for them to fix on first service.
Thanks for the feedback

There was another guy that was having an issue when he’d would accelerate hard from a dead stop with his 222 FSH Sport not sure if he had electronic steering or not. @AlpharettaRK was that you?

Hey that’s me. I do not have electric steering. My issue was a little different. Occurred launching by nailing throttles with tabs fully down. Boatwould veer starboard and full port helm would not straighten it out. Leaving tabs in auto mode and being just a little gentle on throttle has disappeared the issue. But as I said not really same issue. Good luck!

Hey that’s me. I do not have electric steering. My issue was a little different. Occurred launching by nailing throttles with tabs fully down. Boatwould veer starboard and full port helm would not straighten it out. Leaving tabs in auto mode and being just a little gentle on throttle has disappeared the issue. But as I said not really same issue. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! With your reminder I do remember the cause in your situation.

Back