• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

5 gallon bucket locker

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
the 23' boats dont drain very well. the deck doent have enough pitch aft. when i had mine, if i hosed it out there would always be 1" of water all the way fwd on the deck by the anchor locker. while you wash you need to put a couple people on the swim platform to get the water flowing back and out the scupper. this is a good reason why you need that seal around your locker lid to be in good shape. water will just stand there in that channel. if its not sealed the excess will end up in the locker.

Sccala

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
the 23' boats dont drain very well. the deck doent have enough pitch aft. when i had mine, if i hosed it out there would always be 1" of water all the way fwd on the deck by the anchor locker. while you wash you need to put a couple people on the swim platform to get the water flowing back and out the scupper. this is a good reason why you need that seal around your locker lid to be in good shape. water will just stand there in that channel. if its not sealed the excess will end up in the locker.
It’s a 2011 24 foot 242 Limited S. The pitch definitely is funky. I keep the boat in the water and you are right, if I don’t put weight on the transom platform, it’ll always have an inch or two of water on the floor all the way up at the bow. After each use, I always wash the hull and interior, but I do it solo because it just goes faster that way, so I don’t have bodies to put on the platform since my wife and kids go home in a separate vehicle. So what I do is… Since we keep the boat backed up to the slip... after I wash it, to get all the water to drain into the bilge, I stand on the transom platform and grab ahold of the post that has my hose reel mounted on it and I pull up on the post which slightly pushes the stern of the boat into the water, thus raising the bow a little bit. You have to hold it for a good 20 to 30 seconds, which is a bitch, but that’s the only way to get the standing water in the bow to flow to the bilge and exit the boat before I cover it and leave. How are the new designs? Hopefully they have fixed this issue. It seems like when they designed it, they were either drunk or assumed that everybody would trailer their boat and nobody would ever leave it in the water, like ever ever. As far as the weatherstripping around the ski locker… That is something I will be doing in the next day or two. I believe that is why I’m getting water in my ski locker. It’s very flattened and I don’t think it is providing a very good seal.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Well speaking for the 275. Its much better. I dont have standing water fwd anymore but i feel the deck is about perfectly level which makes the draining slow but atleast it drains.

Bribo475

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 210 FSh, and the bar on the lock mechanism is broken. Used boat, and I didn’t catch it on walkthrough. Is there a way to buy just the bar to replace it, or do I have to replace the whole lock assembly? I have the same issue with getting tons of water in the bucket locker during rainstorms or after washing as it does not seal at all.

Sccala

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 210 FSh, and the bar on the lock mechanism is broken. Used boat, and I didn’t catch it on walkthrough. Is there a way to buy just the bar to replace it, or do I have to replace the whole lock assembly? I have the same issue with getting tons of water in the bucket locker during rainstorms or after washing as it does not seal at all.
If you’re talking about the latch/lock assembly…you have to replace the whole lock assembly….handle and latch. Probably run you $40 to $50 through any online Yamaha parts store…or eBay.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm planning to upgrade all those plastic ones to stainless pieces some day. I'm sure they'll start breaking eventually, so if you are like many of us... it's just asking for an excuse to get upgraded. :)

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It’s a 2011 24 foot 242 Limited S. The pitch definitely is funky. I keep the boat in the water and you are right, if I don’t put weight on the transom platform, it’ll always have an inch or two of water on the floor all the way up at the bow. After each use, I always wash the hull and interior, but I do it solo because it just goes faster that way, so I don’t have bodies to put on the platform since my wife and kids go home in a separate vehicle. So what I do is… Since we keep the boat backed up to the slip... after I wash it, to get all the water to drain into the bilge, I stand on the transom platform and grab ahold of the post that has my hose reel mounted on it and I pull up on the post which slightly pushes the stern of the boat into the water, thus raising the bow a little bit. You have to hold it for a good 20 to 30 seconds, which is a bitch, but that’s the only way to get the standing water in the bow to flow to the bilge and exit the boat before I cover it and leave. How are the new designs? Hopefully they have fixed this issue. It seems like when they designed it, they were either drunk or assumed that everybody would trailer their boat and nobody would ever leave it in the water, like ever ever. As far as the weatherstripping around the ski locker… That is something I will be doing in the next day or two. I believe that is why I’m getting water in my ski locker. It’s very flattened and I don’t think it is providing a very good seal.
What are you going with for the weatherstripping? My boat is only a year old and though the weatherstripping looks new, it doesn't seem to stop any water at all. I haven't played around with adjusting things yet, but maybe that is all that is necessary.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What are you going with for the weatherstripping? My boat is only a year old and though the weatherstripping looks new, it doesn't seem to stop any water at all. I haven't played around with adjusting things yet, but maybe that is all that is necessary.
You may find just adjusting the latch will provide the seal you need.

Sccala

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ended up using a three-quarter inch tall hollow tube style with peel & stick adhesive backing. Works really good..

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FWIW, the past two outings I have not washed the deck down with the 5 gallon bucket, when I took the boat out zero water came out of the plug hole.