• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor locker drain?

What is 5200, sorry new here, have boat on order, looking for heads up to know what to look for when I get it

I have decided to plug the drain plug off with silicone completely. Next time I go to the dealership, I will have them drill the hole and install a scupper under warranty.

Ha! I laughed out loud at the idea that YOU can determine what is covered under warranty!

Yeah, that anchor drain is pretty damn stupid.
Here is my $.75 Home Depot fix to stop waves from splashing water into the nose.
IMG_0265.jpg

What is 5200, sorry new here, have boat on order, looking for heads up to know what to look for when I get it
Welcome to the forum..just search 5200 here and you'll get plenty of tips and tricks utilizing 5200 and 4200. You going to get to know 5200 real well..lol
Its a 3M marine sealant for above and below the waterline.

I just use this, because if you put more than two in the bow it starts filling at low speeds...horrible design.

You don’t want to keep water out or in. Water in cleans the sand and junk your anchor brings in and then rushes out.

I don’t want water entering the boat to clean the anchor locker. I try to get all the silt/dirt off the anchor before put it away.
I assume there is a hole there to drain water from the anchor line and anything that might splash over the bow and enter through the ladder holes.
It’s a bad design.
I’ll leave my cork in place and see what happens after a week on the river. I expect minimal water in the bow.

Why is it a bad design? If it exited to the other drains the potential is there for mud and sand to clog up the drains

Took my new 2020 AR210 out for her maiden voyage yesterday. When I was winching her back onto the trailer I heard some popping sounds and discovered that my bow eye was loose!

Today I went out to the boat with some tools to tighten down the bolts on the bow eye and noticed this rough looking hole at the bottom of my anchor locker.

Is this the drain? Is it normal to look like they just used a power drill and called it a day? I guess I was expecting something similar to the drains in the other compartments.

View attachment 120310
View attachment 120311

Looks like you got it taken care of.. @drewkaree did an excellent thread on a solid repair to the anchor locker drain here:

Many folks have spent a fair amount of time chasing down water intrusion into the bilge. If you check the FAQ section you will find other posts to help you chase down any water that you find entering the bilge.

5200 as I understand it is for those applications where it will be permanent, as in you will need a grinder to remove 5200. 5200 can also be used underwater and it will cure. There is also a fast cure version of 5200 as well.

Here’s a link with some vids of some serious boaters talking about 5200. Granted it’s a 3M promo, but my friend who had a marine repair business for 15 years swears by this product, he installed through hull fittings below the water line while boats were in the water and used this product.

as in you will need a grinder to remove 5200

You can remove 5200 without a grinder. You can use DeBond spray and you can get it off, with a lot of elbow grease. There are other chemicals as well that you can use. It is not an easy task. BUT if you plan on removing something down the road it is better to use 4200/4000

You can remove 5200 without a grinder. You can use DeBond spray and you can get it off, with a lot of elbow grease. There are other chemicals as well that you can use. It is not an easy task. BUT if you plan on removing something down the road it is better to use 4200/4000

Thanks @HangOutdoors ! I keep a tube of 4200 and 5200 on board.

First I like your idea of the plug and yes bow down with a few people up front is a problem with Yamahas design with no scupper valve not allowing water to come up tube.

Now for the part you need to check out to see if your solution is actually keep water out of the hull..... your plug keeps it out of the locker....no question. The outside valve is 3/4 inch the tube in your locker is much smaller it would not surprise me if the smaller tube is just slipped inside the larger tube and not sealed properly.

Water can flow down hill/out without dumping water into Hull but if water comes up the tube your PLUG will stop the water from entering locker but without a seal or gasket of some type sealing the different pipe sizes WATER will spill into forward hull and start its path back to the bilge area. SORRY for giving you one more thing to check out but I don't trust with differences in tube sizes that seal was done properly.

First I like your idea of the plug and yes bow down with a few people up front is a problem with Yamahas design with no scupper valve not allowing water to come up tube.

Now for the part you need to check out to see if your solution is actually keep water out of the hull..... your plug keeps it out of the locker....no question. The outside valve is 3/4 inch the tube in your locker is much smaller it would not surprise me if the smaller tube is just slipped inside the larger tube and not sealed properly.

Water can flow down hill/out without dumping water into Hull but if water comes up the tube your PLUG will stop the water from entering locker but without a seal or gasket of some type sealing the different pipe sizes WATER will spill into forward hull and start its path back to the bilge area. SORRY for giving you one more thing to check out but I don't trust with differences in tube sizes that seal was done properly.

While I have not installed this yet its on the winter list. I do occasionally get some water in my bilge but I’m not convinced it’s coming in through the anchor locker drain fitting. I’m going to install this fitting because I want a for sure seal.

The difference on my boat compared with others, my oem fitting comes all the way through into the locker.

I noticed on some years the fitting and the threads came all the way to the locker on those I'm confident the water does not flow into the hull between the outer hull and the lockers inter liner. The one piece design on the drain prevents this. Nightmares 2011 and my 2013 sx240 locker design has the smaller tube running down to a standard 3/4 inch valve............I need to look up the valve to see how the smaller tube transition to the larger valve like you are going to install.

My boat is on my lift in a canal and I have no access unless I stand in 6ft of water at my dock.............but our local gator Jake is always hanging around looking for a snack......LOL and putting her back on the trailer is a 2 day event.

Thanks that SS valve is a nice looking addition to your boat.

Back