• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

27' new Yamaha model 275 jet boat to be unveil Thursday at the Miami Boat Show

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Out of curiosity I went to boat trader years 2013 to current size 26-29ft

Many center console all in the 130+ range. Many different brand bow riders as well. Bow riders were all 115+

Yamaha did nothing different with layout the layout is the same in all the boats. Yamaha has center walkthrough due to engine placement. The all have reversible seating, sink, tolet... all in same location.

Yamaha dash is fancy.

All of these had soft bimini tops. I imagine yamaha sells out the 60 pretty quick at the 115 tag for brand new.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Out of curiosity I went to boat trader years 2013 to current size 26-29ft

Many center console all in the 130+ range. Many different brand bow riders as well. Bow riders were all 115+

Yamaha did nothing different with layout the layout is the same in all the boats. Yamaha has center walkthrough due to engine placement. The all have reversible seating, sink, tolet... all in same location.

Yamaha dash is fancy.

All of these had soft bimini tops. I imagine yamaha sells out the 60 pretty quick at the 115 tag for brand new.
Unless this 275 is made in a different factory by a different crew with different materials than all the other 240/242s... (which it is not) there is NO comparison to real bowrider boats like SeaRay 27'. Zero comparison as far as quality and rideability in rough water.
Of course those are not jet boats, so not exactly a fair comparison, but - you started it! lol.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There will only be 60 of these made for this year and they require a deposit to get on the list.
This is the most important part of the puzzle, lol.
It's basically a concept.

As my teenage daughters like to say to me: "thank you, next".

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am curious anyone know if this will handle better in rough water? We use our 242 limited in the bay but can take a real beating crossing certain areas and rarely take it out in the ocean because of how poorly it handles waives and swells. Can it be left docked in salt water all summer or would a lift be needed? I personally love the look but cannot believe how expensive the extra 3 feet is.
I wouldn't bet on it. This is a very very light boat for the size, and the transom is recessed by about 3-4ft so the real LOA is no par with a 24fter w/traditional transom. I would also worry about flex, these boats are made of FRP, which is great as it is strong , light and durable, but it will flex and with 9' beam there may be issues with windshields caving in etc, we had seen it in the 240s already, a lot. In fact, I immediately open the center panel when hitting rough water. Don;t ask me how I've learned to do that, lol.

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is the most important part of the puzzle, lol.
It's basically a concept.

As my teenage daughters like to say to me: "thank you, next".

--
In case you don't know Thank you Next is currently a popular Ariana Grande song. Actually that was a month or two ago so probably not that popular anymore. I hear a lot of things come out of my kids and their friends that I don't understand so I google them. Then I use those same sayings around them in the right context they look at me like I have three heads because I am an "old dude"

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The lower handle in these boats serves as a tow point. You can see that in this photo Yamaha just sent me:

View attachment 88042
Neat idea for the lower attachment point. Just remember to splash with water if it has been sitting in the sun before touching it. That handle is going to get a lot of reflection off the water on top of from directly above.

As for no tower tow point that is in no doubt the biggest missed opportunity with this. The tower looks plenty strong enough for one.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unless this 275 is made in a different factory by a different crew with different materials than all the other 240/242s... (which it is not) there is NO comparison to real bowrider boats like SeaRay 27'. Zero comparison as far as quality and rideability in rough water.
Of course those are not jet boats, so not exactly a fair comparison, but - you started it! lol.

--
I cant disagree with the factory part... maybe that is why they only want 60 so they can "try" to produce better quality finishes.

Sad that the largest conglomerate of users all has the same thoughts better finishes. If they kept the same price on the 242 or increased 5k but made it feel like a luxury ride they would sell even more.

Make the 242lux series middle walk through like 275, reversible seats forward sweep tower water seats drive system and the seat finishings were higher end, seadek included premium sound they would fly

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay, so what's the deal with the DRiVE paddles?
Is it just operating the TDE / No Wake mode independently for both engines/pumps?

If that is the case, it should be the same as splitting throttles while in No Wake mode, correct?
Or does it do anything else? The buckets are the same as new 2019, so this is not like the jet ski iRide.

--

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay, so what's the deal with the DRiVE paddles?
Is it just operating the TDE / No Wake mode independently for both engines/pumps?

If that is the case, it should be the same as splitting throttles while in No Wake mode, correct?
Or does it do anything else? The buckets are the same as new 2019, so this is not like the jet ski iRide.

--
I cant tell.. it sounded like right paddle controls forward/speed and left controls reverse/speed you just steer the wheel.

Imo it's like paddle shifters on cars a cool "look at me" feature but I've never had issue turning boat with independent manipulation of engines via throttle

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I cant tell.. it sounded like right paddle controls forward/speed and left controls reverse/speed you just steer the wheel.

Imo it's like paddle shifters on cars a cool "look at me" feature but I've never had issue turning boat with independent manipulation of engines via throttle
I'm struggling to see the value.

To get a tight turn, I use reverse and forward it the same time. Don't think you can do that with the paddles. How is this going to make docking any better?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The things that jump out...

Same windshield lip... I would think they know what they are doing, but with the wide beam and hull flex the center panel may be prone to caving.
1550181567828.png

Also, this is just one of those things that makes you go: "Hmm... I wonder, have the designers ever, ever traveled in a boat in rough water"?
You want to seat you passengers there while pounding waves? Make sure they have solid health care plan and take X-rays of sacroilliac joints, before and after, lol.
Oh, boy...
1550181953716.png

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 275 is most definitely not a surfing boat. The transom is way recessed and there is not room for integration of ballast bags it seems.
This would make for nice surf "Wedge" attachments though, instead of those little seats...
1550182726753.png

--

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm sorry for beating a dead horse, but I really want to know if these are a design feature or if they serve some purpose! First, they're not molded into the hull, so I imagine they will have they're own part number so they can be replaced when they get knocked off. Second, I've always thought that the stern of Yamaha boats was unique (dare I say Sexy!) in the way they sloped down onto the water. What the heck was the thought process behind these (and don't get me started on the windshield design). Would have looked so much cleaner without them!!yamaha-boat-2019-275-swim-up-seats.jpg

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm sorry for beating a dead horse, but I really want to know if these are a design feature or if they serve some purpose! First, they're not molded into the hull, so I imagine they will have they're own part number so they can be replaced when they get knocked off. Second, I've always thought that the stern of Yamaha boats was unique (dare I say Sexy!) in the way they sloped down onto the water. What the heck was the thought process behind these (and don't get me started on the windshield design). Would have looked so much cleaner without them!!View attachment 88077
The speaker pods are added on because the boat wouldn’t come out of the mold If they were integral.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm sorry for beating a dead horse, but I really want to know if these are a design feature or if they serve some purpose! First, they're not molded into the hull, so I imagine they will have they're own part number so they can be replaced when they get knocked off. Second, I've always thought that the stern of Yamaha boats was unique (dare I say Sexy!) in the way they sloped down onto the water. What the heck was the thought process behind these (and don't get me started on the windshield design). Would have looked so much cleaner without them!!View attachment 88077
It is a safer step area for transitioning from boat to dock and vice-versa. I am surprised it is not covered in Sea-Dek or textured. This may not be its intended function, but flat step areas in the stern area of a boat are going to be used in this manner......I hope they are sturdy and not decorations.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As @Murf'n'surf mentioned its their way of integrating a rear step. Similar in thought but not in design to their other models. None of which have seadek20190214_175040.jpg