• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 Must do's

bskaggs45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I fell in to a pretty good deal on a 23 255 FSH Sport E... Now I am in process of setting up boat for Fishing and Fun. Looking for any insights from fellow 252 255 owners..
I have spent the last week or so looking through the forum... Found a great trolling motor install tutorial.. will finish that this weekend..
My thoughts are I pulled my Dakota batteries and trolling motor from my old boat.. Debating on a custom mount for batteries on top of fuel tank but leave the boards able to come out.

Big questions... I had a 52" LED light bar on my old T-top this was great for running late or really early.. any concerns with mounting on T-top this time?
Second has anyone found a way to hold the table in the center console?
Anyone configured the cloth backing in the console with pockets?

Anyway looking forward to seeing what every one has done or planning..

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

bskaggs45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Curious, is there a reason you don’t want to use the area in the head compartment that is sort of set up for the battery bank?
I wanted to leave it open for other needs like chairs and bags for the sand bar.. LOL..

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm going to avoid sounding like a "karen", but you don't have any worry of trouble with LEO's running a white light bar in low light conditions? Other than docking/loading, they are pretty illigal in most states to use while under way.

Like I said, you do you. For all I know they are legal in your region. We would get tickets fast in MN.

bskaggs45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm going to avoid sounding like a "karen", but you don't have any worry of trouble with LEO's running a white light bar in low light conditions? Other than docking/loading, they are pretty illigal in most states to use while under way.

Like I said, you do you. For all I know they are legal in your region. We would get tickets fast in MN.
While that is a concern it is usually used when running out early in the morning off shore.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I fell in to a pretty good deal on a 23 255 FSH Sport E... Now I am in process of setting up boat for Fishing and Fun. Looking for any insights from fellow 252 255 owners..
I have spent the last week or so looking through the forum... Found a great trolling motor install tutorial.. will finish that this weekend..
My thoughts are I pulled my Dakota batteries and trolling motor from my old boat.. Debating on a custom mount for batteries on top of fuel tank but leave the boards able to come out.

Big questions... I had a 52" LED light bar on my old T-top this was great for running late or really early.. any concerns with mounting on T-top this time?
Second has anyone found a way to hold the table in the center console?
Anyone configured the cloth backing in the console with pockets?

Anyway looking forward to seeing what every one has done or planning..
If you need an aft sunshade I can make you a good deal on one. I ordered it ahead of boat delivery and then had to cancel due to health reasons.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wanted to leave it open for other needs like chairs and bags for the sand bar.. LOL..
Okay, but that shelf where i think you are talking about is just star board, and I think it will need some significant reenforcing to support batteries…

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you need an aft sunshade I can make you a good deal on one. I ordered it ahead of boat delivery and then had to cancel due to health reasons.
Im interested in the sun shade if its still available.