• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

27' new Yamaha model 275 jet boat to be unveil Thursday at the Miami Boat Show

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still uploading my videos but one of the things i checked out today during the boatshow was those wings/steps. They are solid, and strong. I used them to get on the boat when it was in the water from the dock and it didn't budge one bit. They felt pretty strong and not something i would worry about breaking from everyday use., Also, if you are sitting there they serve as arm rests. They have that grippy texture but im sure could use some seadek.
Could you check/inquire about the steering paddles - what exactly do those do? I'm very curious how those work.
thank you!

--

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could you check/inquire about the steering paddles - what exactly do those do? I'm very curious how those work.
thank you!

--
There already is videos on Yamaha's site about them. After engaging the Drive system on the Connext screen, the right one applies forward thrust, the left one applies reverse thrust. Its only for slow movement.
Must have electric reverse door activation.
Just like the "Ride" system on the Waverunners

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There already is videos on Yamaha's site about them. After engaging the Drive system on the Connext screen, the right one applies forward thrust, the left one applies reverse thrust. Its only for slow movement.
Must have electric reverse door activation.
Just like the "Ride" system on the Waverunners
Got it! So, it is only a pull/one direction only and each pedal operates both pumps/engines at once?
I will have to watch the vids, thanks for the tip.

--

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Must work the pumps and the buckets somehow. Maybe it bypasses the throttle levers when engaged...probably at limited RPM's.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got it! So, it is only a pull/one direction only and each pedal operates both pumps/engines at once?
I will have to watch the vids, thanks for the tip.

--
Correct, the E/SE models dont have it. Only the SD does, not sure if its an option. They had the SD in the water so i couldn't get a good shot of it, and the SE out on display. Basically you need the electronic buckets to work. The paddles work them directly instead of working the throttles to do it. The sales guy didnt seem to know much about them though.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Besides tower is there any difference between e/se

If not I'd save another 25 grand and install tower for 3 or so

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Besides tower is there any difference between e/se

If not I'd save another 25 grand and install tower for 3 or so
Given some MYs of a 242LSE 2016-19 tower now list for about $11k... that 3 or so may be a bit optimistic.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Correct, the E/SE models dont have it. Only the SD does, not sure if its an option. They had the SD in the water so i couldn't get a good shot of it, and the SE out on display. Basically you need the electronic buckets to work. The paddles work them directly instead of working the throttles to do it. The sales guy didnt seem to know much about them though.
Given that it looked like they all had E Series throttle controls, that would mean they all have electronic gate controls already. I would hope it would also give more thrust on one engine vs the other depending on where the wheel is?

I asked @veedubtek to get more specifics today if he can.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Given some MYs of a 242LSE 2016-19 tower now list for about $11k... that 3 or so may be a bit optimistic.

--
11k for a tower I'll build my own.. my wife likes that modern rustic mix anyways

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Given that it looked like they all had E Series throttle controls, that would mean they all have electronic gate controls already. I would hope it would also give more thrust on one engine vs the other depending on where the wheel is?

I asked @veedubtek to get more specifics today if he can.
I think they must have gotten rid of the rack and pinion steering to make that paddle system work.
The video shows quickly the wheel being turned very slight side to side

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just spoke to @veedubtek and he is at the Miami boat show now and about to do a water test on the 275

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, three pissers on the port side. One for each engine explains two of them. I sure hope that the third is the ballast drain outlet... if not, then it's the bilge pump outlet. In the pic, it looks like all three are flowing. If it's the bilge pump outlet... maybe just another leaky Yamaha fresh from the factory? Maybe not, but based on my first two dealers telling me "they all leak" ...
1550341791635.png

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, three pissers on the port side. One for each engine explains two of them. I sure hope that the third is the ballast drain outlet... if not, then it's the bilge pump outlet. In the pic, it looks like all three are flowing. If it's the bilge pump outlet... maybe just another leaky Yamaha fresh from the factory? Maybe not, but based on my first two dealers telling me "they all leak" ...
View attachment 88157
Usually supercharger intercooler would get that in SVHOs.
@MrMoose - this yacht has your family written all over it! It would be a much smoother ride to Bimini. Maybe.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@1948Isaac just text me he just took it for a test spin he did not sound impressed he said the tower rattled a bunch and it was way louder then his 240 he felt it was way over priced for what it is.

4D784326-0870-4C3C-A083-D1BF594E5739.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 88157
There is 3 on each side 6 in total.

Chris2174

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like first year growing pains coming...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I think they must have gotten rid of the rack and pinion steering to make that paddle system work.
The video shows quickly the wheel being turned very slight side to side
The 275SD has electric over hydraulic power steering.